Announcement tomorrow

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sam Osborne just left Notts County in search of regular first team football. Exciting young winger who’s won their young player of the year for 2 years running. Notts county have Roberts and Boldewijn

But Wild said every player has to train 4 days a week mandatory. If Browm cant do that. Hense his presence on the Transfer list. Why would Wild then select him. Doesnt set a good example to the rest o

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Probably because they would be getting a player with a good track record in the League above them and would be huge in National North .

Brown is slow at our level , he will still be slow in the league below.

Unless you set the team up like Fullarton did and defend deep to restrict the space behind to more or less your penalty area, he will be exposed by any moderately quick striker.

Hanson is a different conversation, really not sure what's gone off.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Norm said:

Brown is slow at our level , he will still be slow in the league below.

Unless you set the team up like Fullarton did and defend deep to restrict the space behind to more or less your penalty area, he will be exposed by any moderately quick striker.

Hanson is a different conversation, really not sure what's gone off.

Brown will do well but having both Brown and Clarke they are both slow ,I would rather keep Clarke he wasn’t in the National League team of the year for nothing 

8 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Brown will do well but having both Brown and Clarke they are both slow ,I would rather keep Clarke he wasn’t in the National League team of the year for nothing 

Clarke's brain and positioning makes up for his lack of speed. 

I spoke to a steward mate last week who said Wild had a reyt go at Browny in the tunnel last season because he was getting run ragged and out of position all the time one half but improved in the 2nd after the boll**king. I think it was the Hartlepool match. 

Can't see us getting any fee for Brown, teams with money are almost all going to be full time. If Brown could do full time football he wouldn't be leaving us.

Realistically the best we can hope might be a swap deal, if he joins a Conference North or Northern Premier side they might have a promising player we can use Brown as a makeweight in a deal for.

1 hour ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Why would they agree to walk away from a guaranteed wage? They’re both contracted for at least one more season

That was the question earlier, if they are contracted for another season, then yes it is not in the interest of the player to walk away. So, then it is not likely to be a transfer but a mutually agreed move to another club who are prepared to offer the same or better terms for each player. I would presume that bot players would rather be training and playing than sat around doing nothing.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

It's usually 7pm we announce things. I'm on tentahooks here. (however it's spelt or what they actually are!) 

Tender hooks!

They are what carcasses are hung on in the butchers while the meat matures!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, rdj said:

Well it is always being said we are one of the lower budget teams (paying lower wages), so on that basis, there should be a few teams who should have no problem matching what we pay.

Even Poundland are shooting envious glares at our fiscal outlay

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, SHAY man 2 said:

Where is this 28 year old centre back someone mentioned...

i mentioned that but dont take my word for it, as i said i got told we had signed a 23 year old and a 27/28 year old both centre backs, means nothing though and im definitely not part of the "in the know crowd" 

4 hours ago, Bobbins said:

Can't see us getting any fee for Brown, teams with money are almost all going to be full time. If Brown could do full time football he wouldn't be leaving us.

Realistically the best we can hope might be a swap deal, if he joins a Conference North or Northern Premier side they might have a promising player we can use Brown as a makeweight in a deal for.

He might go to Chester. He may be able to do full time if it’s a lot closer to home. He may do school runs (or something else) one day, and could maybe work that if his commute is greatly reduced.