Town v Clitheroe ..Today

Hoping for lots of reports from those lucky enough to be going. 
my sense is from Pete Wild interviews is that it will be a different 11 each half .. so not fluid football 

hope the weather stays dry for those watching .. remember to social distance guys ..it’s important for future matches that no Covid cases come from today’s game 

Its only a friendly but some how this feels for many reasons the start of one of our biggest ever seasons ..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First outing for us. Potential big scalp for them. Wonder how we lost? I'd like Town to win every game and I'm one of those daft sods who really enjoys going to clubs like Clitheroe in pre-season, but

Not far behind us? Thats like us saying were nor far behind teams in the Championship. I think your overreacting, it was just friendly and the 1st of quite a few at that. If were still off the pa

If you listen to all Dave Lynch interviews. “Winning mentality, winning mentality” I don’t buy into this “its only preseason” bullshit. As a striker playing against opposition like Clitheroe, you shou

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, SHAY man 2 said:

I think that Clitheroe will stream the game on their Facebook, they did it when they played Curzon last week 

From earlier posts I think it will be on Ribble FM's FB page.

I for one am just interested to see how the new players gel with each other and the members of last seasons squad. In particular what the tactics and style of play will be and whether we see the demise of "gerrit forrad".

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nick said:

Hoping for lots of reports from those lucky enough to be going. 
my sense is from Pete Wild interviews is that it will be a different 11 each half .. so not fluid football 

hope the weather stays dry for those watching .. remember to social distance guys ..it’s important for future matches that no Covid cases come from today’s game 

Its only a friendly but some how this feels for many reasons the start of one of our biggest ever seasons ..

Would prefer 2 halfs of 11 rather than subs every 5 minutes of the second half

• Like 1
Just now, halifaxmark said:

Would prefer 2 halfs of 11 rather than subs every 5 minutes of the second half

Wild said that for the first two games he was planning on no player doing more than 45 mins .. so a half time switch makes more sense 

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

From earlier posts I think it will be on Ribble FM's FB page.

I for one am just interested to see how the new players gel with each other and the members of last seasons squad. In particular what the tactics and style of play will be and whether we see the demise of "gerrit forrad".

Nothing wrong with Gerrit Forrad used occasionally, even Premiership teams ping long balls from defence a few times per game.

1 hour ago, Roy Race said:

Nothing wrong with Gerrit Forrad used occasionally, even Premiership teams ping long balls from defence a few times per game.

Yes, if you have the forwards to take advantage of it. Last season we did not.

Which way do we think would be best to get there. Over Wainstalls, Oxenhope and then Colne and onto Clitheroe. Or through happy Valley, up through Padiham and Burnley.

Decisions, decisions. How exciting is it to get the fixtures and watch live football on the same day. I need to keep taking the tablets :blink:

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, arryarry said:

Which way do we think would be best to get there. Over Wainstalls, Oxenhope and then Colne and onto Clitheroe. Or through happy Valley, up through Padiham and Burnley.

Decisions, decisions. How exciting is it to get the fixtures and watch live football on the same day. I need to keep taking the tablets :blink:

A629 all the way from halifax, then A59 more or less all the way to the ground. Pretty straight forward 

39 minutes ago, arryarry said:

If I was going I'd go Keighley, Skipton but I'm sure from Halifax it can be done in less than 1 hour 20 minutes

1 hour ago, arryarry said:

Believe Oxenhope Road over tops is closed midweek maybe better bet Denholme Gate to Stanbury-Colne-Blackoe-Clitheroe. if you want overland route

8 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Believe Oxenhope Road over tops is closed midweek maybe better bet Denholme Gate to Stanbury-Colne-Blackoe-Clitheroe. if you want overland route

It was closed the other week but it's back open. Been working over Oxenhope. 

Can go over wainstalls way and past withins and then get onto the road to Colne just before that bay horse pub in Oxenhope. No problem. 

2 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

It was closed the other week but it's back open. Been working over Oxenhope. 

Can go over wainstalls way and past withins and then get onto the road to Colne just before that bay horse pub in Oxenhope. No problem. 

OK, drove over Sunday & signs suggested only open weekends, obviously not keeping signs up with events.

3 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Bummer with Notts at home @1000 max.

As it’s the third home game let’s hope by then we have bumped up the capacity 

remember the 1000 cover home support in the east and south stand .. 

away get the north .. what’s it going to take to get part of the skircoat open by then 

35 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

OK, drove over Sunday & signs suggested only open weekends, obviously not keeping signs up with events.

Well don't take my word as gospel then. The road to hebden was the one that was shut for gas works about 6 weeks ago but it didn't affect getting into Oxenhope or the road to Colne. We came off that job in Oxenhope last week so could have changed. 

45 minutes ago, Nick said:

As it’s the third home game let’s hope by then we have bumped up the capacity 

remember the 1000 cover home support in the east and south stand .. 

away get the north .. what’s it going to take to get part of the skircoat open by then 

So how many away fans can we get in the North Stand?