37 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Are you DB in disguise?

Nope .. just a supporter who lives mainly in Norway .. who only get to see a few games. 
but as people say on here no supporters no club .. and supporters help fund a club.. no funds no club 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to have 20 minutes to myself this afternoon and watch/listen to the interview. I love having a manager who is in tune and doesn't talk crap. I know it's a results game but you can tell he unde

I hope fans back him by getting a season ticket

I think most genuine, life long fans would class raising the money as helping out the club when they desperately needed it to be able to take part in the play offs, not subsidising the owner!!

great interview...really think pete wilds the man to take us to the next level...its understandable that people dont want to buy a season ticket with what's going on that's there choice...I have and I understand  if I miss some games I just want to help my club as much as I can...hopefully we will all be able to watch soon...I'm excited to see what other players are coming in..let's keep the buzz going...stid

Just a thought, with people holding off buying season tickets, for whatever reason.

Would it be feasible, financially sound, to offer a season ticket for the first half of the season at £150 like in the way that season tickets have been attempted to be sold for the second half of the season.  If we do well then fans would likely also buy a second half of the season ticket, if we are not doing well - that is the gamble.

It seems that in these difficult times fans may find it easier to be able to find £150 . It would still be early cash for the club.

If season ticket buyers don't buy a season ticket they will still pay on the gate (if allowed) or buy match tickets (if required) so any short term pain that the club might be experiencing will (return of crowds to sporting events permitting) turn into a long term gain . In the meantime, throwing our life savings to the club isn't an option .

• Like 1
8 hours ago, pen21 said:

Did he say 20 games before the end of the year, plus could anyone clarify the supporters club dining package is for the value of £40.00

I will get confirmation of the full details for the dining option and get back to you.

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Nope .. just a supporter who lives mainly in Norway .. who only get to see a few games. 
but as people say on here no supporters no club .. and supporters help fund a club.. no funds no club 

You are a true supporter if you have bought a season ticket & not in a position to use it. I am guessing your salary is at Norwegian levels if so I have to say £300.00 will impact your pocket less than say a UK based pensioner or minimum wage earner.

I think Wrexhams idea of selling tickets in blocks of 10 was a good idea. Completely uncertain times and much as I would love to commit to shelling out my hard earned cash, I'm sorry but I'm not buying into it. Until we know for certain when and where we will be kicking off then my money is staying with me. I bought into the donations that recently took place, i bought a shirt entered the "raffles" etc etc, all the things that we were basically asked to do, but I cant justify £300 for something that is not guaranteed to happen. Also, I'll just remind those that may have forgot, but prior to the donations we made recently, we gave up our last 3 home tickets, ok, only £24.00, but that was £20 / 30,000 into the clubs coffers. I think we have done plenty to help out.

Edited by TommyH72
1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

I think Wrexhams idea of selling tickets in blocks of 10 was a good idea. Completely uncertain times and much as I would love to commit to shelling out my hard earned cash, I'm sorry but I'm not buying into it. Until we know for certain when and where we will be kicking off then my money is staying with me. I bought into the donations that recently took place, i bought a shirt, all the things that we were basically asked to do, but I cant justify £300 for something that is not guaranteed to happen. Also, I'll just remind those that may have forgot, but prior to the donations we made recently, we gave up our last 3 home tickets, ok, only £24.00, but that was £20 / 30,000 into the clubs coffers. I think we have done plenty to help out.

Tend to agree with the above. If the club is going to be impacted by prolonged lockdown would happily chuck a one off £40.00 similar to the playoff contribution.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I think Wrexhams idea of selling tickets in blocks of 10 was a good idea. Completely uncertain times and much as I would love to commit to shelling out my hard earned cash, I'm sorry but I'm not buying into it. Until we know for certain when and where we will be kicking off then my money is staying with me. I bought into the donations that recently took place, i bought a shirt entered the "raffles" etc etc, all the things that we were basically asked to do, but I cant justify £300 for something that is not guaranteed to happen. Also, I'll just remind those that may have forgot, but prior to the donations we made recently, we gave up our last 3 home tickets, ok, only £24.00, but that was £20 / 30,000 into the clubs coffers. I think we have done plenty to help out.

Completely agree. I feel guilty not buying a season ticket but I just can’t justify it at the moment. After donating to several initiatives and not asking for a refund on the remaining games,  I feel I’ve done my part for the time being. Once we get some more solid info regarding spectators, I will purchase a season ticket immediately if we are allowed in. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

It was hardly the clubs fault the season got cut short, that wasn't money for nothing for the club as you suggest they missed out on 3 games income from non ST plus away fans.

Be surprised if anyone claimed it back.

4 minutes ago, greygoose said:

It was hardly the clubs fault the season got cut short, that wasn't money for nothing for the club as you suggest they missed out on 3 games income from non ST plus away fans.

DB said 2 did in an interview.

12 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Nobodies saying it was the clubs fault, and as Steve says, I believe only two did ask for their money back, I'm merely pointing out that the club got between £20/30 grand free gratis. You say the club missed out on 3 games income from non ST holders, I don't see the point there, why would they get money for a non event? Oh yeah they did, they got £20/30 grand from us ST holders. And they say charity begins at home!!! There's being a life long supporter and then there's being an idiot handing out money for nothing and I'm a bit sick of not knowing which category I fall into

My point is the club lost potential gate money by not being able to host the game. Your suggestion is the club made money by not playing when infact they lost it. 

Also remember ST are paid for well in advance and are heavily discounted so the pay on the day customers are crucial in order to make a profit at the point of the game.

• Like 1

The fans raised over £51k for the play off push. Obviously we failed and so surely there should be a considerable amount of that money left. I would like to know how much is left, what we spent the money on (exactly) and if there is a surplus, what are the plans for it. Like a lot of fans, I didn`t ask for my season ticket refund, I put £60 in to the fund and then the legends card. I would very much like to know if there is a plan to give the majority of the money to the club as and when they need it. (obviously the fan club needs some working capital).

I`m not being nasty here, I would like to know so that I can recommend that the money goes to the club. How fantastic would it be if we (the fans) bought a player or something else significant.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, greygoose said:

My point is the club lost potential gate money by not being able to host the game. Your suggestion is the club made money by not playing when infact they lost it. 

Also remember ST are paid for well in advance and are heavily discounted so the pay on the day customers are crucial in order to make a profit at the point of the game.

Im not suggesting Greygoose, its a fact!!! They made £20/30K in tickets that were not used, and we the "fans" very generously told the club they could keep the money!! The bit you are trying to "suggest" didnt happen, it was a non event so therefore the club lost nothing. You cant lose what you never had. We then very generously donated £51K as shown in Arryarry's thread to further fund the clubs promotion push (I now have 3 shirts I try to hide from the wife). So effectively, since 14th March 2020, we the "fans" have given the club in excess of £71,000.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

Im not suggesting Greygoose, its a fact!!! They made £20/30K in tickets that were not used, and we the "fans" very generously told the club they could keep the money!! The bit you are trying to "suggest" didnt happen, it was a non event so therefore the club lost nothing. You cant lose what you never had. We then very generously donated £51K as shown in Arryarry's thread to further fund the clubs promotion push (I now have 3 shirts I try to hide from the wife). So effectively, since 14th March 2020, we the "fans" have given the club in excess of £71,000.

Tommy, I think what Greygoose is referring to is the loss of the income the club would have expected to receive from the 3 remaining home games over and above the revenue from advance sales to S/T holders. With the games not being played, yes technically a non-event, the potential revenue would have been around the £48,000, based on average attendance figures to that point when the season ended. Yes, there were some savings in terms of not having to travel for 5 away games, but this would still have left a hole in the budget the club had set off with at the start of the season, before we had the CV-19 disruption from March onwards. The downside of the "lost" home games is also that we had Barrow, the top of the table due to come on a BH Friday which would no doubt would have swelled the coffers even more. The generous waiving of the return of S/T money for games not played helped enormously to mitigate the dent in the budget, but you can see why with the introduction of the additional expenses that Covid testing and protocols added "Project Playoffs" was necessary if we were to attempt to gain promotion via the playoff route.

I think it is fair however to reassess what the final amount raised by the fans was if we take into account the amount written off for season ticket revenue for the 3 games cancelled. This as you say, in effect raises the total from the supporters to £77,000. A pretty good effort for a club that only pulls in just short of 2,000 home fans on average. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Roy Race said:

You are a true supporter if you have bought a season ticket & not in a position to use it. I am guessing your salary is at Norwegian levels if so I have to say £300.00 will impact your pocket less than say a UK based pensioner or minimum wage earner.

I denote the equivalent of an ST that way there is no VAT ..and then do other odd sponsorships. .. 

then on the few home trips I do the dining .. might as well make an event of it.. 

Currently not working .. may retire or may take another job .. just enjoying life 

• Like 2

Interesting point about rebalancing the money. Implying IMO that not enough money was spent on some parts of the line up (strikers?), so makes me wonder if some of those offered new contracts were at a reduced rate. If so he must have expected more to leave than he released.

As Wilder used to say he had to shop at Netto (Aldi for the younger ones on here). So be interesting what comes next as I doubt that Hyde has come off the bargain counter.

For season tickets you can only purchase up to the first game of the season ..as it stands..

So if the first three games are behind closed doors then... and you wait to buy a season ticket past the first game .. then you won’t be able to buy the season ticket as the closing date has past. 

just a thought 

19 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Tommy, I think what Greygoose is referring to is the loss of the income the club would have expected to receive from the 3 remaining home games over and above the revenue from advance sales to S/T holders. With the games not being played, yes technically a non-event, the potential revenue would have been around the £48,000, based on average attendance figures to that point when the season ended. Yes, there were some savings in terms of not having to travel for 5 away games, but this would still have left a hole in the budget the club had set off with at the start of the season, before we had the CV-19 disruption from March onwards. The downside of the "lost" home games is also that we had Barrow, the top of the table due to come on a BH Friday which would no doubt would have swelled the coffers even more. The generous waiving of the return of S/T money for games not played helped enormously to mitigate the dent in the budget, but you can see why with the introduction of the additional expenses that Covid testing and protocols added "Project Playoffs" was necessary if we were to attempt to gain promotion via the playoff route.

I think it is fair however to reassess what the final amount raised by the fans was if we take into account the amount written off for season ticket revenue for the 3 games cancelled. This as you say, in effect raises the total from the supporters to £77,000. A pretty good effort for a club that only pulls in just short of 2,000 home fans on average. 

I know exactly what he's getting at Itman, but if's and buts count for nothing. I think that we as supporters of the club have been more than generous in what we have put into the club, I cant ever remember anyone donating anything to my business back in 2008 when times got tight. You see I have huge issues with how people run companies and their lack of funds. What I get fed up of is people writing threads that are tantamount to accusing people of not being "fans" or supporters of the club because we wont buy ST's until there is something to actually support. Someone wrote in an earlier thread, "it would be nice to see whats happened to the £50K" raised, and actually I agree, lets see some figures as to where that money was spent, whats left and how it's intended to be used? As I see it thats "our" money! Somebody somewhere is accountable.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Interesting point about rebalancing the money. Implying IMO that not enough money was spent on some parts of the line up (strikers?), so makes me wonder if some of those offered new contracts were at a reduced rate. If so he must have expected more to leave than he released.

As Wilder used to say he had to shop at Netto (Aldi for the younger ones on here). So be interesting what comes next as I doubt that Hyde has come off the bargain counter.

You are not the only one with thoughts thatf lower contracts may have been offered.

Presumably PW had plans ready  in the expectation that some existing players would not accept the new terms.

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

For season tickets you can only purchase up to the first game of the season ..as it stands..

So if the first three games are behind closed doors then... and you wait to buy a season ticket past the first game .. then you won’t be able to buy the season ticket as the closing date has past. 

just a thought 

Perhaps it is a rule that needs waiving during these unusual times.

• Like 1