Jump to content

Today’s game at Guiseley


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, shaymen_x said:

Ash, quite a few of us on here remember Jacob Hanson playing well in the past. Far worse players have played for us in that period. He's not even had a look in for the past two seasons so why the hell haven't the club managed him out of the door?

It's really poor leaving these players to rot, especially when every penny counts nowadays. 

Playing well to some is that he can run fast. Positionally he isn’t great and in a game he did play last season, Pete Wild was giving him instructions several times which he ignored. It may be confidence, it may be the fact he was the only bright spark in a very dour team when he first came in.

As for Brown I do believe It is sad his time is ending like this, I like him but for whatever reason he cannot attend the training sessions required. You need the team pulling in one direction and it’s time to focus on the players that will or can train.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As was apparently the case with Kosylo, however a compromise was found to get him in training more.  I just feel this is a sad way for Brown's time at the club to come to an end. He has been a fa

Am I being dumb but there wasn’t a blonde trialist?

So.........we have signed a good young player in Senior. To be honest we seem to have a few promising young lads currently, there must be at least one future star amongst them.

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Ash said:

Playing well to some is that he can run fast. Positionally he isn’t great and in a game he did play last season, Pete Wild was giving him instructions several times which he ignored. It may be confidence, it may be the fact he was the only bright spark in a very dour team when he first came in.

As for Brown I do believe It is sad his time is ending like this, I like him but for whatever reason he cannot attend the training sessions required. You need the team pulling in one direction and it’s time to focus on the players that will or can train.

The old headless chicken syndrome!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only watched the first half so far, but looks an awful lot better than Tuesday. Nick Crane looks fantastic on the ball and I think it was Hemingway that played left back. Definitely a step in the right direction. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

The old headless chicken syndrome!

So what type of club keeps so called  headless chickens on the books for two seasons with no intention of playing them? If the players not up to standard why has the club failed to manage them out? That's my point, you can't blame the players if they don't fit the managers requirements. 

We can all argue whether he is a good player or not. Some on here are even sad to see TSS go (so we aren't all great judges of player are we?) but the club needs to run a tighter ship. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ash said:

Playing well to some is that he can run fast. Positionally he isn’t great and in a game he did play last season, Pete Wild was giving him instructions several times which he ignored. It may be confidence, it may be the fact he was the only bright spark in a very dour team when he first came in.

As for Brown I do believe It is sad his time is ending like this, I like him but for whatever reason he cannot attend the training sessions required. You need the team pulling in one direction and it’s time to focus on the players that will or can train.

It seems at the minute though we cant bring the players in required because they are still on the budget. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ash said:

Playing well to some is that he can run fast. Positionally he isn’t great and in a game he did play last season, Pete Wild was giving him instructions several times which he ignored. It may be confidence, it may be the fact he was the only bright spark in a very dour team when he first came in.

As for Brown I do believe It is sad his time is ending like this, I like him but for whatever reason he cannot attend the training sessions required. You need the team pulling in one direction and it’s time to focus on the players that will or can train.

All good and well so long as there adequately replaced Ash,  we don't currently have a RB at the club. As Hanson is getting paid and we want rid why not at least have him at training to build fitness? Maybe even give him some game time and put him in shop window,?  were currently plugging gaps with youth teamers who wont get a look in when the real stuff starts so whats the difference?

In Brown and Hanson we have 2 unfit players sat on good contracts and seemingly no takers, I dont see the point closing the door on them.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, greygoose said:

All good and well so long as there adequately replaced Ash,  we don't currently have another RB at the club. As Hanson is getting paid and we want rid why not at least have him at training to build fitness? Maybe even give him some game time and put him in shop window,?  were currently plugging gaps with youth teamers who wont get a look in when the real stuff starts so whats the difference?

In Brown and Hanson we have 2 unfit players sat on good contracts and seemingly no takers, I dont see the point closing the door on them.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wild made these comments the other day to Scargill on Brown and Hanson. “Not at the moment. There’s a couple of things spinning, but we’ll have to see if they materialise or not.” 

That suggests to me that there's definitely interest but from what i've been told our asking price is the issue with Brown. Presume it will be the same with Hanson

Edited by AJS
Link to post
Share on other sites

For me losing Brown is a massive blow. Always one of our best players.

I have concerns about the centre back positions.To be honest, I think Clark is too old now. And without Matty Brown by his side, Clark often looked poor last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please remember that Brown and Hanson are a transaction between Unknown FC and FCHT and then a transaction between said players and their potential new employer.

PW as our manager has unfortunately had to concede that Brown can no longer play for us on our new contract of employment and in the case of Hanson , for whatever reason,no longer wants him in the building.

Why then would either party wish to currently play for FCHT as the risk of injury would be a problem for both parties.

I am sure there are many conversations going on with prospective employers for B & H and ultimately deals will be done.

They are the past , thank them for their contribution and move on.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what sort of money town will be asking for Brown, but it seems to me that at 30yrs old and playing at this level it's not going to be a fortune. He must be one of the big wages within Town, so wouldnt it make more sense to just cancel his contract and let him go. I his 5yrs at the club he's given great service and it just doesnt make sense ruin what has been a great relationship. As Town are contractually obliged to pay him, every wage they do pay him lessens the amount of money that they are seeking!! Unless we are talking a big fee then Town need to bite the bullet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The situation with Hanson is slightly different than Brownys, if he is under contract to Town then he has to do whatever is required of him that falls within the terms of the said contract. It sounds as though the lad has some kind of unresolvable issue, therefore if he is refusing to train he is in breach of the contract and should have the necessary action taken against him. I certainly would not accept him not attending training for fear of getting injured etc, what if he gets injured trialing for another club, we will end up footing the bill!!! I would be more inclined to do a Cloughie and make him go and train with the youth team and just run his contract down. Bolax to him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, oldskir said:

For me losing Brown is a massive blow. Always one of our best players.

I have concerns about the centre back positions.To be honest, I think Clark is too old now. And without Matty Brown by his side, Clark often looked poor last season.

Disagree

In my opinion Brown last season looked slow (maybe because of injuries) Clarke positional play and organisational ability is far superior to Brown. Having said that the current situation with Brown needs resolving amicably

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of assumptions here. We don’t know what is in either of their contracts so the sticking points may be of the clubs making not the individuals. 
If they have signed contracts saying they train three days a week and the club want to up it to four they can refuse. The club either accept the status quo or make them redundant- the latter would be paying up the contracts.

Whatever, anyone in their right mind can see it needs resolving for the sake of everyone involved 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the game on Guiseleys Youtube. Certainly a better performance than the Clitheroe game but i have some concerns. There seems to be too much reliance on scoring on the counter just like last season. If we are going to stick with the wing backs we need to tweak the playstyle a bit for me.

The wing backs don't push up enough for my liking and we can't seem to get the attacking midfielder into the game. Seems to be a lot of backwards and sideways passing amongst the back three followed by a long ball down the channels. Hyde might as well not be on the pitch if we are going to play like that. He's clearly a poacher but he's getting no service.

Next friendly i'd like to see us try a winger formation personally. You've got 3 wing options in Allen, Tear and RNL and even Stenson can play on the wing. I'd like to see us play with a bit more flair and get some crosses into the box for Hyde to get the best out of him.

Don't want to be too critcal as it wasn't a bad performance by any means. However, we do seem very one dimensional and we'll get quickly figured out like we did towards the end of last season. it's only pre-season so i won't read into it too much but there's still definitely work to be done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AJS said:

Just watched the game on Guiseleys Youtube. Certainly a better performance than the Clitheroe game but i have some concerns. There seems to be too much reliance on scoring on the counter just like last season. If we are going to stick with the wing backs we need to tweak the playstyle a bit for me.

The wing backs don't push up enough for my liking and we can't seem to get the attacking midfielder into the game. Seems to be a lot of backwards and sideways passing amongst the back three followed by a long ball down the channels. Hyde might as well not be on the pitch if we are going to play like that. He's clearly a poacher but he's getting no service.

Next friendly i'd like to see us try a winger formation personally. You've got 3 wing options in Allen, Tear and RNL and even Stenson can play on the wing. I'd like to see us play with a bit more flair and get some crosses into the box for Hyde to get the best out of him.

Don't want to be too critcal as it wasn't a bad performance by any means. However, we do seem very one dimensional and we'll get quickly figured out like we did towards the end of last season. it's only pre-season so i won't read into it too much but there's still definitely work to be done.

Yeh, dont worry, its only the second time the team have played together in a sort of competitive way, have we got four more pre season matches to play? I think in the last two you may see what Wild thinks is the best team. We shall see.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

“ He must be one of the big wages within Town, so wouldnt it make more sense to just cancel his contract and let him go.”

 As Town are contractually obliged to pay him, every wage they do pay him lessens the amount of money that they are seeking!!

 

Unless we are talking a big fee then Town need to bite the bullet.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying .. 

to me if town are cancel his contract .. then unless there is a clause saying otherwise ..it means we have to pay him all the money outstanding on his contract as a lump sum..

so it makes sense to pay him his monthly wage until another club offers him a contract that he is prepared to accept .. 

this not about the club getting a fee it’s about another club “taking over” his current contract ... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Nick said:

I am not sure I understand what you are saying .. 

to me if town are cancel his contract .. then unless there is a clause saying otherwise ..it means we have to pay him all the money outstanding on his contract as a lump sum..

so it makes sense to pay him his monthly wage until another club offers him a contract that he is prepared to accept .. 

this not about the club getting a fee it’s about another club “taking over” his current contract ... 

I'm mistaken then in thinking that Town were after a fee, but that said, he cant refuse to train under the terms of his current contract, or carry out any other club related duties as required. And if there are problems getting him out of the club then I'm not sure I understand PW's logic, Brown may not figure in the long term but as we are paying him the get him out on the pitch or at least on the bench. As it is the club are wasting money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldskir said:

For me losing Brown is a massive blow. Always one of our best players.

I have concerns about the centre back positions.To be honest, I think Clark is too old now. And without Matty Brown by his side, Clark often looked poor last season.

Clarke is better than Brown, postionally and his reading of the game is better. Put him with Maher and Bradbury and you have a pretty decent back 3

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I'm mistaken then in thinking that Town were after a fee, but that said, he cant refuse to train under the terms of his current contract, or carry out any other club related duties as required. And if there are problems getting him out of the club then I'm not sure I understand PW's logic, Brown may not figure in the long term but as we are paying him the get him out on the pitch or at least on the bench. As it is the club are wasting money.

Agreed

getting a fit player transferred is easier than an unfit player 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nick said:

Agreed

getting a fit player transferred is easier than an unfit player 

I've just watched the highlights on the Guiseley Youtube thingmajiggy, and our defense looked atrocious in both halves. The defense where we conceded the goal was shocking and Big Sam didnt cover himself in glory either!! Looks like Maher might be our new Captain as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fullerton allegedly thought Clarke was finished 15 months ago, due to  his age. But then,what do he and I know?

Nathan is a player I liked a lot in his first season with us, and he is a fantastic dedicated pro. But I did feel he looked shaky in several games toward the end of last season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I've just watched the highlights on the Guiseley Youtube thingmajiggy, and our defense looked atrocious in both halves. The defense where we conceded the goal was shocking and Big Sam didnt cover himself in glory either!! Looks like Maher might be our new Captain as well. 

Don't be saying that Tommy..They will shoot you down..its only a Training exercise and can't break into a sweat..But i agree with ya..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...