Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thats the caluclated maximum attendance by the council according to the latest tweet.

 

SEASON TICKETS | (1/2) The stadium capacity across the South & East stands has been calculated at just under 1000 under current Public Health Calderdale guidance - we strongly advise you to purchase a ST before the deadline tomorrow evening  https://t.co/HL1ImKWAni https://t.co/v4HwzXP1W3

 

SEASON TICKETS | (2/2) We’re working with PH & the Council to get this increased, however at the moment this is the calculation. https://t.co/8J0w3H5N7e #fcht (MB) https://t.co/krxgq7JQOH

Edited by fez
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont see the point. Cases would go down for 2 weeks but then would surely start rising again when all back out... it is what it is, wash hands, wear a mask, get on with life, sick of hearing about i

Lunatics are running the asylum. It’s about time WE as fans were allowed to be treat as adults ( it seems to have worked in Sweden). The stadium is out in the fresh air. We will have masks on. Ba

Isn’t it called investigative journalism? If he waited for all news to come out via official channels he wouldn’t have much to report about would he?

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Let’s hope the Boston game is the test game for fans then.

We dont generally get a 1000 for freiendles so I dont think that's going to give us many answers

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

We dont generally get a 1000 for freiendles so I dont think that's going to give us many answers

We also dont usually have to wait over 6 months to have to watch any football involving our team. Would suspect that if game was open to spectators that we would hit maximum capacity on whatever capacity they impose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Let’s hope the Boston game is the test game for fans then.

 

10 minutes ago, Greggs said:

We dont generally get a 1000 for freiendles so I dont think that's going to give us many answers

Boston game behind closed doors

Link to post
Share on other sites

From my understanding our attendance is set to be capped at 1000 - however that INCLUDES away fans. 
 

350 South, 450 East for HOME fans is my belief. 
 

Unless we bin off away support, I can’t see us getting much more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Flea said:

From my understanding our attendance is set to be capped at 1000 - however that INCLUDES away fans. 
 

350 South, 450 East for HOME fans is my belief. 
 

Unless we bin off away support, I can’t see us getting much more.

That goes against what the club just announced. 1,000 is the totals for the South and east. Well just under 1,000

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Greggs said:

That goes against what the club just announced. 1,000 is the totals for the South and east. Well just under 1,000

And could be if we are not allowing away fans in as we could have the bit of plastic removed that separates the home and away fans in the East.

As said last week, my info came from someone within the Council, not the club, so it could be subject to change etc, however the base figure I was given for fans looks to be about the same as what the club have now announced. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Forever a Shayman said:

When Rugby start playing you can guarantee even if the capacity is a 1000 for us they will make an excuse to let more in for them.

1000 is a farce of a number though. Both us and Fax should be able to have both our average gates in the ground at the same time with no issue tbf!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Flea said:

1000 is a farce of a number though. Both us and Fax should be able to have both our average gates in the ground at the same time with no issue tbf!

Exactly. People are in closer proximity in a number of situations. Think of the workplaces, schools, colleges, shops etc where huge numbers can and do mix with little if any control.
The Shay is largely open-air (people can be encouraged to move quickly to the seats/stand), once inside they can be 'placed' and monitored in terms of movement far more effectively than in supermarkets, pubs and the like. And an accurate record of who is in there is available from the outset.
 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 154 Hopper Avenue said:

Exactly. People are in closer proximity in a number of situations. Think of the workplaces, schools, colleges, shops etc where huge numbers can and do mix with little if any control.
The Shay is largely open-air (people can be encouraged to move quickly to the seats/stand), once inside they can be 'placed' and monitored in terms of movement far more effectively than in supermarkets, pubs and the like. And an accurate record of who is in there is available from the outset.
 

Exactly this, of all the grounds and workplaces in the UK, the shay has a massive footprint. It’s so open and the open areas underneath the stand should mean it’s capacity should be a lot more than what they propose!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Away fans in north stand .. 

so perhaps in the end that stand might be partitioned and allow. In some home fans ..depending on how many away fans book tickets 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Boreham Wood at home on a Tuesday night? Get them in a section of the East and give the North to Town fans too. At the end of the day, every admission Town can get will be vital this season to the club and the town.

The Eat out to Help our scheme helped get our restaurants back on track. If football clubs are capped at lower capacities there is no reason why that capacity shouldn’t be the attendance every single week. That’s not just at the Shay that’s up and down the country.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If no away fans are allowed at all this season then we need to re-start the virtual away tickets sales. Our club will be hit by 1000 cap attendances so maybe we need to look at what we can do to help bridge that gap.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ash said:

Boreham Wood at home on a Tuesday night? Get them in a section of the East and give the North to Town fans too. At the end of the day, every admission Town can get will be vital this season to the club and the town.

The Eat out to Help our scheme helped get our restaurants back on track. If football clubs are capped at lower capacities there is no reason why that capacity shouldn’t be the attendance every single week. That’s not just at the Shay that’s up and down the country.

If we were to play that sort of opponent at home on a Tuesday I'd expect the North wouldn't be used at all if they knew the away numbers were going to be 50 or less. Save on the expense of opening it up with stewards etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...