Been a long time coming, clearly the FL were sick to the back teeth of them and rightly so. Sucks for the supporters but they have a chance to come back stronger, without the parasitic types who have trashed a once-proud club.

• Like 2

I was laughing at the nature of the Danny Whitaker signing yesterday, but get the feeling it belies a story of decent people, diving in and out of a dumpster fire, attempting to piece a squad together for the coming season, just in case they’re allowed to compete, all with the day-to-day budget of a cub scouts group.

The historical debts they must have had through the last several years or more make you wonder what else could be done. It was clear there was a problem that even FA Cup runs and a freak promotion couldn’t keep at bay. Without a money man to save them, what else could they do except delay the inevitable?

Sounds like another demoralising tale of how the FA and past mismanagement can fail the well-meaning majority. 

• Like 1

I've read somewhere that the owner has tried to get the court hearing adjourned for like the 8th time, citing a buyer being close. This has been going on since January 2019. Obviously its just a stalling tactic that continues forever more. The same person who was apparently in the pipeline to buy Bury is the supposed saviour. 

Never nice for a club to go under, however Macc are a horrible club. I just hope if they are to go bust they do it as soon as possible so the other teams in the National know the state of play and can adapt to it. Worse case scenario is they start the season and then go under after X amount of games. 

This is why it’s important to support the club by which ever way you can .. season tickets .. supporters club .. going to games .. watching the games if they broad cast them ..

I sure other clubs will follow as the season progresses

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Nick said:

This is why it’s important to support the club by which ever way you can .. season tickets .. supporters club .. going to games .. watching the games if they broad cast them ..

I sure other clubs will follow as the season progresses

Wasn't going to buy season tickets for various reasons but in the end it comes down to do you want a football club so relented. Remains to be seen if it was a futile gesture.

• Like 1

Sounds like Ebbsfleet might be reprieved if the league has to start with 24. 

That brings its own problems for them. Have they built a squad capable  of  competing in this league or are they just going to end up being whipping boys. 

Downside for us another southern team 

1 minute ago, mj85 said:

Not to the extent of going bust, but two clubs have had to withdraw from the Non League system due to the COVID situation.

Guernsey and Isle of Man.

The non-league equivalents of the Catalan Dragons. Nice away game/weekend