Going to get shot down here but I just want wild to get on with managing we had enough of Fullerton waffling on .i just think he talks too much and puts himself on a pedestal.Town fans are well known to soon knock them down when the going gets tough and he has yet to get that (he will ) this is his team now so he stands or falls by it.he said we are the lowest payers but have attracted some very good players. Then after losing on Tuesday he was saying other team had spent a lot of money..? Not true. Hope we are not going to get that sort of comment every time we lose. Yes I like him and yes he did well last year but he will be judged on what we do this year. I get it’s good the manager interacts with the fans but I just thinks he goes too much into detail football is easy to understand we don’t need to listen his man managing skills let the players do the talking on the pitch. 

Shoots.... bang.

I think it's great the manager speaks to the supporters, and explains his reasoning and his thoughts. We can agree or not, but it's hard to know what he thinks unless he tells us.

You're right of course, ultimately the players have to do it on the pitch. They might, they might not, but the result of the first pre-season friendly tells us nothing. Victories breed a winning mentality. But they can also result in over-confidence and a lackadaisical attitude. If they win when it matters then PW could sing from the rooftops or keep his trap shut, either way we'd probably be happy. Hell, if JF's team had won a bit more often, most of us would probably have put up with his clap trap quite happily.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I guess if somebody sticks a microphone in front of you you've got to say something even if it's the biggest load of crap you've ever said

A bit like a certain President of the USA.......

31 minutes ago, thevicar said:

Going to get shot down here but I just want wild to get on with managing we had enough of Fullerton waffling on .i just think he talks too much and puts himself on a pedestal.Town fans are well known to soon knock them down when the going gets tough and he has yet to get that (he will ) this is his team now so he stands or falls by it.he said we are the lowest payers but have attracted some very good players. Then after losing on Tuesday he was saying other team had spent a lot of money..? Not true. Hope we are not going to get that sort of comment every time we lose. Yes I like him and yes he did well last year but he will be judged on what we do this year. I get it’s good the manager interacts with the fans but I just thinks he goes too much into detail football is easy to understand we don’t need to listen his man managing skills let the players do the talking on the pitch. 

YAWN....YAWN.....and thrice YAWN !

33 minutes ago, thevicar said:

TUT!

39 minutes ago, thevicar said:

boo...hisss...he's behind you

11 minutes ago, Flea said:

Are we sharpening the pitch forks for Wild already after one pre-season game then?

Granted it’s 1 game more than Heath got after he got us promoted, but even still...

But pre season games are sooooo important dont you know!

• Like 1

Well I’m not sharpening the pitch fork i just think he goes on and he is putting himself up to be shot at think he needs to curb his ego a bit. I wish him nothing but the best I just think it might be harder this year then he thinks . We will see.

Well it’s not like a member of the clergy to be out of touch is it vicar?!

Collectively I’d say the message to the club over the last few years has been that communication needs to improve. And it has done markedly. Social media and extensive interviews help to build on the affinity we already have. Everything is driven by information now - hell it may have gone a bit too far when Premier League managers are required to give media interviews almost as soon as a match is over, but the fact is ‘we’ are interested, we want to know stuff! 
If there’s one thing I don’t think that can be levelled at PW it’s that he’s full of excuses. For me he’s quite straight forward and honest and fully accepts when he’s got tactics wrong and doesn’t try to claim we’ve played well when we clearly haven’t. 
I was there on Monday and yes I hope and fully expect our play to improve.

So I think you are being unnecessarily harsh in criticising him for talking.

Perhaps you should stick to religion sir, and if you think we need it, pray for FCHT!

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Luckybounce1 said:

Well it’s not like a member of the clergy to be out of touch is it vicar?!

Collectively I’d say the message to the club over the last few years has been that communication needs to improve. And it has done markedly. Social media and extensive interviews help to build on the affinity we already have. Everything is driven by information now - hell it may have gone a bit too far when Premier League managers are required to give media interviews almost as soon as a match is over, but the fact is ‘we’ are interested, we want to know stuff! 
If there’s one thing I don’t think that can be levelled at PW it’s that he’s full of excuses. For me he’s quite straight forward and honest and fully accepts when he’s got tactics wrong and doesn’t try to claim we’ve played well when we clearly haven’t. 
I was there on Monday and yes I hope and fully expect our play to improve.

So I think you are being unnecessarily harsh in criticising him for talking.

Perhaps you should stick to religion sir, and if you think we need it, pray for FCHT!

2 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Based on the current uproar regarding the observing of International Law, then Boris is catching up with the Donald  

Gina Miller has proved in the outcome from her court case where she tried to scupper Brexit that actually the Government have broken no laws. Try looking at the actual evidence rather than listening to the crap coming from a Remain supporting media. 

image.thumb.png.a94b215798ca3eca28cf7a83f3bb8606.png

Edited by JRW
8 minutes ago, JRW said:

Gina Miller has proved in the outcome from her court case where she tried to scupper Brexit that actually the Government have broken no laws. Try looking at the actual evidence rather than listening to the crap coming from a Remain supporting media. 

Trouble is, this is about international law, not domestic.

Feels like Town managers can't win when it comes to this sort of thing.

Fullarton absolutely despised doing the media side of things and made no attempt to hide it - and as a result came across as incredibly negative and overly repetitive in his interviews which resulted in that negative feeling weighing over the club and made him so unlikeable and easier to want to get rid of (not that his football helped).

Wild on the other hand has infectious enthusiasm for the club, whether that be in the passion he shows on the touchline or what he says about the club in interviews and I can attest to that not being some kind of PR job having met him away from the club so that he could help me with a uni assignment. To put it bluntly, he's a very likeable bloke and that's going to help win him favours with supporters when the going gets tough. If you think he talks too much, fine, but he probably does only just above the average amount of media work so it's likely to be the same regardless of the manager.

Two very different managers when it comes to how they handle what they're saying, so I'm not sure where this idea that Wild is falling into the same traps as Fullarton has come from?

Not sure where the idea that he puts himself on a pedestal comes from either when he's said he knows that there's areas that he can still improve on, He has belief in himself for sure, but you have to in management.

Edited by Lewis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, thevicar said:

You have your opinion I have mine . Hope you enjoyed your rant don’t see way you threw religion into the mix I was simply saying what I thought we will see how the season goes . Do I not have a opinion because I wear a collar.you of little faith dare I say.”

29 minutes ago, JRW said:

I was basing my observation on the comment made by one of his own cabinet members who stood up in the House of Commons add said they would be breaking International Law, not on anything in the Remain supporting media.

Apart from that it is bad form in my book to sign an agreement in good faith with another party, and then try to wheedle out of what you have agreed to. Not what one would expect from a British government.

• Like 1

Everyones entitled to their own opinion, however i think PW does a good job. He has helped bring the fans closer to the club, involved us more and explained issues a lot better.

Communication has previously been a major factor. This has changed considerably for the better.

The media team will interview him after every event, there will be cliches and soundbites its the same for all managers. 

• Like 4