2 minutes ago, Hxmitch said:

Would also help those of us living a long distance from the shay. Would be happy to pay a reasonable amount to club.

With modern technology surly it’s not that hard to stream a game to people’s  computers, iPads or phones. 

With no fans the home advantage has gone to a large degree so why can’t the NL take a leaf out of Rugby Leagues book and have a designated ground each week and all clubs play there, with games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, every team shares the expenses and they only have to put cameras in one ground streaming it to every fan of all the clubs in the NL.

Theres possibility around 20’000 fans watch NL games every weekend charge them a £10, that’s £200’000 less expenses divided to all the clubs. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont see the point. Cases would go down for 2 weeks but then would surely start rising again when all back out... it is what it is, wash hands, wear a mask, get on with life, sick of hearing about i

Lunatics are running the asylum. It’s about time WE as fans were allowed to be treat as adults ( it seems to have worked in Sweden). The stadium is out in the fresh air. We will have masks on. Ba

Isn’t it called investigative journalism? If he waited for all news to come out via official channels he wouldn’t have much to report about would he?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Greggs said:

I have a season ticket. Should be free for Seasom ticket holders. Charge what you want for non season ticket holders. 

What about away games, why would opposition clubs subsidised us to watch games for free and vice versa, why would we financially support a club to watch games at the Shay if their season tickets are for example half the price of ours.

31 minutes ago, Shaymus said:

You're absolutely right. I'm not getting a season ticket and if I fear there's little chance of getting in on the day I just won't bother trying.

Surely you know a few days before if you plan to attend? If so you buy a ticket online, job done. 1000 attendance, 600 season ticket sold, 400 tickets available would you consider that as little chance? (Guesses from me not confirmed numbers)

You're absolutely right. I'm not getting a season ticket and if I fear there's little chance of getting in on the day I just won't bother trying.

Surely you know a few days before if you plan to attend? If so you buy a ticket online, job done. 1000 attendance, 600 season ticket sold, 400 tickets available would you consider that as little chance? (Guesses from me not confirmed numbers)

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Bayliss is a glorified hack who has no affiliation to the league as such and seems to get drip fed snippets from vsouthern based clubs.

He still seems to be accurate with what he posts with regard to the NL

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Walt Jabsco said:

Possibly. 

If they decide no crowds are allowed in but they will live stream it free to season ticket holders then would S/T holders be entitled to a refund? Not everyone has the technology or want to watch it online.

It seems to me this possibility should have been clarified before we bought our tickets rather than just make it up as we go along like the government.

I certainly think the club should give the option of a refund just like the end of last season.

Ironically more people could easily end up watching it online than would have attended live. Is the technology to set up pay per view easy to do?

We probably need permission from BT Sports to do it as well.

31 minutes ago, chadders said:

What like Mondays non meeting you mean.

Chadders, Ollie must have been given the heads up by someone in the know at another NL club.

I find the info he puts up about things such as the FA Trophy and FA Cup useful, as it is sometimes ahead of what we learn elsewhere. As we are all inquisitive about issues that affect the team we support we tend to gravitate to sources we find to be consistently reliable. As to Ollie being a "hack", he is only doing what most aspiring youngsters do when trying to make their way in the modern media landscape. This seems to consist of having suitable media profiles on the usual channels FB/Twitter etc. Much the same I would think as our friend, Tom Scargill, at the "Courier".

He must be doing something right as he now also has his own radio show on non-league football on Three Counties FM I think. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

We've got to accept that Chadders doesn't like us knowing as much as he knows and likes it even less if we know it before he does

think you confusing me with other folk on here old luv.

• Sad 1
21 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Chadders, Ollie must have been given the heads up by someone in the know at another NL club.

I find the info he puts up about things such as the FA Trophy and FA Cup useful, as it is sometimes ahead of what we learn elsewhere. As we are all inquisitive about issues that affect the team we support we tend to gravitate to sources we find to be consistently reliable. As to Ollie being a "hack", he is only doing what most aspiring youngsters do when trying to make their way in the modern media landscape. This seems to consist of having suitable media profiles on the usual channels FB/Twitter etc. Much the same I would think as our friend, Tom Scargill, at the "Courier".

He must be doing something right as he now also has his own radio show on non-league football on Three Counties FM I think. 

Obviously he does get snippets and it's sadly indicative of a lot of journalists today the way they use them. And whilst Tom Scargill does use the social media platforms he does not release any info before the club have announced it through the official channels it appears Bayliss is  not fussed about doing this hence my use of the word hack.

• Confused 1
18 minutes ago, chadders said:

Obviously he does get snippets and it's sadly indicative of a lot of journalists today the way they use them. And whilst Tom Scargill does use the social media platforms he does not release any info before the club have announced it through the official channels it appears Bayliss is  not fussed about doing this hence my use of the word hack.

Didn’t Scargill straight up invent an interview with Macca?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, chadders said:

Chadders, isn't this what all "journalists" call their "sources". I hear constantly on the TV, "according to my sources blah blah blah", it's only what everyone else does at work, stand by the coffee machine and pick up the gossip/unofficial news about who is leaving etc. I would not on that basis call Ollie Bayliss a "hack", but that is only my opinion.:)

hack noun [C] (WRITER)

disapproving
a journalist (= writer for newspapers or magazines) whose work is low in quality or does not have much imagination:

3 hours ago, chadders said:

You've posted some shite over the years Chadders but this is next level stuff :D Criticising a journalist for not waiting until a press release drops before they report on something. If all journalists did that the newspaper industry could shut down tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 9/11/2020 at 1:52 PM, greg45 said:

Isn’t it called investigative journalism? If he waited for all news to come out via official channels he wouldn’t have much to report about would he?

Sadly the ethics of a lot of journalists leaves a lot to be desired. Most are not affiliated to a club and have free reign. Investigative journalism to me is digging deep to prove or disprove the credibility of a story not getting the latest National League e mails handed to them over a Costa coffee. You will be telling me next that phone tapping is s form of investigative journalism.

On 9/11/2020 at 1:59 PM, Flea said:

Ha yeah can't remember the exact details but something along those lines 

On 9/11/2020 at 5:05 PM, ITMAN said:

Chadders, isn't this what all "journalists" call their "sources". I hear constantly on the TV, "according to my sources blah blah blah", it's only what everyone else does at work, stand by the coffee machine and pick up the gossip/unofficial news about who is leaving etc. I would not on that basis call Ollie Bayliss a "hack", but that is only my opinion.:)

hack noun [C] (WRITER)

disapproving
a journalist (= writer for newspapers or magazines) whose work is low in quality or does not have much imagination:

See above reply to Greg45 old luv 

On 9/11/2020 at 5:08 PM, Hoddie said:

You've posted some shite over the years Chadders but this is next level stuff :D Criticising a journalist for not waiting until a press release drops before they report on something. If all journalists did that the newspaper industry could shut down tomorrow.

Thanks for the comments Mr H but luckily I don't give a flying fudge what you think. And would it be a bad thing if the press shut down tomorrow !!

On 9/11/2020 at 1:59 PM, Flea said:

Hs come back to me now; he did not invent a story but was told by Mark Carroll that Scott Macca would be out for the season and obviously went with the story bit did not reference the quote to Carroll as perhaps he should have and Macca was playing again within weeks !!   

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chadders said:

Hs come back to me now; he did not invent a story but was told by Mark Carroll that Scott Macca would be out for the season and obviously went with the story bit did not reference the quote to Carroll as perhaps he should have and Macca was playing again within weeks !!   

Fair enough. All I recall is Macca tweeting something along the lines of ‘this is rubbish, never even spoken to the guy’ in relation to the article.

Edited by Flea
15 hours ago, chadders said:

Sadly the ethics of a lot of journalists leaves a lot to be desired. Most are not affiliated to a club and have free reign. Investigative journalism to me is digging deep to prove or disprove the credibility of a story not getting the latest National League e mails handed to them over a Costa coffee. You will be telling me next that phone tapping is s form of investigative journalism.

Ethics?! :lol: The bloke is posting stories on when non league football will be played and potential crowd sizes!! 

Absolutely bizarre

• Like 3