I'm not sure if you are getting fed up with the quiz or if the previous question was a bit to hard, but for now I'll just run to 35 and see how we go!! The answer to Ouestion 33 for those who didnt get it was Danny Blanchflower.

Question 34:- This player signed for his first club aged 17yrs, the vast majority of his career was probably at 2nd tier although this was with several big clubs. His career league appearances show 578 games scoring just 27 goals. For one of the clubs he appeared 231 times scoring 13 times. He played for his Country 9 times scoring 1 goal. He was very much a journeyman player moving around a lot, he eventually ended up playing abroad before finishing out his career as a semi pro back in England. He was a character I would say fell into the marmite category, and he very sadly died very young way to soon.

For my part your questions are all way before my time. Started supporting Town in 1993, and had a passing interest in football from the mid-80s, so any answers I've offered are simply old memories, probably from playing in the Halifax quiz league for my parents' pub.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, born to moan said:

Trevor Hockey died young.

3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Give us youngsters a chance

Well done BtM. Died aged 43yrs of a heart attack following a 5 a side game. I remember him playing at the Shay for Birmingham, I think we lost 4 - 2. But he was one of those players that stood out, a real character.

3 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

Well done BtM. Died aged 43yrs of a heart attack following a 5 a side game. I remember him playing at the Shay for Birmingham, I think we lost 4 - 2. But he was one of those players that stood out, a real character.

You’re right Tommy. Hockey got some stick(!) from the crowd on that occasion. I remember John Pickering getting a rare goal that day.

21 minutes ago, Lammie said:

You’re right Tommy. Hockey got some stick(!) from the crowd on that occasion. I remember John Pickering getting a rare goal that day.

If memory serves it was an FA Cup match. Terrible pun by the way!!!!!:D

16 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

That was the first game I saw as a kid.. too young to remember too much .. But my dad gave me the match ball from that game., 

the ball then spent the rest of its life being kicked around Shibden park .. 

• Like 1
On 9/14/2020 at 7:49 PM, Lammie said:

Think it was more famous for Fred Pickering's goal. He shouted "leave it, John" so John Pickering ducked out of the way, and Fred headed it in. I couldn't understand what the Town players were complaining about at the time, but the ref hadn't heard it so the goal stood.

• Like 1