4 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Tommy it would have to work like Sky. Our local sports club pays in the region of £400 per month for Sky Sports. For a pub to stream games it would obviously pay more than an individual household. Steve has pointed out its against the rules, surely the authorities would change the rules if enough clubs wanted to do it.

Whats against the rules??

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know we are in unprecedented times with  this covid and a late finish to our season but we do always seem to be the last to announce any signings. Would be nice just to get 1 announced just to get t

No we won’t sign players until we can get going properly again with Calderdale and surrounding areas are in lockdown and the Shay is shut why would waste money on players when there is no prospect of

Skircoat Boot Boys

4 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Whats against the rules??

According to Steve the National League rules streaming games not allowed. Steve is usually right.

Edited by born to moan
1 minute ago, born to moan said:

Streaming home games, help Steve!

I see, I think i understand what your getting at. But I think I know at least 2 landlords who have Sky & Bt in their private quarters and simply pipe it into the bar as needs be. We live in an age of technophobes who will take a nanosecond to get round any proposed obsticles. Its a good idea, but i dont see the clubs making any money. Landlords are in exactly the same situation and will make money any which way they can. And who's gonna police it??

10 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Like you said :lol: not sure why Tommy is bullying you to say something different

I'm not bullying WB?? I wasn't sure what this ruling was, but it seems that its the National league don't allow the streaming of games into pubs, and I'm just pointing out the flaws in the plan.

1 minute ago, Roy Race said:

Is it significant all the games announced are away......here we go another disfunctional pre season.

Still 2 to be confirmed but it’s a fair point. Doubt we’ll play anyone from EFL as there seasons will have started by then 

7 minutes ago, AJS said:

Still 2 to be confirmed but it’s a fair point. Doubt we’ll play anyone from EFL as there seasons will have started by then 

yes, good point, not thought of that! Hopefully playing lower league clubs, and beating them, will give the lads confidence going into the season proper!

13 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

yes, good point, not thought of that! Hopefully playing lower league clubs, and beating them, will give the lads confidence going into the season proper!

But also suggests The Shay will not be available for sport.

13 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

mmm, possibly trying to limit the use. Although I don't know why, unless the council are using the office space.

Huddersfield u19s is one that really confuses me, they're a team that Brighouse beat with relative ease so I'm not sure what we'd gain from playing them bar maybe it being a confidence booster

Edited by Lewis
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, AJS said:

PW said in his Q&A we would be playing Non league clubs or under 23s as pointless playing League clubs to try and boost income.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lewis said:

Huddersfield u19s is a one that really confuses me, they're a team that Brighouse beat with relative ease so I'm not sure what we'd gain from playing them bar maybe it being a confidence booster

I wonder if there’s been a miscommunication and we are playing their newly formed ‘B’ team. That would make a lot more sense 

29 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Perhaps its more cost effective for the Council to use the Shay as a back up morgue facility !

11 minutes ago, rdj said:

Perhaps its more cost effective for the Council to use the Shay as a back up morgue facility !

Some match days feel a little like that.

As someone else mentioned the Council will probably have to be dragged screaming into allowing matches again, probably the last stadium in the country to open.

57 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

PW said in his Q&A we would be playing Non league clubs or under 23s as pointless playing League clubs to try and boost income.

Yeah i saw that too. He also said he wanted to pick opponents to suit what they had been working on in the days leading up to the game.

At the present moment you wouldn't think the council would allow matches to be played at the Shay.

This is likely to continue until the new positive covid cases fall away and the new measures are removed.

Let's hope the local track and trace does the job to reduce the cases in East Pellon and no extra cases spring up in other areas.

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

Huddersfield u19s is one that really confuses me, they're a team that Brighouse beat with relative ease so I'm not sure what we'd gain from playing them bar maybe it being a confidence booster

Brighouse did very well last night. Went exactly as one would expect, Hudds had all the better touches and made space for themselves etc etc, but once put under pressure in the final third the youngsters crumbled more often than not. 

3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Like you said :lol: not sure why Tommy is bullying you to say something different

I'm in tears here Bollox.:( Thank you for the sympathy.

Edited by born to moan
  • Haha 1