Boston Next Saturday

11 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I wonder if it will happen . If it does it will be behind closed doors . Maybe they'll stick the cardboard cutouts in the Skircoat

I was going to say that WB, but I get fed up of being accused of being negative for suggesting any such thing. Personally, having watched Match of the Day highlights and the EFL Highlights, it's all just soulless to me. No fans makes it all just pointless. And for fear of being torn to shreds again, I dont think things will kick off on 3rd October and I dont think fans will be allowed in this side of the new year.

5 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I was going to say that WB, but I get fed up of being accused of being negative for suggesting any such thing. Personally, having watched Match of the Day highlights and the EFL Highlights, it's all just soulless to me. No fans makes it all just pointless. And for fear of being torn to shreds again, I dont think things will kick off on 3rd October and I dont think fans will be allowed in this side of the new year.

I was sure MOTD dubbed fake crowd sounds over the highlights. Either that or there were a lot more people in the stadiums than were supposedly allowed.

Just now, Hoddie said:

I was sure MOTD dubbed fake crowd sounds over the highlights. Either that or there were a lot more people in the stadiums than were supposedly allowed.

Those stupid over dubs are ridiculous. They are the equivalent of the stupid bloody canned laughter so beloved of American sitcoms.

2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I thought the sound dubbing was in stadium but I guess it's possible it is only on TV . We were ahead of times 45 years ago when we applied to use crowd noises to create atmosphere . Then we had the late great Mr Megaphone Man with his boom box . No crowds is soulless and not in the spirit of spectator sports . Wonder if the stadium announcers will still be operating to full capacity "THE SHAY STADIUM IS A NO SMOKING ZONE" "CAN YELLOW TEAM LEADER PLEASE REPORT TO THE MAIN CONTROL ROOM"

I personally like the crowd noises, it gives atmosphere to an otherwise atmosphere free activity!

Plus,I'd love the job of being the sound man!

Bit more 'come on shaymen' now!

Give me some 'ooohs' 

'Goal' followed by groans, it was offside!

• Like 1

Maybe France are way ahead of us regarding covid ? But my point is they have fans inside stadium's over there and had 5k in the catalans v wigan game at the weekend. Just got to get on with it, ill social distance myself in the ground and wear a mask if need be. Cant keep putting our life's on hold.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Maybe France are way ahead of us regarding covid ? But my point is they have fans inside stadium's over there and had 5k in the catalans v wigan game at the weekend. Just got to get on with it, ill social distance myself in the ground and wear a mask if need be. Cant keep putting our life's on hold.

I wrote in a thread last week following the Clithero game, social distancing is an alien concept to what appears to most people, there was none at Clithero and moving forward I cant see that changing.

I don't think social distancing will work at football grounds in standing areas.

I went to Silsden on Saturday and everyone was just stood around as normal chatting to each other. There was an attempt in the seating area to keep people apart.

Maybe at the Shay there will be stewards to enforce the rules in the standing areas but it will be an impossible job leading to numerous arguments.

• Like 1

Guess it depends how worried you are about this covid and if you are just make sure you find space which im sure there will be plenty of. My season ticket is seating so ill be fine to socially distance although it wont be the same not sitting with friends.

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

At least you can go Grouse shooting with 30 of your toff mates. You couldn't make this s*** up. :doh:

You can also play football with your mates too. ‘Organised sport’ is still allowed so not just the ‘toffs’.

So if we arrange a large game of Slam against the back of the South Stand we will all be fine.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

It's got to be a case of people assessing their own risk and if they don't like that they don't have to be there . Those that went to Clitheroe chose to do so and set their own level of risk, they weren't forced to be there

Thats fair enough WB, but as I pointed out, I had to move several times as every time I found space it was very quickly invaded. Lets not forget either, that alcohol starts to become involved here mixed with a proportion of just plain idiots!!! I've spent 6months in self isolation due to my wifes medical issues, I want to go to the football, I've bought the ticket, I'm trying to do the right things, but other people have to get on board or its going to kill this off before it even gets started. And you only have to listen to the news and read some threads on here to see thathere are large proportions of people who simply dont give a toss.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I don't think social distancing will work at football grounds in standing areas.

I went to Silsden on Saturday and everyone was just stood around as normal chatting to each other. There was an attempt in the seating area to keep people apart.

Maybe at the Shay there will be stewards to enforce the rules in the standing areas but it will be an impossible job leading to numerous arguments.

I believe (not sure where I read it) that the south stand will be taped into segments and that there will be a number limit per segment to make sure people are spread through the whole stand so as to give the best chance of social distancing 

and at the end of the game segments will be allowed out one at a time to stop bunching on the stairs and at the gates 

if so it relies on cooperation of supporters to work 

but we will need it to work if we are to get the capacity increased 

nick 

3 hours ago, Ash said:

You can also play football with your mates too. ‘Organised sport’ is still allowed so not just the ‘toffs’.

So if we arrange a large game of Slam against the back of the South Stand we will all be fine.

Can we have British Bulldogs instead?

8 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

I wrote in a thread last week following the Clithero game, social distancing is an alien concept to what appears to most people, there was none at Clithero and moving forward I cant see that changing.

More than enough space for people to be responsible themselves, plenty chose not to and that's been the case since March, some people think they know better

2 minutes ago, Walt Jabsco said:

More than enough space for people to be responsible themselves, plenty chose not to and that's been the case since March, some people think they know better

People need to wake up mate, I know what I'm doing and I know that I have no problem adhering to the "Rules". But life is full of people who just cant, add in alcohol and everything goes out the window. As I see it, and in a way I would be happier if the situation at the Shay was changed to reflect age groups. If people in the know think that the real problem are the 20 to 30 age range then put them in the South Stand, put the 40 to 55's in one section of the East Stand and the 55 & overs in another section, I know for sure which will be the safest place to be and I'll be in it. I know this wont happen, but to me based on information given it's the perfect answer to getting us back in the Shay.

• Like 3