If the team does gel & on paper it does look good we will be more than fine. On the face of it PW has a handle on most aspects of management at our level. Based on that as usual this is the best part of the season.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The budget is either not as low as a lot believe it to be or is being extremely well managed, lets hope a bit of both, as we have taken on the Bradford Bulls Strength and conditioning trainer 2 days p

Main order of business for me this season is to get Wild a new contract as he is free to leave next summer at the moment 

As much as i like the guy he's still not really proven himself so a new contracts a bit premature for me. He'll be under more pressure this season as its now his team and expectation levels are h

I'm not just trying to live up to my tag name when I say I've yet to be impressed by Pete Wild. Some of his team selections were strange and his substitutions bonkers. I know we finished in the playoffs but at the back end we were awful Ebbsfleet and Borehamwood for example. I think if the season had ran its course we would not have been in the playoffs. But I'm a glass half full man, the new signings look promising. It will be a shame if Brown and Hanson leave I'm a big fan of both.

Edited by born to moan
  • Confused 1
7 hours ago, born to moan said:

I'm not just trying to live up to my tag name when I say I've yet to be impressed by Pete Wild. Some of his team selections were strange and his substitutions bonkers. I know we finished in the playoffs but at the back end we were awful Ebbsfleet and Borehamwood for example. I think if the season had ran its course we would not have been in the playoffs. But I'm a glass half full man, the new signings look promising. It will be a shame if Brown and Hanson leave I'm a big fan of both.

The guy was in his first full season as manager. He was bound to make mistakes. However he admitted his mistakes and learned from them.

Brown is a fabulous player and had the opportunity to stay and see out his extended contract, however he couldn’t do it. Can’t afford to cater for different attitudes to training.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, born to moan said:

I'm not just trying to live up to my tag name when I say I've yet to be impressed by Pete Wild. 

Not impressed at all? 

I think he’s done a decent job considering his lack of experience and is an open honest guy who admits he does get it wrong at times.

Think the thing I like most about him is the fact that he admits he takes advice from the senior players too and seems to get them involved, not many managers would.

I’m thinking you may be in the minority when it comes to been impressed but like the rest of us have an opinion.

Im sure he will be judged more this season with his own players on board. Think if I was a player I would be chuffed to have Wild as my manager.

• Like 2