• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye, and we should encourage half the team to be alcoholics and the rest to have pie and chips 30 mins before kickoff on a match day. You know, how it used to be back in the day.

Quite right - if we are trying to be more professional, then increasing the backroom staff goes hand in hand with that. If we want to run ourselves as a Sunday League team then let's not bother with a

I presume that your tongue was pressed firmly against your check as you typed it? 

Posted Images

Do you know summat?? It fascinates me and proves a point to me!!! People in this modern, ultra hygienic sterile world we now live in have no sense of humour whatsoever. I made a flippant throw away comment about beer & pies and winning the WC and a couple of sillies about Gazza and some on here actually think I'm being serious. Please grow as sense of humour and stop taking things so seriously. Do we of a certain age think the game was better years ago, to a degree, but it was different. Of course its a much more scientific game now, does that make it better?? Some of us would say probably not, but its different. Its two worlds colliding thats all. But as an old work mucker of mine used to say, "if you cant have a laugh, its a poor do". R.I.P. Slugger.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Hardly surprising that Peter got sick of his role as unused sub goalkeeper and Thomas started to doubt if we needed an assistant kit man

Not to mention Judas handing in a transfer request at the last minute.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, greg45 said:

Not to mention Judas handing in a transfer request at the last minute.

He should have known better than to trust someone called Judas. The signs were all there

15 hours ago, Glenners said:

You didn’t mess about with our teacher at Holy Trinity Boys School in 1965....

1AA67244-4878-4F7C-A309-F0D1915AFAC4.jpeg

That is the main problem with primary schools now, the lack of male teachers. We had a bloke who ran our class at Deanfield, Mr Naylor, who ran it with a rod of iron. I still remember queuing up in the corridor to get the strap for a minor infraction.

1 minute ago, ITMAN said:

That is the main problem with primary schools now, the lack of male teachers. We had a bloke who ran our class at Deanfield, Mr Naylor, who ran it with a rod of iron. I still remember queuing up in the corridor to get the strap for a minor infraction.

As did Stinton and Mrs Roberts was equal to any fella.

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

As did Stinton and Mrs Roberts was equal to any fella.

Yes, Steve I don't disagree that female teachers can be just as tough on the little blighters in the classroom, where I see the deficiency is in the lack of male teachers to run the school football teams. The ladies may try but sadly they are not as good. Add in the fact that after school clubs are more or less a thing of the past, most being outsourced to local coaches etc and we have a decline in schools football. It used to be a badge of honour in Leeds to have been picked to represent Leeds City Boys, but this has now fallen by the wayside with Junior football picking up the slack. 

3 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Yes, Steve I don't disagree that female teachers can be just as tough on the little blighters in the classroom, where I see the deficiency is in the lack of male teachers to run the school football teams. The ladies may try but sadly they are not as good. Add in the fact that after school clubs are more or less a thing of the past, most being outsourced to local coaches etc and we have a decline in schools football. It used to be a badge of honour in Leeds to have been picked to represent Leeds City Boys, but this has now fallen by the wayside with Junior football picking up the slack. 

Felt like an International when playing for Hx School boys at the Shay.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Felt like an International when playing for Hx School boys at the Shay.

Exactly, it used to be one of the primary ways for good schoolboy players to get seen by club scouts and then trials would be offered. Now, we have the all encompassing Academy system which hovers up any promising talent keeps them or spits them out, without a care for the damage it creates to the development of young players.