I know a lot was written in various threads following Tuesdays undeniably huge loss (tongue in cheek) at Jimmys place, some a bit harsh, and maybe I was one of those who was critical without going overboard as some did!! But I dont think we can get away from how big a season this is for the club. All points considered, we have to do well this time with no excuses from PW for poor performances once the season kicks off, if it ever does? The players he's brought in are now "his" players, the ones retained are players he thinks fit his profile, and having made the play offs last season we have every right to think we should eclipse that this time round. There are people who write in these threads who seem to know their players very well, and when PW has recruited our new crop, these contributors have been very upbeat about our new boys, I didnt really see any negative comments about any of them. So I did find it strange after Tuesday that some of those same people were saying how lightweight we looked on Tuesday. But either way, this is a big season and I'm not really surprised that PW was looking sheepish the other night, he's never been in this position before, lets see how he copes with the pressure and the full weight of the very fickle FCHT fans.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guiseley lost 2-0 to Nuneaton last Saturday. Anything less than a comfortable win and it’s #WildOut 

Charlie Rich ?

I hope its gonna be live streamed 

10 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Simple question really, PW says he wants 3 more players, sub Keeper (waste of money IMO)- RB - CB, so why are giving trials to a MF player (who I thought was the best triallist) and a forward?

I've said my piece on the goalkeeper situation on many occasions, waste of money. Although, and I dont believe I'm saying this, the young lad the other night gave me more confidence than the young lad we had last season. The other positions, I'm not sure about, I'll leave that to the powers that be.

On 9/10/2020 at 12:35 PM, vinnyweknuts said:

i was going to suggest there are plenty of vantage all you need is a car with a sun roof!

We need to social distance though..take our own beer jobs a goodun..Might even go to Harry's if its open

I apologise for saying we was poor.. I probably won't be able to watch the full game tmoz.like i was on Tuesday..So will be relying on Twitter..unless i can get a radio link.. It's not the same though  you wanna be watching..So i won't be able to decide how we played..I just hope and pray we can kick on..It will be gizleys cup final so they will be up for it..So i wish each and everyone of them all the best and stuff em Good Luck Shaymen Onwards  And Upwards @ FCHALIFAXTOWN 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Simple question really, PW says he wants 3 more players, sub Keeper (waste of money IMO)- RB - CB, so why are giving trials to a MF player (who I thought was the best triallist) and a forward?

Because we only have 2 strikers. I hope he doesnt think that forward line is complete.

14 minutes ago, FCHT15 said:

I apologise for saying we was poor.. I probably won't be able to watch the full game tmoz.like i was on Tuesday..So will be relying on Twitter..unless i can get a radio link.. It's not the same though  you wanna be watching..So i won't be able to decide how we played..I just hope and pray we can kick on..It will be gizleys cup final so they will be up for it..So i wish each and everyone of them all the best and stuff em Good Luck Shaymen Onwards  And Upwards @ FCHALIFAXTOWN 

Don’t apologise for saying we were poor because, let’s be honest, we were. It was a pretty hard watch at times but I understand pre season essentially means f*ck all except for gaining fitness and gelling. My only criticism was the clear decision that 5-3-2 is the formation we want to use this season which I’ve said countless times that we don’t have the players to play it. Despite that I’m still putting my trust in wild to get it right, he’s the best manager we’ve had post Aspin imo.

• Like 1

I expect more of the same tomorrow,  maybe the sides juggled around a bit, seeing who works with who, what positions suit each player. They will all be playing to instructions from Wild, wether we win or not isnt the point, these games are for our manager to watch and asses who he thinks are the best players to select for actual competitive games.

One thing I did notice on Tuesday was the amount of play on the ground! I usually get neck ache from looking up!

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

I expect more of the same tomorrow,  maybe the sides juggled around a bit, seeing who works with who, what positions suit each player. They will all be playing to instructions from Wild, wether we win or not isnt the point, these games are for our manager to watch and asses who he thinks are the best players to select for actual competitive games.

One thing I did notice on Tuesday was the amount of play on the ground! I usually get neck ache from looking up!

Yeah I did notice we were trying to play on the ground more. But our fans tend to not like that style of play. Dont have the patience and just want us to gerrit forad 

2 hours ago, Benfcht said:

Don’t apologise for saying we were poor because, let’s be honest, we were. It was a pretty hard watch at times but I understand pre season essentially means f*ck all except for gaining fitness and gelling. My only criticism was the clear decision that 5-3-2 is the formation we want to use this season which I’ve said countless times that we don’t have the players to play it. Despite that I’m still putting my trust in wild to get it right, he’s the best manager we’ve had post Aspin imo.

Friggin hell BenFCHT I've had nothing but grief over it..Yes like ya say it doesn't suit us that tactic.I like Wilde myself and praying it's not just lip service..It's them 1 minute bloody clips that got me going and expected more..But them clips from previous signings made them look good and when it really mattered they was woeful..Thanks for your positive post Ben have a great weekend and let's hope ee can smas gizley all the best Keith 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Let's hope they can manage to break a sweat EH 

3 hours ago, FCHT15 said:

We need to social distance though..take our own beer jobs a goodun..Might even go to Harry's if its open

It is has changed hands, it belongs to the Wetherby Whaler group now.

38 minutes ago, FCHT15 said:

It was tongue in cheek mate 

No problem, the standard of the fish and chips had been poor for some time, they were living on their reputation only. The lad who is the head fryer for the Whalers as a group was brought up in the fish and chip trade, as his family have owned our village chippy for over 50 years. So if anyone does go then I would expect the food to be of a good standard 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, ITMAN said:

No problem, the standard of the fish and chips had been poor for some time, they were living on their reputation only. The lad who is the head fryer for the Whalers as a group was brought up in the fish and chip trade, as his family have owned our village chippy for over 50 years. So if anyone does go then I would expect the food to be of a good standard 

So i heard very expensive too.. You can't beat a good fish..Let's hope it's much better than the francise before 

23 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Another harder question how do you edit with new forum, as I missed the we out. (why are we)

I think the edit option has been shifted into the small menu on every post (the three dots).