FC Halifax Town have announced our new squad numbers ahead of the 2020/21 season.

Sam Johnson, Nathan Clarke, Jamie Allen and Niall Maher will continue to wear 1, 4, 7 and 31 respectively.

Squad list in full:

1 Sam Johnson

2 Jeff King

3 Jack Senior

4 Nathan Clarke

6 Tom Bradbury

7 Jamie Allen

8 Kieran Green

9 Jake Hyde

10 Jack Earing

11 Danny Williams

14 Matt Stenson

16 Reuben Noble-Lazarus

20 Dominic Tear.

18 Jay Benn

19 Luke Summerfield

26 Martin Woods

31 Niall Maher

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

FC Halifax Town have announced our new squad numbers ahead of the 2020/21 season.

Sam Johnson, Nathan Clarke, Jamie Allen and Niall Maher will continue to wear 1, 4, 7 and 31 respectively.

Squad list in full:

1 Sam Johnson

2 Jeff King

3 Jack Senior

4 Nathan Clarke

6 Tom Bradbury

7 Jamie Allen

8 Kieran Green

9 Jake Hyde

10 Jack Earing

11 Danny Williams

14 Matt Stenson

16 Reuben Noble-Lazarus

20 Dominic Tear.

18 Jay Benn

19 Luke Summerfield

26 Martin Woods

31 Niall Maher

When did we retire the No5??

Wild has to be careful as he appears to be building his squad to fit only the wing back formation.  A formation that looked like it had ran its course by lockdown/playoffs.

We need to be adaptable and in the event this formation requires change have the players to step in. For example king did ok at wing back last season, but if required in a back four as with Williams on the left it wouldn't work imo.

I know theres a few players still to come in but i reckon he's got a starting line up in mind already. Just dont want him putting all his eggs in in one basket.

• Like 1

Glennon opted for a number other than no 1 and doesn't Rooney play for Derby under no 33. Numbers mean nothing these days, it would be interesting to know when Town last started a game (when using squad numbers) with 1 to 11 taking the field.

I see Wild says a new centre back signing should be done by the end of the week. Been working on it a while. I wonder if the lad has held out for a football league deal but it never materialised. Suspect he’ll take the number 5 shirt 

5 hours ago, Ash said:

No need for a squad number for Matty Brown or Jacob Hanson. Time people moved on now. Not in the managers plans.

Ok we've moved on and since that has happened we only have 16 squad members.