Buy a season ticket or not .. with the closing date now on the 7th Sept 

you can still do the August September 160/150 split if you do it this weekend 

• Sad 1

lets hope it is a busy last week with a lot of fans holding on until the last week.

Were the team back at training yesterday?

Anybody sneak along to check out new faces ?

Edited by rdj

I'll be getting one because at this point we have been left with little option as I cant see non season ticket holders getting in to the bigger games with a larger allocation to away supporters. I would miss it if I didn't get one. 

However by the same token if circumstances change and we suddenly stop being aloud to go to games. I will be asking for a refund. Just because I can afford one doesnt mean I want to pay £300 for nothing. 

Unless the club of course came up with an alternate way to watch the games. Still wouldn't be ideal for the money paid but I might accept that as an alternative 

• Like 1

A lot of to do over nothing my Grandma used to say. Don't worry Donald Trump has a vaccine coming out in time for the November election, we will all be back to normal by January. Town will be top of the league crowds of 4000 plus from January onwards. My glass is always half full. 'They're coming to take me away ha haaa' They're coming to take me away'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I doubt we'll play games if a situation arises where fans are not allowed in stadiums . Clubs at our level can't afford that option

Alty posted a few weeks ago on their official site, that the guidance is what you haves said above. The season will not commence unless fans are allowed.

6 hours ago, Greggs said:

I'll be getting one because at this point we have been left with little option as I cant see non season ticket holders getting in to the bigger games with a larger allocation to away supporters. I would miss it if I didn't get one. 

However by the same token if circumstances change and we suddenly stop being aloud to go to games. I will be asking for a refund. Just because I can afford one doesnt mean I want to pay £300 for nothing. 

Unless the club of course came up with an alternate way to watch the games. Still wouldn't be ideal for the money paid but I might accept that as an alternative 

Surly for the bigger games the club would open all stands rather than lose out on valuable revenue.

30 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Am I right in saying that the North Stand capacity was reduced years ago due to structural issues, barriers I think? Am I dreaming this up? 

There was a problem with the terracing. The stand was built with the possibility of seating so with double width and double height, then to make into a standing terrace a layer of precast concrete blocks were added. The blocks would be able to be removed for seating but some started to move themselves and have now been fixed back in place. I think that’s the problem you’re referring to. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, rdj said:

Is no part of the Skircoat in a condition to allow use or is it the whole stand that is condemned?

The whole stand predominantly down to safety lighting. The council are looking at £30 million debt this years and no funds to sort it.

Also remember they are wanting to sell that section of land for development 

4 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

The whole stand predominantly down to safety lighting. The council are looking at £30 million debt this years and no funds to sort it.

Also remember they are wanting to sell that section of land for development 

Thy have already looked at one proposal for developing it as a hotel. That would have some interesting executive boxes....

When was this stand built?  25 years ago?  (My memory is poor for things that happened in the past)

How can something so new be "condemned"?

Sounds like so many council owned things, no maintenance and then eventually repairs needed cost a fortune.

A bit like Northgate House.  Less than 50 years old and according to the council not able to be repaired so lets move the library to the Piece Hall (at great cost) and demolish it to build a shopping centre.  Then Primark don't want to come to the new shopping centre so the idea is abandoned and soon after we CAN refurb the building and turn it into a 6th form college.  

• Like 2