Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Flea said:

He didn't do enough for me. However, there is something about him that excites and his past shows that he is more than good enough at this level if he can get back to being match fit and motivated. 

Had it been my call I'd have tried to keep him. I certainly wouldn't have released him whilst trying to keep TSS. Of the strikers left at our  club at the end of the season just gone Redshaw would have been the one  I'd have backed to be our top scorer if we kept the same players for another season. 

A readymade replacement for Cam as midfield playmaker ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Well personally you could tell with him some of the goals he scored his movement was there and it was smart movement. His goal against Torquay for example. Peeling to the back post to finish. He seemed a smart footballer to me. 

His goal at Barnet was similar. Dropped off at the back post and finished neatly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Redshaw started 9 games and came on as sub in 4. He played 2 FA Trophy games and scored 2 goals.  So that makes him pretty damn potent in my book Greygoose. Thats a 1 in 3 striker, better than anything we've had for a long time. Rodney apart, but I'm not even going there, been done to death!!!

I quite liked him myself tbh but after a bright start he certainly faded.

Would not of been dissapointed had he stayed but he was no doubt on decent money and maybe couldn't commit to extra day?

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flea said:

He didn't do enough for me. However, there is something about him that excites and his past shows that he is more than good enough at this level if he can get back to being match fit and motivated. 

Had it been my call I'd have tried to keep him. I certainly wouldn't have released him whilst trying to keep TSS. Of the strikers left at our  club at the end of the season just gone Redshaw would have been the one  I'd have backed to be our top scorer if we kept the same players for another season. 

wise words

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Redshaw has shown he is a journeyman chasing the money... good for him that’s his choice 

what we need is young guys chasing the dream of playing football at higher levels .. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nick said:

Redshaw has shown he is a journeyman chasing the money... good for him that’s his choice 

what we need is young guys chasing the dream of playing football at higher levels .. 

 

With 4 Kids he will need the money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nick said:

Redshaw has shown he is a journeyman chasing the money... good for him that’s his choice 

what we need is young guys chasing the dream of playing football at higher levels .. 

 

No he hasn't. He was at Morecambe for a fair while and was scoring goals but he got injured. He'd been out of the game for a while and Pete Wild gave him a chance last season. Wild then deemed him surplus to requirements and he's found another club. 

How is that chasing the money? 

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shaycrazy said:

With 4 Kids he will need the money.

That’s what kids go to you .. you stop chasing the dream and face reality of money in the door and food on the table .. we need dream chasers .. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

No he hasn't. He was at Morecambe for a fair while and was scoring goals but he got injured. He'd been out of the game for a while and Pete Wild gave him a chance last season. Wild then deemed him surplus to requirements and he's found another club. 

How is that chasing the money? 

Because he has taken a step down .. good for him .. no problem with that shows he is using his head and not his heart.. he understands the best of his career is behind him .. so he is being sensible and taking the money .. 

we need players that still dream of better things, still believe the best is in front of them and they still have the heart to chase it.. sooner or later the head or reality catches up.. too all of us 

Edited by Nick
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nick said:

That’s what kids go to you .. you stop chasing the dream and face reality of money in the door and food on the table .. we need dream chasers .. 

Are you on a wind up? Jack Redshaw's contract was up and we didn't renew it. He has signed for York because he didn't have a club. 

I hope this helps you to understand because the comments you've made are not only untrue, but they're also out of order. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Are you on a wind up? Jack Redshaw's contract was up and we didn't renew it. He has signed for York because he didn't have a club. 

I hope this helps you to understand because the comments you've made are not only untrue, but they're also out of order. 

Well thats your opinion ..not sure why they are out of order.. or come to that untrue .. so far think he is the only player to take a step down ? I don’t see what’s wrong with that .. his head is ruling his decision as I said good for him 

Edited by Nick
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nick said:

Because he has taken a step down .. good for him .. no problem with that shows he is using his head and not his heart.. he understands the best of his career is behind him .. so he is being sensible and taking the money .. 

we need players that still dream of better things, still believe the best is in front of them and they still have the heart to chase it.. sooner or later the head or reality catches up.. too all of us 

He didn't have a club, or any offers from teams in our league. He has a poor history when it comes to injuries so it's still a gamble for York, and potentially for Jack too, because I'm sure he'll get clattered once or twice in that league. 

But this isn't about money it's about signing for a new club when you don't have a contract anywhere else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nick said:

Well thats your opinion ..not sure why they are out of order.. so far think he is the only player to take a step down ? I don’t see what’s wrong with that .. his head is ruling his decision as I said good for him 

Nick, this is really simple to understand so why you can't is beyond me. 

He has been released and not offered a new deal. He has received an offer from York and no offer in our league. So, he has taken the offer from York partly because he doesn't have another offer in our league. At the same time, York could potentially go up next season so he coukd be back playing in our league the season after. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And Staunton TSS cooper Josh King also didn’t have or turned down contracts .. they did not step down .. but again good for him ..

again we need players who are prepared to take the chance because they believe they can go higher .. 

and .. “why you can’t understand that is beyond me”

Edited by Nick
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nick said:

And Staunton TSS cooper Josh King also didn’t have or turned down contracts .. they did not step down .. but again good for him ..

again we need players who are prepared to take the chance because they believe they can go higher .. 

and .. “why you can’t understand that is beyond me”

They were all offered contracts at The Shay. 

Redshaw WASN'T offered a new contract at The Shay. So if you haven't been offered a new contract you can't turn it doen for more money. TSS, Sho Siva, Cam King were all offered new deals but left for different reasons. 

Redshaw WASN'T offered a new deal. 

He probably haf an offet from York and thought that'll do. Perhaps it's less training. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...