39 minutes ago, AJS said:

I would suggest the tweet that has just come out about the sponsor for the home shirt might be the ‘good news’

Even though Spud told us all on here that his firm is spobsoring the home shirt for next season. 

He told us in the days leading up to the play off game. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know we are in unprecedented times with  this covid and a late finish to our season but we do always seem to be the last to announce any signings. Would be nice just to get 1 announced just to get t

No we won’t sign players until we can get going properly again with Calderdale and surrounding areas are in lockdown and the Shay is shut why would waste money on players when there is no prospect of

Skircoat Boot Boys

This is a mirror of last year kept waiting for recruitments .what is so different at the shay  that we struggle to sign players are we that bad payers. We have a good stadium decent crowds yet everybody else seems to be well on the way to building a team and we have nothing yet announced. And to be honest I would have kept brown and  given him what he wanted  even if just for six months I just think he held the team together in moral . We all expected to struggle last year  we got lucky .i can’t see doing the same this time the spine is gone . Not being negative  just saying as it is. Up the town.

25 minutes ago, thevicar said:

This is a mirror of last year kept waiting for recruitments .what is so different at the shay  that we struggle to sign players are we that bad payers. We have a good stadium decent crowds yet everybody else seems to be well on the way to building a team and we have nothing yet announced. And to be honest I would have kept brown and  given him what he wanted  even if just for six months I just think he held the team together in moral . We all expected to struggle last year  we got lucky .i can’t see doing the same this time the spine is gone . Not being negative  just saying as it is. Up the town.

brown is going to be a big miss and your right about brown keeping moral up....I think we can build another spine to the team hopefully Pete wild will get it all sorted...keep the faith

Edited by Sparrow
37 minutes ago, SHAY man 2 said:

I think its Stride Suppliers

Nope it's Boss Training. And remember the home shirt has a main sponsor plus sleeve and neck.

Edited by chadders
32 minutes ago, thevicar said:

One word, money. 

3 hours ago, thevicar said:

How can we sign players when we aren’t playing games with spectators watching.If we have no money coming in we cannot sign players it’s pretty simple really.

14 hours ago, thevicar said:

Decent crowds .. think we were about tenth in the league for crowd level. 
think it is a bit of a case .. good ground good training facilities.. decent support ... now show me the money .. we run a relatively tight ship .. but even then spend more money than is coming in .. 

Brown was happy with the money he was on and is still under contract .. but imagine a squad where everybody trains an extra day than the club captain and yet he get to play .. that would not be good for player morale 

and you are being negative ... let’s wait and see  

Edited by Nick

Some of our contributors to the forum with contacts within the club may be able to answer the following questions regarding contracts

Do we offer 52 week contracts

What date do yearly contracts expire

Do clubs pay signing on fees

Presumably all clubs pay agent fees

in view of the current cash flow position have the club deliberately not offered contracts to new players to save money or does our budget makes us bargain basement operators

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Some of our contributors to the forum with contacts within the club may be able to answer the following questions regarding contracts

in view of the current cash flow position have the club deliberately not offered contracts to new players to save money or does our budget makes us bargain basement operators

Wasn't it mentioned that it was 38 weeks ?

Presumably extended for play offs and then players at end of contract would get paid for one month after the end of the contract ?

3 hours ago, Bill Atkins said:

Good points Bill. If the proposed start to the new season in Oct does not start because of another spike in CV19 the more 'prudent' clubs, who have held off in the scramble to sign players, could benefit if the season is put back and clubs have to pay players with no income. A fine game of brinkmanship but i am confident there are still plenty of good players out there.

A lot of clubs are in financial meltdown and an enforced delay in the start of the 'new' season could see them go over edge. A difficult quandary which many Boards will be pondering over.

15 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

How can we sign players when we aren’t playing games with spectators watching.If we have no money coming in we cannot sign players it’s pretty simple really.

at this rate will we have enough players to form a squad lol, i trust wild but give us something to cling to will ya town. Whats happening with signings or are you off up to saville park scouting or what?

Thing is unless you have a rich benefactor how can you sign anybody. What do you say we will offer you a contract possibly starting September  but if the season doesn't  start it may be the beginning of October  or there again perhaps next year.

Town are in the same boat as most other clubs they have no income so how can you pay anybody.

Until the country realises that you cannot stop life because of covid19 and you have to get on with it were in this limbo.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

Thank you Michael Winner or is it David Cameron!

Just giving the local facts.

It has to be said it is quite depressing.

Let's hope they don't close the pubs again.

That would tip me over the edge!

It’s not pubs that are spreading it. How many pubs in Pellon East? I can only think of the Running Man, aptly named in escaping the area.

• Like 1