Braintree v Kings Lynn

4 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Just read that Lincoln United have been forced to withdraw from the FA Cup, after several members of the team tested positive, and the FA wouldn't agree to a postponement given the tight scheduling.

You'd have thought the FA would have included that possibility in their plans . Imagine if the same scenario arises at the semi final stage .

There have been numerous cases already of teams having to forfeit their FA Cup games due to CV-19.

I just hope the New Salami's make it through the prelim rounds and we get to play them at the Shay in either the FA Cup or FA Vase

2 hours ago, Roy Race said:

I know football is a very crazy business but that is a stretch even for footers.

Agreed, but it could be possible for them to progress somewhat further by default instead of having to beat their opponents in the early stages. It looks to me that clubs from Step 3 down do not have the financial where with all to be able to cope with the increased costs for testing and complying fully with the CV-19 protocols, where as "professional" clubs would, one hopes, be better prepared. So, as the competitions progress it will become a case of those who can afford it will be less at risk. 

8 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Agreed, but it could be possible for them to progress somewhat further by default instead of having to beat their opponents in the early stages. It looks to me that clubs from Step 3 down do not have the financial where with all to be able to cope with the increased costs for testing and complying fully with the CV-19 protocols, where as "professional" clubs would, one hopes, be better prepared. So, as the competitions progress it will become a case of those who can afford it will be less at risk. 

Art imitates life

• Like 2
On 9/10/2020 at 11:27 PM, Wilder Bollox said:

You'd have thought the FA would have included that possibility in their plans . Imagine if the same scenario arises at the semi final stage .

Hmmm, am sure if it had been Man United rather than Lincoln United the outcome would have been the same!

On 9/10/2020 at 11:21 PM, Hoddie said:

Just read that Lincoln United have been forced to withdraw from the FA Cup, after several members of the team tested positive, and the FA wouldn't agree to a postponement given the tight scheduling.

So where's everybody picking it up from if everyone's following Government guidelines? Mmm.

46 minutes ago, Grayski said:

Am I right in thinking that if we all adhere to social distancing then less folk will catch the flu this Winter....

Very probably!! It makes sense doesnt it? All viral infections rely on closeness of people in order to spread. Thats why offices, schools and general workplaces are the big problems with any virus.

• Like 1