• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont see the point. Cases would go down for 2 weeks but then would surely start rising again when all back out... it is what it is, wash hands, wear a mask, get on with life, sick of hearing about i

Lunatics are running the asylum. It’s about time WE as fans were allowed to be treat as adults ( it seems to have worked in Sweden). The stadium is out in the fresh air. We will have masks on. Ba

Isn’t it called investigative journalism? If he waited for all news to come out via official channels he wouldn’t have much to report about would he?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, eddies mate said:

Beckett is a 3 Year pub crawl.Be happy If my lad comes home with a liver let alone a degree...

My problem was my eldest started on one course and changed after 2 years to another, so in the end he spent 5 years living in Headingley, cost me a flaming fortune.

42 minutes ago, eddie said:

He will come home with a big loan for you to pay

I was fortunate in that my lad worked while at Uni so he did not run up too much of a Student Loan, although I was subsidising the rent for his flat in the middle of Headingley.

9 hours ago, kit said:

I suppose if you cram all the games into a shorter period and crowds still turn up at the same levels, you're not going to be any worse off. Unlikely though.

I can see the logic in that, but scary for clubs not knowing when the next bit of income is coming.

Get the feeling we’ll be putting our hands in our pocket soon..

We aren't going to have a situation were you can decide Saturday morning that you're going to attend a game Saturday afternoon . This form of new normal that we have to get used to is going to kill professional and amateur sport . The costs, administration, social distancing and loss of walk up pay on the day support is unworkable 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Agreed, you may as well at least just start or else you create bigger problems further down the line. 

How's playing behind closed doors going to help us generate money. 

If the whole of Elite level starts without fans. Why would the government be in any rush to get fans back in.

Also I expect to be able to watch all the home games live on some sort of media if we cant go. 

4 minutes ago, Greggs said:

If the whole of Elite level starts without fans. Why would the government be in any rush to get fans back in.

Also I expect to be able to watch all the home games live on some sort of media if we cant go. 

Heres a thought, live stream it, charge 20 quid, plus would more people watch it than normally actually go to the game!

2 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Heres a thought, live stream it, charge 20 quid, plus would more people watch it than normally actually go to the game!

I have a season ticket. Should be free for Seasom ticket holders. Charge what you want for non season ticket holders. 

13 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Correct 

There has to be some sort of fallback arrangement for fans who have shown good faith & supported the club with season ticket purchases.

With the uncertainty surrounding kick off day its time to announce contingency plans from government, NL & club.

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

Never said it would help us generate money - but if we have to pay our players anyway, what good does delaying the season do?

1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

Aldershot fc are going to be live streaming their games, I’m sure our media team could do the the same if need be, but as things stand (according the man in the know Ollie Baylis) nothings changed for clubs at our level and below as yet.

with such large reductions in capacities for spectators in stadia then there must be some doubt as to whether all non league clubs will be able to complete the season unless a benefactor can put in large sums of money to make up shortfalls in gate receipts.

1 hour ago, Blueblood said:

Aldershot fc are going to be live streaming their games, I’m sure our media team could do the the same if need be, but as things stand (according the man in the know Ollie Baylis) nothings changed for clubs at our level and below as yet.

Bayliss is a glorified hack who has no affiliation to the league as such and seems to get drip fed snippets from vsouthern based clubs.

Maybe some live streaming is the way forward Covid or not...

as an example my Grandad who is now 93 used to love going down the Shay with me but now he gets too tired, so is happy in his home watching various sport.

If he had the opportunity of streaming Town on the box he would happily pay for this.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

We aren't going to have a situation were you can decide Saturday morning that you're going to attend a game Saturday afternoon . This form of new normal that we have to get used to is going to kill professional and amateur sport . The costs, administration, social distancing and loss of walk up pay on the day support is unworkable 

You're absolutely right. I'm not getting a season ticket and if I fear there's little chance of getting in on the day I just won't bother trying.

3 minutes ago, Grayski said:

Maybe some live streaming is the way forward Covid or not...

as an example my Grandad who is now 93 used to love going down the Shay with me but now he gets too tired, so is happy in his home watching various sport.

If he had the opportunity of streaming Town on the box he would happily pay for this.

Would also help those of us living a long distance from the shay. Would be happy to pay a reasonable amount to club.

• Like 1