• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to have 20 minutes to myself this afternoon and watch/listen to the interview. I love having a manager who is in tune and doesn't talk crap. I know it's a results game but you can tell he unde

I hope fans back him by getting a season ticket

I think most genuine, life long fans would class raising the money as helping out the club when they desperately needed it to be able to take part in the play offs, not subsidising the owner!!

He certainly talks the talk. Let’s hope he backs it up. The comments in particular about fighting league 2 clubs off for Hyde, signing players of similar quality to Hyde, signing all our first choice picks and travelling up and down the country to meet potential new players excites me.

• Like 3
Just now, Roy Race said:

Not tempted at all until there is more certainty of the season actually starting, we have not only to deal with covid but a sport apathetic Council.

Thats my thinking too. I want one but i cant get one without knowing if k can attend or not. 

19 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Not tempted at all until there is more certainty of the season actually starting, we have not only to deal with covid but a sport apathetic Council.

Could really do with some clarity (from all involved parties) by the end of this month

• Like 1

I think people need to remember and I'm in the no season ticket yet club aswell is the uncertainty is still there. The infection rates going back up. We live currently in a hotspot for it. We dont know if fans will be let back in or if its later in the season etc. Far too much uncertainly still to be committing to parting with £300 

Remember the club are signing players and paying players ..if you are in a position to buy a season ticket ..let’s do it 

yes we might miss a few home games .. but every club needs the supporters.. the clubs bills just like our bills need paying

so if you able .. but a season ticket 

• Like 2

Great interview 

he has a plan and knows what he wants .. 

first time I have ever heard this from any town manger .. nothing random on what he is doing 

Great interview. I think that Wilder was the last manager we had whose responses we actually understood. This guy is exactly the same. Obviously he is a good talker but I am more of a believer now than I was last season. PW talks sense. No bulls***. If I was a player, I`d be signing for him. 

I struggled initially to find it so I`ve put a link on here for every forum member to watch. Good use of 20 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpXAJYWgBGY&feature=youtu.be

• Like 3
1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

Thats my thinking too. I want one but i cant get one without knowing if k can attend or not. 

OK, so it would appear that the majority of supporters agree that the direction the club is going in is a positive thing in amongst all of the uncertainty going on in general. The announcements and interviews are sending the right messages, the players retained and player signed so far sends out a positive message. The consensus is that PW seems to know what he is doing, he is certainly well liked and trust in his judgement is on the up.

At the same time we have a situation where the majority of last season's Season Ticket holders are undecided on whether to renew their S/T's or whether they can afford the increase from £199 to £299. In a "normal" season, we would be getting ready for pre-season games and season tickets would have been bought, giving the Club some stability in knowing what the potential income for the season was going to be.

However, these are not "normal" times, for the supporters or the Club. We saw how the fans rallied round for "Project Playoffs" and an amazing amount was raised in a very short space of time, on a par with the totals raised by bigger clubs with a bigger fan base. Based on the numbers made public so far, the income from Season Ticket sales so far for the 2020/21 season is around 73% lower than for last season, this leaves Mr B. and the Club with a very large hole in any budget they may have.

Based on the reluctance of supporters to commit to a Season Ticket, all for very valid reasons, and not something to castigate them for, what are the alternatives. We saw during "Project Playoffs" some innovative and creative ideas for generating funds. We had the virtual tickets, we had the football cards, very successfully managed by the AFC Halifax members, and we had offers from the club as rewards for donations of varying amounts. All of this was done in a great spirit of pulling together and putting the needs of the Club first in order to meet a particular goal. Unfortunately, the main aim was not something that ended as we all wanted, but it still showed enough of the progress that had been made since the dark days of the opening of the 2019/20 season, that we all want to continue this progress and move onwards and upwards.   

So what can we as fans/supporters do to send the Club and Mr. B, as well as PW and the players, a positive message? Well, those who can afford to would I hope commit to purchasing a Season Ticket, this is one of the best ways to send a positive message to the Club, PW and the players, as well as saving yourself some brass at the same time, should the season go ahead on the 3rd October as announced. Alternatively, for those who still feel they cannot commit to a S/T for whatever reason but would still want to show some form of financial support to the Club, as a sign of their belief that things are moving forward and this should continue, they could join the Supporters Club and take out one of the Gold memberships. This would be a lower monthly commitment of £20 per month, of which all £20, no VAT involved, would be held by the Supporters Club to be released as and when required to the Club. If this is done in the same mindset as we had for "Project Playoffs" in that it would have been money you would have spent anyway, if the times were "normal", going to a home game, then it helps to bridge the gap in the finances that the Club now faces. When you take into account the benefits offered with the Gold membership:

• All the benefits of the normal supporters' club membership plus:- 

• A FREE match programme for every home league game (£69) or a dining for two voucher for any home league game 

• A FREE home or away 20/21 replica shirt (£50)

• FREE entry and food to an evening with the Gaffer (??)

This would in work out effectively at around £10 a month in real terms. So, a Supporters Club Gold membership also provides excellent value for money for both the Club and the supporters. If we want to see the progress made last season continue this next season, then we need a sustainable vehicle for raising funds in the most cost effective manner, this marks the first step in the campaign, which will see other initiatives, to run alongside the existing fundraising ideas to try to achieve this. Let's see if we can get 100 supporters to take up the challenge as a way of setting the tone for the remainder of the new season.

STID   

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Nick said:

Remember the club are signing players and paying players ..if you are in a position to buy a season ticket ..let’s do it 

yes we might miss a few home games .. but every club needs the supporters.. the clubs bills just like our bills need paying

so if you able .. but a season ticket 

Are you DB in disguise?