Today’s game at Guiseley

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As was apparently the case with Kosylo, however a compromise was found to get him in training more.  I just feel this is a sad way for Brown's time at the club to come to an end. He has been a fa

Am I being dumb but there wasn’t a blonde trialist?

So.........we have signed a good young player in Senior. To be honest we seem to have a few promising young lads currently, there must be at least one future star amongst them.

Posted Images

These are the names of the Youth team lads who played for Town in the WRCC last season, they didnt play full game but all had a lot of minutes on the pitch:- Zak Taylor - Matt Rowson - Nick Crane - Patrick Grooms - Massimo Ciccerelli - Jay Benn - J, Taylor. I though all of them acquitted themselves really well, and the fact Jay Benn has since been give a contract is great for Town moving forward. So it's great to see some of these young lads getting game time today. The name I havent seen today though is Matt Rowson, he looked excellent on the night and scored a really good goal. I hope he hasnt moved on!! There was a point last season when we werent scoring goals and I remember writing on these threads that I thought he could have been given a chance, brought him off the bench for 20 mins, so I hope he's still around.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Ash said:

Matty Brown has refused to train

Is this fact or rumour?

If it is fact then if he isn't in the clubs plans and they want rid, surely they can stop paying him and let him go for breech of contract?

I don't get how someone like Brown can go from being the club captain and pretty much displaying everything outwardly that as fans we want to see, to pretty much becoming a dead weight and a trouble maker. From all my interactions with Brown over the years he has never come across as the type of person that would be upsetting the apple cart. 

12 minutes ago, Flea said:

Is this fact or rumour?

If it is fact then if he isn't in the clubs plans and they want rid, surely they can stop paying him and let him go for breech of contract?

I don't get how someone like Brown can go from being the club captain and pretty much displaying everything outwardly that as fans we want to see, to pretty much becoming a dead weight and a trouble maker. From all my interactions with Brown over the years he has never come across as the type of person that would be upsetting the apple cart. 

Won’t go the extra mile and attend the extra days training according to Wild several times now.

2 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Depends on what his circumstances are. Could very easily be a case of other commitments meaning he isn't able to turn up rather than outright refusing to

Yes, I think that's more than likely the case.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ash said:

Matty Brown has refused to train, Jacob Hanson isn’t as good as you all think, 3rd choice right back last year and at least second choice this. 

Ash, quite a few of us on here remember Jacob Hanson playing well in the past. Far worse players have played for us in that period. He's not even had a look in for the past two seasons so why the hell haven't the club managed him out of the door?

It's really poor leaving these players to rot, especially when every penny counts nowadays. 

I listened to the match in that Guiseley radio, I'm not going to be awful about the 2 lads commentating but they were clearly amateurs and I didn't have a clue what was going on in play so can't gauge whether we played good or not!  

However it's extra minutes, fitness, cofidence and it was pleasing to know we scored from a corner. We were a smaller less physical team last season and we've added that heighthe and power this summer.  

The commentary did say we were playing games some nice passes from the back and I think Allen's goal came from a ball over the top so I feel pleased we have mixed up our play. Let's not get carried away though, it's only 1 win!!! Happy though.  

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I listened to the match in that Guiseley radio, I'm not going to be awful about the 2 lads commentating but they were clearly amateurs and I didn't have a clue what was going on in play so can't gauge whether we played good or not!  

However it's extra minutes, fitness, cofidence and it was pleasing to know we scored from a corner. We were a smaller less physical team last season and we've added that heighthe and power this summer.  

The commentary did say we were playing games some nice passes from the back and I think Allen's goal came from a ball over the top so I feel pleased we have mixed up our play. Let's not get carried away though, it's only 1 win!!! Happy though.  

Just shows Gerrit Forrad has it's place;)

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

And apparently was as even the non center forward center forward Allan managed to score from a punt upfield.

Yeah I've seen the goal on our twItter page. Seems a defensive mistake but we forced him into that abd fair play to Allen gambling on him doing so. 

4 hours ago, Lewis said:

Depends on what his circumstances are. Could very easily be a case of other commitments meaning he isn't able to turn up rather than outright refusing to

I’m sure we’ve had mixed full-time and part-time squads in the past. It seems Wild has a fixed idea of where he wants to go, and it’s his way or the highway, which will be fine if it works. I’ve yet to see anything to put him in the ‘messiah’ category which many on here have done, nice guy yes, but tactically naive and so far incapable of changing a gameplan once a ball is kicked.

Being intransigent has bitten many people in the arse. Surely better to keep the two outcasts involved and fit ‘ just in case’ when you don’t have a big squad - you will struggle to even loan out an unfit porker so we are stuck paying dead money which we can’t afford?

Stupid.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Angus said:

I’m sure we’ve had mixed full-time and part-time squads in the past. It seems Wild has a fixed idea of where he wants to go, and it’s his way or the highway, which will be fine if it works. I’ve yet to see anything to put him in the ‘messiah’ category which many on here have done, nice guy yes, but tactically naive and so far incapable of changing a gameplan once a ball is kicked.

Being intransigent has bitten many people in the arse. Surely better to keep the two outcasts involved and fit ‘ just in case’ when you don’t have a big squad - you will struggle to even loan out an unfit porker so we are stuck paying dead money which we can’t afford?

Stupid.

I would expect that Browny is a big influence around the club, in the dressing room etc. He was club captain after all. Great when he is with you on side, not so great when he isn’t.

In normal workplaces sometimes managers or supervisors are put on gardening leave and this is the footballing equivalent.. Browny would be a fool to himself if he isn’t training somewhere, but I can’t see anything wrong with putting him on gardening leave to avoid risking dressing room dissent.

With regard to no plan b when games are not going well under plan a. I agree with you there. I am hoping that he will have a stronger subs bench with players capable of changing games, and maybe PW will be a little more courageous in his mid game changes.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Flea said:

As was apparently the case with Kosylo, however a compromise was found to get him in training more. 

I just feel this is a sad way for Brown's time at the club to come to an end. He has been a fantastic servant to us for years and hope that his time here isn't tainted by potentially incorrect assumptions about him. 

It is rather sad no doubt. Always gave his all and spoke well and always polite and professional about the club. However, PW is trying to build a culture and you can't have one or two players potentially spoiling that by seemingly pulling in another direction. I think people are underestimating the importance of culture in building a successful side. Having one or two players hanging around that will not be part of the squad going forward or having a couple of players who are not doing what the rest are is certainly counter to building a strong culture. If you haven't watched Sean Dyche's talk on culture on Youtube it is worth a watch. 

2 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

I would expect that Browny is a big influence around the club, in the dressing room etc. He was club captain after all. Great when he is with you on side, not so great when he isn’t.

In normal workplaces sometimes managers or supervisors are put on gardening leave and this is the footballing equivalent.. Browny would be a fool to himself if he isn’t training somewhere, but I can’t see anything wrong with putting him on gardening leave to avoid risking dressing room dissent.

With regard to no plan b when games are not going well under plan a. I agree with you there. I am hoping that he will have a stronger subs bench with players capable of changing games, and maybe PW will be a little more courageous in his mid game changes.

I just don’t buy the idea that Brown is a problem player or has a bad attitude. Every single interaction, his conduct on and off the pitch and the murmurings you hear from past and present players all go to back his character up. Simply if his attitude was the problem why has he for so many years been captain and played almost every game? 

I struggle to understand how we can say someone who has pretty much played every minute of every game when fit, and has been club captain for a few seasons is suddenly surplus to requirements and such a problem that he is out in the cold straight away. It isn’t like we are talking about a player who is hot and cold on form either. In the CB position he is a starter for this club. 

If it is down to logistics with training and the likes then surely there is wiggle room to sort something out with a player who has been consistent and solid for us for years. Even more so when his replacement at the moment appears to be a kid from the youth team. 

Loyalty works both ways with players and clubs. So many rats deserted a sinking ship when we got relegated. The likes of Peniket and Brown stayed to put it right. Now it appears we have a contracted player who has been such a huge important figure for us for years being told he isn’t needed and can’t even feature in pre-season, when we don’t even have a fully built squad. 

I’m a big fan of PW and I really want to see him do well. However, I don’t understand or get this Brown issue at all and do have to question if PW’s approach here is the correct one.

• Like 2

As the first half went on good to see the likes of Bradbury, Woods & Summerfield getting into the game plus I can´t see Green disappointing  also none of the kids did themselves any harm and have to mention Allen held the player off to score his goal last season he would probably have gone down. Could not tell too much from second half as that´s cut short but all in all bits of nice football in between. Onwards and upwards.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

As the first half went on good to see the likes of Bradbury, Woods & Summerfield getting into the game plus I can´t see Green disappointing  also none of the kids did themselves any harm and have to mention Allen held the player off to score his goal last season he would probably have gone down. Could not tell too much from second half as that´s cut short but all in all bits of nice football in between. Onwards and upwards.

agree, not bad for second pre season friendly!