46 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

What about the socially distanced 50/50 draw

And will Kit still have his bucket or will he only be taking card payments?

Maybe we could do a virtual 50/50 draw buying your ticket via the Club Shop online. This way fans who cannot make it or cannot get a ticket can still join in the fun. 

Edited by ITMAN
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont see the point. Cases would go down for 2 weeks but then would surely start rising again when all back out... it is what it is, wash hands, wear a mask, get on with life, sick of hearing about i

Lunatics are running the asylum. It’s about time WE as fans were allowed to be treat as adults ( it seems to have worked in Sweden). The stadium is out in the fresh air. We will have masks on. Ba

Isn’t it called investigative journalism? If he waited for all news to come out via official channels he wouldn’t have much to report about would he?

Posted Images

Will the club be allowed pre-match hospitality as usual and how do the restrictions affect those who'd usually hire a box? Are those numbers part of the reduced capacity?

Doesn't make much sense to insist on 450 fans in a stand designed for 3500, then to allow 10 or 20 people from different households in an executive box. But this is the council, sense probably doesn't come into it.

5 hours ago, Bobbins said:

Will the club be allowed pre-match hospitality as usual and how do the restrictions affect those who'd usually hire a box? Are those numbers part of the reduced capacity?

Its not set in stone, however as far as using the box we are working on business as usual for the one I’m in (although tbf we only have 5/6 in ours compared to the Commercial Group box that has the full 10/12), obviously subject to the Council/Club sorting out any red tape. As far as my group and the club are concerned we are all working towards having it running as normal. 

I assume the kitchen will be closed as the release to date is no kiosks in October. We order direct from the catering team for our match day food and to my knowledge we haven’t been sent any options for the season ahead so assuming that is the reason. 

We are officially counted as season ticket holders too, so assume we will be included in the attendance figure as a ST holder, rather than as a corporate, hospitality or other number. 

Edited by Flea
3 hours ago, chadders said:

I understand Calderdale are basing capacity on a two metre social distance let's hope that can be reduced therefore increasing capacity.

Why would there be a 2mtr rule at the Shay when the general rule in every other establishment is 1mtr, having said that I will apply a minimum of 1mtr & more where possible, it's called common sense not two words found in the same sentence regarding our council.

Obviously I haven't read through all of this but paragraph SG02 2.1 on page 15/91 suggests a distance of one metre.

Are CMBC using 2 meters?

Maybe this will be adjusted once our local lockdown ends?

Sorry the file is too big to attach on here!

Search SG02 Planning for Social Distancing at Sports Grounds and you will find it if you fancy some light reading before bedtime!

So its 2 meters inside the stadium, but before and after the game we can all wander into one of the many town centre bars/pubs and have a few pints.

These very same waterholes that obtain there alchol licence from the the council. And lets be honest, theres very little social distancing happening in them. Your far more likey to get Covid in a pub than a shay stadium with 2000 inside.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Why would there be a 2mtr rule at the Shay when the general rule in every other establishment is 1mtr, having said that I will apply a minimum of 1mtr & more where possible, it's called common sense not two words found in the same sentence regarding our council.

Saw an article re Theatres on Sky News last night. They were complaining they are only allowed 30% capacity (based on one seat full, two empty), and that's indoors!

I see the Public Health representative has adopted a "when things change, we'll let you know" attitude, which doesn't sound like they are into discussions.

4 hours ago, Bobbins said:

Doncaster racecourse just announced their test events with spectators present have been cancelled - doesn't bode well for any fans allowed on 3rd October, let alone 1000.

Not looking good & mostly down to idiots at large. Wonder if universities will be sending students home as that particular age group appear not to be following guidelines in normal life let alone at party time sorry further education.

• Confused 1
51 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Not looking good & mostly down to idiots at large. Wonder if universities will be sending students home as that particular age group appear not to be following guidelines in normal life let alone at party time sorry further education.

Freshers week is nothing but a week long pub crawl in Leeds

Well the test pilot events are still going ahead but capped at 1,000 so if successful you can suggest that will be the way our league starts. If that's the case there wont be any away fans.

We now need Fans at the Cambridge game and the non league finals day to behave to give us all a chance. 

• Like 1

There was a n item just now on the BBC News channel about the parlous state of the EFL and that unless we can get fan in to grounds for the new season there will be more clubs going into administration.

Also, sort another twitter item earlier about Macclesfield being given another 7 days I think to sort out the issue they have with the Inland Revenue or the Winding Up order will get enforced.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54088646

From the government website:

• The government will review plans to pilot larger audiences in venues this month. Planned sports pilot events will be limited to smaller, safer numbers, with strict conditions to ensure social distancing, and will not take place in areas where incidence is high. We will review our intention to return audiences to stadia and conference centres from 1 October.
1 hour ago, shaymandownsouff said:

I’m not sure how that helps? Wages still have to be paid

I suppose if you cram all the games into a shorter period and crowds still turn up at the same levels, you're not going to be any worse off. Unlikely though.