Town v Clitheroe ..Today

Squad getting to know each other, a few trialists, friendlies are about fitness, results don’t matter...............  

.......but that was absolute dross. The best team won, I think Clitheroe will do well this season.

The highlight of tonight was visiting Jimmy Clitheroe’s birthplace.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First outing for us. Potential big scalp for them. Wonder how we lost? I'd like Town to win every game and I'm one of those daft sods who really enjoys going to clubs like Clitheroe in pre-season, but

Not far behind us? Thats like us saying were nor far behind teams in the Championship. I think your overreacting, it was just friendly and the 1st of quite a few at that. If were still off the pa

If you listen to all Dave Lynch interviews. “Winning mentality, winning mentality” I don’t buy into this “its only preseason” bullshit. As a striker playing against opposition like Clitheroe, you shou

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Stasi Pants said:

Squad getting to know each other, a few trialists, friendlies are about fitness, results don’t matter...............  

.......but that was absolute dross. The best team won, I think Clitheroe will do well this season.

The highlight of tonight was visiting Jimmy Clitheroe’s birthplace.

Where was that shawbridge toilets?

• Like 1

If you listen to all Dave Lynch interviews. “Winning mentality, winning mentality” I don’t buy into this “its only preseason” bullshit. As a striker playing against opposition like Clitheroe, you should be looking to get a bag full. We’ve signed wingers? Tell me once in 90mins when we’ve gone down the sides and beaten them? Not once!!! It was tippy tappy hoofball. 3-4 passes then lump it long. Preseason or not. We should be knocking 4-5-6 past them. If that’s the way he wants to play this season. I want a refund on my season ticket 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

If you listen to all Dave Lynch interviews. “Winning mentality, winning mentality” I don’t buy into this “its only preseason” bullshit. As a striker playing against opposition like Clitheroe, you should be looking to get a bag full. We’ve signed wingers? Tell me once in 90mins when we’ve gone down the sides and beaten them? Not once!!! It was tippy tappy hoofball. 3-4 passes then lump it long. Preseason or not. We should be knocking 4-5-6 past them. If that’s the way he wants to play this season. I want a refund on my season ticket 

I agree you should go out with the full intention of winning no matter what the opposition or competition.

7 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

We have 2 wingers. One of them didn't play and the other one keeps getting confused for a centre forward for some reason only Wild knows 

5 minutes ago, Greggs said:

We have 2 wingers. One of them didn't play and the other one keeps getting confused for a centre forward for some reason only Wild knows 

The formation Wild favours does not allow for wingers. Allen will spend most the season on the bench, probably his best postition.

Just now, greygoose said:

The formation Wild favours does not allow for wingers. Allen will spend most the season on the bench, probably his best postition.

Allen is a decent player if he's played where he should be playing. What an earth is the point in offering someone a 2 year deal if your just going to waste them out of position. The lad cant shoot. But he can create. 

• Like 1

Yeah itw only pre season blah blah blah BUT for a first outing it was awful. First half miles better than the second but still they had the best opportunities first half. Cant judge the players properly from a viewing of 45 minutes each but i worry about Senior and his reckless challenges which will see red cards if he carries on. Have we got a better centre back than matty brown, i dont think so. Summerfield not in the same league as Staunton.  Still don't like 3 centre backs for us as none are comfortable on the ball . Earing, stenson and sam Johnson had good games. Im sure we will massively improve and we have to get a winning mentality and so do some supporters  

6 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Allen is a decent player if he's played where he should be playing. What an earth is the point in offering someone a 2 year deal if your just going to waste them out of position. The lad cant shoot. But he can create. 

Only Wild knows why he got a 2 year deal, nothing he did last season warranted it and as you say he wont score many.

3 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Yeah itw only pre season blah blah blah BUT for a first outing it was awful. First half miles better than the second but still they had the best opportunities first half. Cant judge the players properly from a viewing of 45 minutes each but i worry about Senior and his reckless challenges which will see red cards if he carries on. Have we got a better centre back than matty brown, i dont think so. Summerfield not in the same league as Staunton.  Still don't like 3 centre backs for us as none are comfortable on the ball . Earing, stenson and sam Johnson had good games. Im sure we will massively improve and we have to get a winning mentality and so do some supporters  

Jay Benn our best player tonight BY FAR. As for senior staying on his feet. He won the ball. Someone said earlier that Crane looked out of depth? Bet the same person is crying out for local talent to be fed through the youth system. Crazy comment. Loved seeing them two playing tonight. 

5 minutes ago, andrich said:

According to Tom Scargill, Jay Benn was MOM

And rightly so. Apart from being cream crackered by Hobbo. He didn’t put a foot wrong and looked confident, quick and worthy of another game 

Youve all made one fatal mistake by actually either watching the match live or via rubble fm (or whatever its called). 

It was a meaningless pre-season friendly, and I for one don't care about the result as long as the team had a run out. The result didn't matter. Stop the negativity, you'll be asking for TSS to come back soon. 

• Like 2