• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plus I’m loving the effort that is going in to publicising these signings. There are teasers on social media. Followed by the big reveal. Then supported by a quote giving PW’s rationale for each signi

Why if he’s 34 is he suddenly not fit enough and needs some legs with him? If he’s looked after himself he could well be fitter than those younger players around him

If you look at his career to date and put it in the context of what Wild's spoken about for the coming season, I suspect he sees him bringing experience and an ability to help and direct other players

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Doesn't play he's coaching at Sunderland, so do know how fit he is, and he looked fit down Shay. 

He looked brilliant at town but did he not try playing at Alfreton the following season and called it a day.

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

He looked brilliant at town but did he not try playing at Alfreton the following season and called it a day.

To be honest I can't blame him for that. His head must have been all over the place after what he went through at Bradford and probably should have taken more time out of football after he got sacked than he did 

1 minute ago, Lewis said:

To be honest I can't blame him for that. His head must have been all over the place after what he went through at Bradford and probably should have taken more time out of football after he got sacked than he did 

Possibly quite true Lewis BC treated him abysmally and hope he got a payout from them. All I´m saying he will need some legs along side of him, he won´t be able to run for 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

By my reckoning that's 11 players signed up. So still 9 to go. Plenty of signings to come

No, I only get 10, unless you’re counting Williams, who is still in the pending tray!

6 minutes ago, AJS said:

I’m not convinced with this one. Type Martin Woods Dundee into twitter and it makes for very bad reading. They absolutely hate him 

Well we already have a captain and leader. All we need him to do is be able to pass a football. 

He'll get a fair shot from me. 

2 hours ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Michael Woods was at Dover, this is Martin

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

That´s michael Woods Martin 01/01/86

Sorry guys, I did have the wrong lad!!! Would have been a bugger if it had been one of the quiz questions!!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Well we already have a captain and leader. All we need him to do is be able to pass a football. 

He'll get a fair shot from me. 

7 minutes ago, Ash said:

Similar to when Barrow fans will have typed Scott Quigley Halifax 12 months ago

There’s a difference between not rating someone and hating them. He got relegated with both Ross County and Dundee and was telling fans to F off. 

I’ll give the lad a chance but I’m not convinced on paper. Hopefully him sitting out the 19/20 season might have done him some good. Wild has taken a gamble on this one.

1 minute ago, halifaxmark said:

I think weve made some good signings. Love how people mention they look brilliant in the videos though, does anyone remember seeing odelusi's promo video when we signed him... looked class...

Talking of which is he still retired or has he turned up at a team in deepest London?

11 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

A footballers legs going are nothing to do with fitness either eddie it just a thing that happens.

If he can sit in the centre circle & direct operations, providing accurate passes he will do me, let Earing & Maher do the running.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AJS said:

There’s a difference between not rating someone and hating them. He got relegated with both Ross County and Dundee and was telling fans to F off. 

I’ll give the lad a chance but I’m not convinced on paper. Hopefully him sitting out the 19/20 season might have done him some good. Wild has taken a gamble on this one.

The fact that he sat a season out means we have probably got him quite cheap!

1 minute ago, Norm said:

The fact that he sat a season out means we have probably got him quite cheap!

Considering he’s only ever played football league or Scottish prem, it could also mean he’s one of our higher earners due to his experience. It’s a hard one to call.

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

Considering he’s only ever played football league or Scottish prem, it could also mean he’s one of our higher earners due to his experience. It’s a hard one to call.

He probably does not fit into the "journeyman" bracket that we were expecting when all the doom and gloom was being mentioned.

9 minutes ago, AJS said:

It leaves you slightly questioning his motivation. Is there a reason - being Scottish born and playing up in Scotland for the last few years - why he would be interested in joining us? (Though I appreciate he has played for a number of Yorkshire clubs so could be based locally.)