• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The budget is either not as low as a lot believe it to be or is being extremely well managed, lets hope a bit of both, as we have taken on the Bradford Bulls Strength and conditioning trainer 2 days p

Main order of business for me this season is to get Wild a new contract as he is free to leave next summer at the moment 

As much as i like the guy he's still not really proven himself so a new contracts a bit premature for me. He'll be under more pressure this season as its now his team and expectation levels are h

Think it is being well managed.. in both senses 

firstly by constantly telling everybody how low it is and managing down expectations to players agent 

but secondly by have really thought through who we wanted and targeting those players 

lastly I think quite a few clubs will have reassessed their thinking as time has progressed ..and no doubt  cut their budgets as the summer has progressed 

13 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

The budget is either not as low as a lot believe it to be or is being extremely well managed, lets hope a bit of both, as we have taken on the Bradford Bulls Strength and conditioning trainer 2 days per week. This is something which look badly lacking last season, all looking good.

:o Whatever next Frank Watene's dietician.........

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, greygoose said:

As much as i like the guy he's still not really proven himself so a new contracts a bit premature for me.

He'll be under more pressure this season as its now his team and expectation levels are higher.

On paper he's putting together a good squad but lets not forget the pre lockdown form and our play off showing. A bad start to the season and the usual suspects will be sharpening their knives.

Agreed. If anything he may be a victim of his own success. Recruitment been pretty good overall. However, it’s pretty much his own team now. No excuses regarding inheriting a poor squad etc.

Only slight concern I have is the defence. We haven’t replaced Duckworth and we’ve effectively replaced Brown with Bradbury who barely played for Yeovil last season. Even Senior has played limited first team football.

Appreciate there’s still time and a few more signings in the pipelines but it needs addressing sooner rather than later. Right back in particular.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Says he wants a back up keeper and at least one outfield player (probably increase that to three if Hanson and Brown move on) but says he's in no rush . 

Let's see where we are after 12 league games before we start getting giddy

Or morose....

15 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Says he wants a back up keeper and at least one outfield player (probably increase that to three if Hanson and Brown move on) but says he's in no rush . 

Let's see where we are after 12 league games before we start getting giddy

Top of the league with 36 points 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

My daughter is trialing at ManUtd women’s and one of the coaches is a mate of both Pete Wild and Chris Millington and he says if Pete has teeth into project he will never walk away he said if Pete gets Town promoted he wouldn’t leave for anyone bigger like Evatt at Barrow only time he would walk away is like an Oldham situation were he wasn’t getting the backing.Presume Chairman is backing him very well.

And a **** load more money?? (Presumably)

1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

And a **** load more money?? (Presumably)

Pete Wild is not motivated by money he’s one of the few people in Football that won’t sell his soul for money if he gets the backing of the Club and Chairman that means the most to someone like him the proof of that is when he manged Oldham at Fulham in the FA Cup he had bought a train ticket to go down and watch the game as a fan before he got called up to be Caretaker Manager.

11 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Pete Wild is not motivated by money he’s one of the few people in Football that won’t sell his soul for money if he gets the backing of the Club and Chairman that means the most to someone like him the proof of that is when he manged Oldham at Fulham in the FA Cup he had bought a train ticket to go down and watch the game as a fan before he got called up to be Caretaker Manager.

I hope your right FaS, but dont hold your breath. If we prove to be successful and some bigger club comes waving a big cheque book under his nose then he'll be gone. Thats just the way life is mate. It's a cut throat business, just the same as if we were to end up in a dogfight at the bottom of the league Mr B will give him the full backing of the club just before he throws him under the No37 to Oldham.

21 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I hope your right FaS, but dont hold your breath. If we prove to be successful and some bigger club comes waving a big cheque book under his nose then he'll be gone. Thats just the way life is mate. It's a cut throat business, just the same as if we were to end up in a dogfight at the bottom of the league Mr B will give him the full backing of the club just before he throws him under the No37 to Oldham.

Disagree with you not everyone in life is motivated by money some people still have principles and standards don’t tar everyone with the same brush.

25 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

DB will not sack him if we go down (which we will not) he does not like changing managers even JF walked away and was not in danger of being sacked infact DB was trying to help him.

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

DB will not sack him if we go down (which we will not) he does not like changing managers even JF walked away and was not in danger of being sacked infact DB was trying to help him.

Disagree with you there. Heath got us promoted which gave him extra time but as soon as it looked like we were heading he was still handed the sack. He wouldn't support a manager taking us down. He gives managers longer than any other chairman would but there is a limit 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Disagree with you not everyone in life is motivated by money some people still have principles and standards don’t tar everyone with the same brush.

It's not a case of tarring everyone with the same old brush mate. But don't tell try and tell me he's not ambitious, and that he hasn't got a wife and kids (I don't know if he has?), and principals don't pay the bills. Money is in most cases is the ruler. Nobody would think any less of him if he did move to a bigger club if he was proving to be successful, surely that's the goal. So the friend of a friend who knows both PW & CM, what do you think they're gonna say when asked the question, "oh yeah, we're out here first chance we get". I don't think so do you?

22 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Maybe maybe not Steve. But had he stayed and we had been languishing near the bottom at Christmas then I dont think he would have seen the New Year at the Shay. Fortunately we will never know.

7 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

It's not a case of tarring everyone with the same old brush mate. But don't tell try and tell me he's not ambitious, and that he hasn't got a wife and kids (I don't know if he has?), and principals don't pay the bills. Money is in most cases is the ruler. Nobody would think any less of him if he did move to a bigger club if he was proving to be successful, surely that's the goal. So the friend of a friend who knows both PW & CM, what do you think they're gonna say when asked the question, "oh yeah, we're out here first chance we get". I don't think so do you?

Dario Gradi did many of years at Crewe took them from a team fight at the bottom of the Football League did anyone question his ambition?