Social Distancing - My A--E

Last night proved one thing to me, people dont apparently know the meaning of the term Social Distancing. And I'm going to have to think very carefully before I go to another one of these "friendlies". I would suggest that from a crowd point of view that the game was a shambles with people just milling around in their own usual way as if there is no threat. There was no marshaling  by any stewards  and that suggests that Clithero were either ill prepared or just dont have the capacity to manage such an event. I moved several times last night in order to try get to a safe space only to be "invaded" and had one area that I moved into where a gang of Clithero lads were drinking and smoking, and I ended up having clouds of smoke billowing around me for most of the second half. I thought smoking was banned in football grounds/public areas like sports grounds?? Going into the ground and exiting the ground there was no distancing whatsoever, I'm not sure what the point was of pointing the radar gun at my head as I went through the gate on entry because there after it was pointless. Unless issues like these can be addressed then the return of the game is not going to last beyond a few weeks at best.

• Like 2

You just summed up why the South and East stands are given a 1000 capacity .. how people behave at games will have a big impact on how quickly our capacity is increased 

but you can bet things will be better organised at the shay .. but supporters will need to follow the rules ..

1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

Last night proved one thing to me, people dont apparently know the meaning of the term Social Distancing. And I'm going to have to think very carefully before I go to another one of these "friendlies". I would suggest that from a crowd point of view that the game was a shambles with people just milling around in their own usual way as if there is no threat. There was no marshaling  by any stewards  and that suggests that Clithero were either ill prepared or just dont have the capacity to manage such an event. I moved several times last night in order to try get to a safe space only to be "invaded" and had one area that I moved into where a gang of Clithero lads were drinking and smoking, and I ended up having clouds of smoke billowing around me for most of the second half. I thought smoking was banned in football grounds/public areas like sports grounds?? Going into the ground and exiting the ground there was no distancing whatsoever, I'm not sure what the point was of pointing the radar gun at my head as I went through the gate on entry because there after it was pointless. Unless issues like these can be addressed then the return of the game is not going to last beyond a few weeks at best.

Not sure how you struggled to find space to be honest? Me and my lad stood against the concrete barrier in the first half where we were shooting with nobody near us and in the second half swapped ends and again had nobody within 2 metres of us... but at least you've started another thread up to let your feelings be known about something 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

Not sure how you struggled to find space to be honest? Me and my lad stood against the concrete barrier in the first half where we were shooting with nobody near us and in the second half swapped ends and again had nobody within 2 metres of us... but at least you've started another thread up to let your feelings be known about something 

Isn’t that the point of a forum for people to express their feelings about subjects related to the football club and football in general? Would be a pointless endeavour if nobody posted about how they felt on a subject related to the club.

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

I don't want to narrow it down to just Isolated instances HM. I moved several times, I spotted a clear space and swooped on it, only to have people crowd in on me, I'm trying to point out that generally last night Social Distancing wasn't being adhered to, and if your being honest, think about what you were witnessing and you would have to agree. Getting in and out of the ground was the usual hustle of people shoulder to shoulder. Not one face mask in view anywhere. My concern is that if this is going to be the way things are then it will all be over before November. I fully expect the Shay to be far better, and it will need to be, but last night proved that clubs like Clithero are not capable of hosting events like last night. No marshals, people smoking, and sadly some Clithero lads were using racial tones that in the present climate left me queazy.

1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

I don't want to narrow it down to just Isolated instances HM. I moved several times, I spotted a clear space and swooped on it, only to have people crowd in on me, I'm trying to point out that generally last night Social Distancing wasn't being adhered to, and if your being honest, think about what you were witnessing and you would have to agree. Getting in and out of the ground was the usual hustle of people shoulder to shoulder. Not one face mask in view anywhere. My concern is that if this is going to be the way things are then it will all be over before November. I fully expect the Shay to be far better, and it will need to be, but last night proved that clubs like Clithero are not capable of hosting events like last night. No marshals, people smoking, and sadly some Clithero lads were using racial tones that in the present climate left me queazy.

Tommy maybe they mistook you for a local celebrity or something. Do you by any chance bear a passing resemblance to anyone famous:D  

One way forward maybe is to enforce face Coverings in areas where you are in close proximity to others. For example leaving the stadium. Toilets etc. 

The other alternative for us at the Shay is. You leave the stadium one quarter of it at a time. To limit things that way. 

Dreading 4pm though to see what Boris says. The season could well be delayed as of then. How things would work when it starts after that is anyones guess

Cambridge played a game with fans last night in the cup. Fans were all wearing masks. Maybe that is the way forward to get the games started again. It'll feel weird. But I'd rather wear one if it meant we could go watch. 

• Like 1

The whole thing is ridiculously confusing.

My mom is supposedly vulnerable if for no other reason than her age. She's on the official list, gets priority for supermarket deliveries, etc., and is required to be extremely careful, not having people visit her at home who are outside her bubble, all that malarkey. She lives with my niece - who has been encouraged to return to work, go out and eat in restaurants, go to pubs, and go back to university. She has to wear a mask on public transport and should wear it at all times if possible. Unless you're on a pre-determined list of exemptions, for which there's no official card as such, and you can carry a doctor's note (that costs £25) but you don't have to, and if you do, it has no legal force. If a copper pulls you for not wearing one, you can be issued with a fixed-penalty charge, which - if you're not required to wear one - you can refuse and accept a day in court, where you can present whatever evidence you have of your qualified exemption. Except that the exemption list is only loosely defined in law, so going to court risks an unlimited fine and jail. Or is that the most recent legislation? It really does call into question if anyone's actually being realistic when coming up with all these rules and regulations.

Spot hoddie guy got pulled of an easy jet flight in Jersey he had some sort of letter but captain wouldn't  accept  it. 

Captain was actually in the wrong and easy jet have now apologised. 

Other passagers on the flight cheered when he was taken off they obviously captain was right.