4 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

I'm not bullying WB?? I wasn't sure what this ruling was, but it seems that its the National league don't allow the streaming of games into pubs, and I'm just pointing out the flaws in the plan.

This is taken from the NL Rules:

8.30 Match Videos.

The Home Club in all matches played under the jurisdiction of the Competition shall film the game in its entirety with an uninterrupted view and provide a full match video to a content management solution as specified by the Competition and in a timeframe as determined by the Competition. The Away Club may film the match if this is agreed by the Home Club, such agreement is not to be unreasonably withheld. Clubs are permitted to use or duplicate match footage with the permission of the Competition only. Filming shall be in a format as directed by the National League from time to time.

• Like 1
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know we are in unprecedented times with  this covid and a late finish to our season but we do always seem to be the last to announce any signings. Would be nice just to get 1 announced just to get t

No we won’t sign players until we can get going properly again with Calderdale and surrounding areas are in lockdown and the Shay is shut why would waste money on players when there is no prospect of

Skircoat Boot Boys

36 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

This is taken from the NL Rules:

8.30 Match Videos.

The Home Club in all matches played under the jurisdiction of the Competition shall film the game in its entirety with an uninterrupted view and provide a full match video to a content management solution as specified by the Competition and in a timeframe as determined by the Competition. The Away Club may film the match if this is agreed by the Home Club, such agreement is not to be unreasonably withheld. Clubs are permitted to use or duplicate match footage with the permission of the Competition only. Filming shall be in a format as directed by the National League from time to time.

How does that apply to Streaming?  That is just videoing games to show at a later date, or that's how it reads to me??

40 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

How does that apply to Streaming?  That is just videoing games to show at a later date, or that's how it reads to me??

Exactly, live streaming is not permitted without permission of the NL, especially while the game is taking place. I can dig out from somewhere the restrictions also placed on the clubs by the BT Sports contract which gives them exclusive rights to show live games. So if anything it will probably be BT blocking it.

The Stockport game mentioned elsewhere is a friendly match so is not covered under the BT Sports contract.

12 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Exactly, live streaming is not permitted without permission of the NL, especially while the game is taking place. I can dig out from somewhere the restrictions also placed on the clubs by the BT Sports contract which gives them exclusive rights to show live games. So if anything it will probably be BT blocking it.

The Stockport game mentioned elsewhere is a friendly match so is not covered under the BT Sports contract.

Yes, that all figures, the NL want control over everything that goes on!! But, getting back to my point then, If clubs were given the all clear to stream games the clubs just wont make enough to cover the cost of getting it transmitted. Landlords will just show it in their bars and make what they can over the bar. Cant blame them, they are in dire straits as well.

1 minute ago, Gavlar said:

Don’t know why the club haven’t given us an update regarding the offers given too players. Jamie Allen confirmed to me today. He is staying 

Good news if true. Very good impact sub. All seems very odd. Surely the friendlies can’t have been the ‘good news’ they were referring to. That’s just standard practice 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Is it significant all the games announced are away......here we go another disfunctional pre season.

Why the hell would we want to play a home game at The Shay behind closed doors?

The council would want us to resume paying rent, we would have to pay for the gas, electric, the refs, food, testing etc.... and not be able to get a single penny in through the gates.

All pre-season is without fans. In this situation, it makes sense for our club to try play EVERY game away as it will cut our costs down. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Flea said:

The council would want us to resume paying rent, we would have to pay for the gas, electric, the refs, food, testing etc.... and not be able to get a single penny in through the gates.

All pre-season is without fans. In this situation, it makes sense for our club to try play EVERY game away as it will cut our costs down. 

Agree.

Would also hope we commit to play the lower league teams we play away, next season as well.

Just so that we can boost the coffers in 12 months in return for the generosity

18 minutes ago, Flea said:

Fair points

Just now, shaymandownsouff said:

Agree.

Would also hope we commit to play the lower league teams we play away, next season as well.

Just so that we can boost the coffers in 12 months in return for the generosity

I would be happy playing the first 5/6 games away as things are.

4 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

We would hopefully make more money later in the season, we have also agreed the main sponsor.

Yes, if things settle down and the rules around social distancing relax then it might be beneficial financially to play away at first. Hopefully, it would not affect our performances though. 

Why are we (or seem to be) the only team who keep hush hush EVERY preseason? Clubs in and around us announcing signings daily. It frustrates the crap out of me. Looking at the pre-season friendlies. The Hudds u19 seems a tad strange. Maybe PW is hoping to tap into a few loans from our neighbours

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

Why are we (or seem to be) the only team who keep hush hush EVERY preseason? Clubs in and around us announcing signings daily. It frustrates the crap out of me. Looking at the pre-season friendlies. The Hudds u19 seems a tad strange. Maybe PW is hoping to tap into a few loans from our neighbours

Spot on. Some will say well it's still early we are being smart waiting for players to reduce what they want blah blah blah. Like you say we seem to be the only team not making signings. 

We gave a deadline to last seasons squad to make a decision by the end of the week a week or so back and still we haven't heard anything. 

Its very frustrating as you say. I find it very hard to believe 3 and a half weeks before pre season starts that we haven't signed a single player. The squad should all be in place before pre season starts. I can't see that happening. 

But at least we've got a fancy new home and away sponsor 

10 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

We don’t keep it hush hush. Our problem I imagine is money, we really really really have to sell the club to the player. I imagine all the players that the likes of Stockport, Hartlepool, etc have signed are players that we were trying to sign as well. We are not going to be signing the Connor Jennings or Mcallums of this league, the only signings we will make where the players are highly rated by the fans are those signed from a league or two below us. Like Cameron king was at kings Lynn. Someone like montell Gibson? From Halesowen is the sort of  player i expect us to sign, along with a bunch of journey man league 2 and conf players.

Edited by shaymen down under
5 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

We don’t keep it hush hush. Our problem I imagine is money, we really really really have to sell the club to the player. I imagine all the players that the likes of Stockport, Hartlepool, etc have signed are players that we were trying to sign as well. We are not going to be signing the Connor Jennings or Mcallums of this league, the only signings we will make where the players are highly rated by the fans are those signed from a league or two below us. Like Cameron king was at kings Lynn. Someone like montell Gibson? From Halesowen is the sort of  player i expect us to sign, along with a bunch of journey man league 2 and conf players.

Montel Gibson signing for Grimsby by the sounds of it 

Just now, shaymen down under said:

Throw £1500 a week at players and we would have signed two squads by now. After last seasons lack of signings until almost the first game of season. PW can take as long as he wants for me.

As long as we have the majority of the squad in place for the first friendly 

I'm really beginning to wonder when we are going to return to some sort of normality in Halifax.

New cases in Pellon East in the last recorded week have now jumped to 34 from 20 and 21 in the previous weeks.

The more testing is done the more they are going to find.

If we were in New Zealand we would be completely locked down!

Nationwide new cases are also increasing.

Not a cat in hell's chance of football at the Shay in the near future unless the Government 'move the goalposts'!

6 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I'm really beginning to wonder when we are going to return to some sort of normality in Halifax.

New cases in Pellon East in the last recorded week have now jumped to 34 from 20 and 21 in the previous weeks.

The more testing is done the more they are going to find.

If we were in New Zealand we would be completely locked down!

Nationwide new cases are also increasing.

Not a cat in hell's chance of football at the Shay in the near future unless the Government 'move the goalposts'!

Calm down