Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

It's not a case of tarring everyone with the same old brush mate. But don't tell try and tell me he's not ambitious, and that he hasn't got a wife and kids (I don't know if he has?), and principals don't pay the bills. Money is in most cases is the ruler. Nobody would think any less of him if he did move to a bigger club if he was proving to be successful, surely that's the goal. So the friend of a friend who knows both PW & CM, what do you think they're gonna say when asked the question, "oh yeah, we're out here first chance we get". I don't think so do you?

Not a friend of a friend the guy I talked with is a Goalkeeper coach at ManUtd who is a personal friend of his he asked me and my daughter where we came from when I mentioned Halifax area his first words were a mate of mine Is Manager there Pete Wild .And ManUtd women’s are no Tinpot club they probably have more resources than we have .

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The budget is either not as low as a lot believe it to be or is being extremely well managed, lets hope a bit of both, as we have taken on the Bradford Bulls Strength and conditioning trainer 2 days p

Main order of business for me this season is to get Wild a new contract as he is free to leave next summer at the moment 

As much as i like the guy he's still not really proven himself so a new contracts a bit premature for me. He'll be under more pressure this season as its now his team and expectation levels are h

43 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Disagree with you there. Heath got us promoted which gave him extra time but as soon as it looked like we were heading he was still handed the sack. He wouldn't support a manager taking us down. He gives managers longer than any other chairman would but there is a limit 

Got the feeling it was quite a mutual sacking/resignation  with regards to Heath. I think Heath was struggling with the part time team in a full time league model, and i thinking it was taking a toll on him alongside his jobs outside of football(foster carer?)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Not a friend of a friend the guy I talked with is a Goalkeeper coach at ManUtd who is a personal friend of his he asked me and my daughter where we came from when I mentioned Halifax area his first words were a mate of mine Is Manager there Pete Wild .And ManUtd women’s are no Tinpot club they probably have more resources than we have .

I think your working yourself into a tizz over nothing FaS. Lets see how things pan out over time, but god forbid we are struggling come Christmas time or there abouts and the wolves are circling, and a bigger league club comes knocking with a nice salary package. Well lets see eh? But please calm down, its just my opinion, it means nothing. And Man U Ladies are not a tinpot club, I never said any such thing!!! But Man U are??:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shaymen down under said:

Got the feeling it was quite a mutual sacking/resignation  with regards to Heath. I think Heath was struggling with the part time team in a full time league model, and i thinking it was taking a toll on him alongside his jobs outside of football(foster carer?)

Agreed, Heath is a rare person, he's not afraid to admit he was out of his depth. He gave it a go having got us promoted and it just didnt work out so he stepped down, no shame there!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Maybe maybe not Steve. But had he stayed and we had been languishing near the bottom at Christmas then I dont think he would have seen the New Year at the Shay. Fortunately we will never know.

Very few chairmen would give a manager 20 losing streak.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Very few chairmen would give a manager 20 losing streak.

We never got to the bottom of it Steve, and we'll never know what went on. But it was probably about money and how much it would have cost to pay him off!! The one I'm intrigued to see what will happen is with the Harrogate situation. When things start to go tits up it's gonna be very interesting to see if the Chairman's wife lets him sack her son???

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

We never got to the bottom of it Steve, and we'll never know what went on. But it was probably about money and how much it would have cost to pay him off!! The one I'm intrigued to see what will happen is with the Harrogate situation. When things start to go tits up it's gonna be very interesting to see if the Chairman's wife lets him sack her son???

JF wasn´t interested in money he offered to walk away around the Xmas time the previous season. He is a very wealthy young man.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

JF wasn´t interested in money he offered to walk away around the Xmas time the previous season. He is a very wealthy young man.

In all my life Steve I've never met anyone whose not interested in money, they may pretend they're not. But every person on the planet has a price!! Did you know, according to a recent documentary about Americans in general, the average American would commit murder for $10. Money really is the root of all evil.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

DB will not sack him if we go down (which we will not) he does not like changing managers even JF walked away and was not in danger of being sacked infact DB was trying to help him.

If were relegated he wont need to sack him as he's out of contract, but theres no chance he'll get a new one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2020 at 7:13 PM, Steve Lanzarote said:

The budget is either not as low as a lot believe it to be or is being extremely well managed, lets hope a bit of both, as we have taken on the Bradford Bulls Strength and conditioning trainer 2 days per week. This is something which look badly lacking last season, all looking good.

sound very positive well done Mr B

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

In all my life Steve I've never met anyone whose not interested in money, they may pretend they're not. But every person on the planet has a price!! Did you know, according to a recent documentary about Americans in general, the average American would commit murder for $10. Money really is the root of all evil.

You´ve never met me Tommy and I am on this planet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

PW appears to be a very down to earth genuine person & I have faith in him, his recruitment appears to be pretty focused & sound, this is his team & he will be judged on that. Football has a habit of kicking nice guys in the bollocks so really hope the gods look down on us & PW & grant us some success. I'm biased but I think we deserve a little success this time round & would love PW to provide that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

I don’t remember hearing that he ever was implicated in anything?

I think the implications were he turned a blind eye to what was going on and he should have stepped in and put a stop to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

In all my life Steve I've never met anyone whose not interested in money, they may pretend they're not. But every person on the planet has a price!! Did you know, according to a recent documentary about Americans in general, the average American would commit murder for $10. Money really is the root of all evil.

 

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

You´ve never met me Tommy and I am on this planet.

I've met Steve twice Tommy, he does have a thing about money, he wants to pay all the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shaymenRup said:

If Wild hasn’t already proved himself by getting a team of relegation favourites into the play offs then I don’t know what else he has to do.

The way the guy speaks, motivates and coaches has brought the best crop of players in a long time. The club should be thinking of negotiating a longer deal with PW and at least talking about it.

Success this season will be dependent on how the players gel in matches. The quality is there, fitness is being worked on, can they create and score goals and can they defend. Time will tell.

I couldn't agree more. The guy has been a breath of fresh air. I think a lot of the naysayers are annoyed because he proved without a doubt that you can exist on a shoestring and still compete with the bigger clubs. It doesn't all come down to cash, as important as that is.

Perhaps he won't be quite so successful this coming season but there's one thing for sure, it won't be because of a lack of effort and planning on his part.

It strikes me as odd that some Aspin supporters decry the guy's sacking after a terrible final few months, yet are chomping at the bit to jump on Wild's back even though his first season began with half a team yet ended with us in the play-offs. It beggar's belief it really does.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I couldn't agree more. The guy has been a breath of fresh air. I think a lot of the naysayers are annoyed because he proved without a doubt that you can exist on a shoestring and still compete with the bigger clubs. It doesn't all come down to cash, as important as that is.

Perhaps he won't be quite so successful this coming season but there's one thing for sure, it won't be because of a lack of effort and planning on his part.

It strikes me as odd that some Aspin supporters decry the guy's sacking after a terrible final few months, yet are chomping at the bit to jump on Wild's back even though his first season began with half a team yet ended with us in the play-offs. It beggar's belief it really does.

One of the refreshing aspects of PW's background is that he does not come with any of the ex-player baggage. He has been a coach all of his career, so he is no jack of all trades but we hope he is the master of one.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hoddie said:

I couldn't agree more. The guy has been a breath of fresh air. I think a lot of the naysayers are annoyed because he proved without a doubt that you can exist on a shoestring and still compete with the bigger clubs. It doesn't all come down to cash, as important as that is.

Perhaps he won't be quite so successful this coming season but there's one thing for sure, it won't be because of a lack of effort and planning on his part.

It strikes me as odd that some Aspin supporters decry the guy's sacking after a terrible final few months, yet are chomping at the bit to jump on Wild's back even though his first season began with half a team yet ended with us in the play-offs. It beggar's belief it really does.

I don't think anyone is chomping at the bit to jump on Wild's back....more a lot of the forum obviously know some of our fans only too well. I also don't see any naysayers, just people being realistic about Wild. No doubt last season was an incredible, INCREDIBLE success against all the odds and expectations. However, I think some are just being realistic in that we have seen many coaches become managers and struggle to have the same sort of success. There are a LOT of new territories this season for Wild; building a squad, signing most of the players, managing the budget, creating or rebuilding a culture (this might be the single biggest challenge with all the players leaving) and possibly others that I have not thought about. Wild's only experience thus far is last season with us when we already had most of the players in place, and at Oldham with the same situation. Now undoubtedly he succeeded at both, but now might be his biggest test is all that folk are saying...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...