Stop Being So Assolic

20 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Just to clear something up here in general. Why do so many people feel compelled to try and always put others down on this site. I have had several responses to my comments made last night about claiming my money back  this time around should this season go tits up, which it still may very well do. Yet people come on these threads belittling this as if to try and say I'm out of order!! The club put a statement out, contained in that statement was a nigh on plea for people to buy their S/T, putting pressure on by using the tactic of we may not get into games without one. So, for the last couple of months I have stated quite clearly that I wouldn't be getting one until certain criteria had been met, some has now been achieved to a degree and some hasn't as yet, but having relented and bought my ticket last night, now I have people basically telling me I shouldn't have bothered If I'm not prepared to possibly throw £300 away or part thereof. Well, news to you guys who think they have the higher ground or whatever you want to call it, I've been supporting this club man & boy for nearly 60yrs, I have put the time and effort in so don't start f----king have a go at me or anyone else for wanting to be cautious. I'll say once more just to be clear, I will be claiming back any money owed for cancelled games and I hope everyone else does as well.

I'm with you Tommy. Some people see it as unsupportive and a betrayal of the club to ask for a refund and whilst I and most other people didn't get one last year because the value of the ticket to start with meant the last 3 games were effectively free of charge anyway. 

However if the season was to change and we were unable to go. I would be in the same boat as you. I'd be asking for my money back. Yes some will say well it doesnt help the club blah blah blah. You should just let them keep it. Its not a bag of sweets or a fiver. This is £300 we are talking about. That's over half of my monthly mortgage payment. 

Now there will be many on here that wont get there money back and will just write it off as helping the club. But we are fully in our rights to ask for it back if we are not getting what we paid for. It wouldn't be the clubs fault and I would by no means be happy about doing so. However many cant afford to just write off £300

If the club filmed all games and made them available to watch live then I would be happier about letting them keep the money 

Edited by Greggs
  • Like 3
Just now, Hoddie said:

I agree with you. Last season was unforseen, this season the club should hope for but not expect the same kind of generosity.

I’m a single income family with 3 kids, but I’ve budgeted for season ticket and bought last week outright. Don’t begrudge anybody wanting to claim a refund and fully understand why people will.

I won’t personally be claiming anything back if something arises. My own personal feeling is that I’m a supporter not a customer. It wouldn’t feel right for me to claim it back. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Just to clear something up here in general. Why do so many people feel compelled to try and always put others down on this site. I have had several responses to my comments made last night about claiming my money back  this time around should this season go tits up, which it still may very well do. Yet people come on these threads belittling this as if to try and say I'm out of order!! The club put a statement out, contained in that statement was a nigh on plea for people to buy their S/T, putting pressure on by using the tactic of we may not get into games without one. So, for the last couple of months I have stated quite clearly that I wouldn't be getting one until certain criteria had been met, some has now been achieved to a degree and some hasn't as yet, but having relented and bought my ticket last night, now I have people basically telling me I shouldn't have bothered If I'm not prepared to possibly throw £300 away or part thereof. Well, news to you guys who think they have the higher ground or whatever you want to call it, I've been supporting this club man & boy for nearly 60yrs, I have put the time and effort in so don't start f----king have a go at me or anyone else for wanting to be cautious. I'll say once more just to be clear, I will be claiming back any money owed for cancelled games and I hope everyone else does as well.

Last season was totally different, we had I think 3 games left and a refund would have be twenty odd quid which most just wrote off. This season is different with the whole season to think of, I would suggest most Halifax Town fans as with the Leeds, Huddersfield, Bradford and all the other clubs around West Yorkshire have fans who are working class and are not in the earning league of the top 5% of society. That said £300 quid is a substantial amount to any of us and I believe not many of us would throw it away, so I agree with you. If we again get to the last 2/3 games of the season and we’re all stopped from going then we may well again say f-ck it you can keep what’s owed, each to their own. I have chosen this year not to purchase a season ticket as my shift work means I work evenings and I think I probably won’t get value for my buck this year, however each Saturday I will purchase a ticket paying my full £20 and going into the ground where I can to watch my team, I will buy my usual merchandise purchased every season so will still be contributing to the weekly takings of the club. For a club of our size every penny helps I get that, but then earning it is important to and not everybody has free cash to give away.

The message for me is simple if everyone does a little bit, a little bit goes a long way, but no one should be made to feel guilty for doing less than someone else, little clubs like Halifax Town need all the help they can get however big or small the gesture might be

• Like 4

I have said all along people make their choices based on their own financial circumstances.. the things I question..and it is a question ..ie debate ...is the imposition of I will buy only when these criteria are met ...like

it depends on who we sign ..well they have done a good job 

the club have to guarantee I will be able to watch ..this is beyond the clubs control 

and on last nights postings .. the statement that the club were putting pressure on supporters to buy a ST ....I don’t see it as putting pressure on supporters by announcing a deadline for purchase .. and stating reason why ...

If you think thst I was putting anybody down ..then I apologise..this is a message board where topics are debated but I always aim to be respectful of others opinions even those I don’t agree with and where they don’t agree with me 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Could I ask...

once we know how many season tickets are sold, will the remainder tickets to buy for each match be made available to buy on the club website?

if the 1333 figure banded around is correct then Tuesday night games will be about right and the Saturday games a couple of hundred will miss out if we are mid table, or a thousand + if we are top of the league.

Let’s hope some normality returns regards crowds in 2021

12 minutes ago, Grayski said:
TOP DEFINITION
an ancient christian sect known for their veneration of the sainted whore some times refered to as catholic.

Not sure who is been assolic :huh:

a word I had never heard of.....

Thanks Tommy

12 minutes ago, Grayski said:
TOP DEFINITION
an ancient christian sect known for their veneration of the sainted whore some times refered to as catholic.

Thanks Tommy

all I see there is ass lick?

30 minutes ago, Grayski said:
TOP DEFINITION

Thanks Tommy

Here you go Greyski:- I obviously spelt it wrong, but the sentiment is the same. And there's more than a few contributers to these threads. The ones who generally believe that their opinion and only their opinion is right and nobody else anywhere or ever are entitled to one!! And thus feel they are entitled to belittle any person who's opinion differs to theirs.

Assholic definition

assholic (comparative more assholic, superlative most assholic) (vulgar, informal) Of, pertaining to, being, or being like an asshole; used as a term of abuse.
29 minutes ago, Grayski said:

Could I ask...

once we know how many season tickets are sold, will the remainder tickets to buy for each match be made available to buy on the club website?

if the 1333 figure banded around is correct then Tuesday night games will be about right and the Saturday games a couple of hundred will miss out if we are mid table, or a thousand + if we are top of the league.

Let’s hope some normality returns regards crowds in 2021

Think it said on the club website .. that matches would be all ticket no cash on the door 

however it said they were still looking at how individual match day tickets would be sold 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Nick said:

Think it said on the club website .. that matches would be all ticket no cash on the door 

however it said they were still looking at how individual match day tickets would be sold 

Suspect they will have to as don't think season ticket take up will be massive. Still think the club need to look at half season or block match tickets.

If you aren't going to use a purchased season ticket you might be lowering the available match tickets based upon a crowd limit of 1200 or 1333.33333 . The same with free/cheap kids tickets if you don't use them . 

As for claiming refunds or not . That would be up to each individual and probably based upon how many games we have lost if the season gets cut short

1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

Here you go Greyski:- I obviously spelt it wrong, but the sentiment is the same. And there's more than a few contributers to these threads. The ones who generally believe that their opinion and only their opinion is right and nobody else anywhere or ever are entitled to one!! And thus feel they are entitled to belittle any person who's opinion differs to theirs.

Assholic definition

assholic (comparative more assholic, superlative most assholic) (vulgar, informal) Of, pertaining to, being, or being like an asshole; used as a term of abuse.

Is this Shaymen.net home schooling ?

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Wonder if they will arrange for home printing of tickets for out of towners?

2 hours ago, Grayski said:
TOP DEFINITION

Thanks Tommy

Bloody predictive text, Tommy meant to say  Stop being an Arsehole.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Our advanced system of Chadders distributing them at reception is miles ahead of any other club in the world

Don't knock it...it is not affected by a power cut, it is not affected by the internet being down, it requires no fail over system or backup generator, it is impervious to cyber attacks, viruses and being hacked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Don't knock it...it is not affected by a power cut, it is not affected by the internet being down, it requires no fail over system or backup generator, it is impervious to cyber attacks, viruses and being hacked.

Only problem you have omitted ITMAN is Mr. Cs brain and wind problems.

TommyH72 makes some great points. With a family to support, I'd struggle to buy a season ticket at this year's price but with all the uncertainty resulting from the COVID pandemic, I definitely won't be buying one. If that means I miss matches then so be it. It's the same with booking a holiday - it's just not worth the gamble right now. 

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Only problem you have omitted ITMAN is Mr. Cs brain and wind problems.

I think Louisa is the brains of the outfit, Chadders just follows orders. The wind issue is that an alternative source of energy or a problem with the old internals....:D

• Haha 1