This player had the distinction of playing across all 4 divisions of the football league, he holds a unique record, winning promotion with 3 of the teams. He was an outstanding player who played for clubs who would probably be considered unfashionable. Yet his level of success is unparalleled by some of our more illustrious players playing for glamour clubs. In all competitions he played in excess of 650 first team games over 19 seasons. In league terms he played 535 games scoring 27 goals. He won mountains of trophies in his career and yet very strangely never won a full International cap for his country. (A disgrace). It is difficult to describe this player without actually giving his name away, he was a real team player, workhorse and made ordinary players look good. To their disgrace, one club that he signed for treated him abysmally which as I see it was their very big loss. Usual Rules Please Gents.

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

She's still stuck in a field full of cows although knowing her they might be sheep . A bloke from the church is trying his best to help her

Now you know me and cryptics, but I think you've put a clue in there?? I'm trying to work it out but not doing very well!!

1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

Now you know me and cryptics, but I think you've put a clue in there?? I'm trying to work it out but not doing very well!!

First name and surname both hidden in there . Maybe a picture of the predicament Una is in would be too big a clue

5 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

So it is :doh: nearly all the right stats but not quite Dean Whitehead

There is a little piece in you cryptic that i thought was putting you on the right track:-

She's still stuck in a field full of cows although knowing her they might be sheep