Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know we are in unprecedented times with  this covid and a late finish to our season but we do always seem to be the last to announce any signings. Would be nice just to get 1 announced just to get t

No we won’t sign players until we can get going properly again with Calderdale and surrounding areas are in lockdown and the Shay is shut why would waste money on players when there is no prospect of

Skircoat Boot Boys

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

Don't think they specified when. Just said this week. Based on rumours going around though it could be Kieran Green

You would think that the rest of the squad who are out of contract but have been offered a new one, have had enough time to mull it over and make a decision by now. 

Shame for Pete Wild because he's going to jave to do the opposite of what he wanted to and assemble at least half a squad. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Aren't we supoosed to be getting an announcement early this week? 

Leaving it late. 

We were originally told it would be early last week, but that never materialised. 
Surely some of the squad offered contracts have accepted by now. I would have preferred an announcement for each one when they signed, at least it would have created a bit of excitement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Redcard said:

If none of the existing squad have resigned that spells trouble and raises fears of a new team of kids on low wages. Let’s hope things are just moving slowly and good news is imminent.

As people say, "no news is good news".....

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Mossley FC 8/9 7.30pm  – away

Guiseley FC 12/9 3pm – away

Huddersfield Town U19s 22/9 7pm – away

Curzon Ashton 26/9 3pm –  away

 

Doesnt mean a dam thing, we cant go to any of them! And theres no guarantee of a season yet with no fans allowed in? Nothing to get exited about yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Doesnt mean a dam thing, we cant go to any of them! And theres no guarantee of a season yet with no fans allowed in? Nothing to get exited about yet.

The season has to start. Theres no ifs/buts or maybe's. With fans in the ground. There will be no non league clubs left if a season has to be skipped or seriously delayed. 

As someone pointed out yesterday. Virus or no virus some level of normality has to return to the world and to football soon or the implications on lower end football and the economy will be severe 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Greggs said:

The season has to start. Theres no ifs/buts or maybe's. With fans in the ground. There will be no non league clubs left if a season has to be skipped or seriously delayed. 

As someone pointed out yesterday. Virus or no virus some level of normality has to return to the world and to football soon or the implications on lower end football and the economy will be severe 

If you watched the news this morning Greggs we are no heading into a full recession, company's are collapsing right left and center with many more to follow. People are obviously losing their jobs by the day. There is no spare cash left in the coffers mate. Football is very low agenda, particularly low level football. I keep pointing out as i have done right from the onset of the "lockdown", Football Clubs are just business's and as such they are living on the edge of financial ruin every single day under normal circumstance so what makes people think that they are anything special and have a right to survive or move outside the confines of normal life. Football is on its ass. I would imagine thats why we've not seen any transfer action yet, the club will want better evidence of how, if we move forward, how its actually going to work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

If you watched the news this morning Greggs we are no heading into a full recession, company's are collapsing right left and center with many more to follow. People are obviously losing their jobs by the day. There is no spare cash left in the coffers mate. Football is very low agenda, particularly low level football. I keep pointing out as i have done right from the onset of the "lockdown", Football Clubs are just business's and as such they are living on the edge of financial ruin every single day under normal circumstance so what makes people think that they are anything special and have a right to survive or move outside the confines of normal life. Football is on its ass. I would imagine thats why we've not seen any transfer action yet, the club will want better evidence of how, if we move forward, how its actually going to work.

But football can return and will return with a lower capacity and social distancing and of course marks. It can be done. 

As I said though. This virus just has to become the norm eventually. We cant just keep locking things down and shutting the economy down. I'd suggest by the end of this year things have to have returned to more normality virus or no virus for me 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Until a vaccine is developed and fully tested this virus will stay with us. The wealthy people who back football clubs for their hobby will need to put their money into their businesses to maintain them. I can see lower level clubs going under or ending up less financed in the hands of supporters associations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, born to moan said:

Until a vaccine is developed and fully tested this virus will stay with us. The wealthy people who back football clubs for their hobby will need to put their money into their businesses to maintain them. I can see lower level clubs going under or ending up less financed in the hands of supporters associations. 

Dust your money off and get ready btm.:o

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Greggs said:

But football can return and will return with a lower capacity and social distancing and of course marks. It can be done. 

As I said though. This virus just has to become the norm eventually. We cant just keep locking things down and shutting the economy down. I'd suggest by the end of this year things have to have returned to more normality virus or no virus for me 

Greggs, I love your positivity. And yes, football will return eventually. But as things stand it is extremely low on the agenda of important issues happening all around us. You say lower capacity attendances, how low do you genuinely think a team like Town can realistically go and yet still survive. We live on the edge now, I will argue all day long that our crowds are a hardcore 1200 and has been for many many years. We pick up stragglers when times are good but be realistic, take of the rose coloureds and think back to last season, how very quickly our crowds dwindled once we started losing a couple of games, we only maintained an approx 1500 due to still being in a promotion hunt. I really want us to survive this, as do thousands of others at clubs all over the world, sadly many will fall by the way side.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TommyH72 said:

Greggs, I love your positivity. And yes, football will return eventually. But as things stand it is extremely low on the agenda of important issues happening all around us. You say lower capacity attendances, how low do you genuinely think a team like Town can realistically go and yet still survive. We live on the edge now, I will argue all day long that our crowds are a hardcore 1200 and has been for many many years. We pick up stragglers when times are good but be realistic, take of the rose coloureds and think back to last season, how very quickly our crowds dwindled once we started losing a couple of games, we only maintained an approx 1500 due to still being in a promotion hunt. I really want us to survive this, as do thousands of others at clubs all over the world, sadly many will fall by the way side.

At this point I'm not just talking about football..I'm talking about the economy as a whole as well. Every day another business is cutting thousands of jobs. These people need to be in work to contribute to the tax system. 

The economy is already in dia straights after just 5 months. Eventually and I'd suggest sooner than the government wants they are just going to have to bite the bullet and open everything back up again. My view anyway. Yes we want to keep people safe. But there have been other viruses and other strains that have come and gone and never had a vaccine developed. The virus just became the norm and got weaker through transmission. This is what this will have to be aswell. The country sure as hell cant carry on like this for another few years till a vaccine if there is ever one comes around. 

What of there is no vaccine found ever? What then. Does the world just come to a stand still for ever more

Back onto the football. 3rd of October has been set and I can fully see it starting then aswell

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Greggs said:

At this point I'm not just talking about football..I'm talking about the economy as a whole as well. Every day another business is cutting thousands of jobs. These people need to be in work to contribute to the tax system. 

The economy is already in dia straights after just 5 months. Eventually and I'd suggest sooner than the government wants they are just going to have to bite the bullet and open everything back up again. My view anyway. Yes we want to keep people safe. But there have been other viruses and other strains that have come and gone and never had a vaccine developed. The virus just became the norm and got weaker through transmission. This is what this will have to be aswell. The country sure as hell cant carry on like this for another few years till a vaccine if there is ever one comes around. 

What of there is no vaccine found ever? What then. Does the world just come to a stand still for ever more

Back onto the football. 3rd of October has been set and I can fully see it starting then aswell

I agree, but as I write this they've just shown headlines telling us that over a million jobs have now been lost. The future looks very bleak at present, some good old footy action would be much appreciated. I would definitely go to the games and wear a mask, no problem whatsoever, the problems come with those that wont. And that then becomes a whole different issue.

Edited by TommyH72
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

I agree, but as I write this they've just shown headlines telling us that over a million jobs have now been lost. The future looks very bleak at present, some good old footy action would be much appreciated. I would definitely go to the games and wear a mask, no problem whatsoever, the problems come with those that wont. And that then becomes a whole different issue.

Which is why things need to return to normal or (more normal) probably before the virus has gone. What's the alternative to that? As you say more jobs being lost every day 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see clubs streaming games, you pay a fee equivalent to what you would pay on the gate get a code and watch the game at home or in the pub. I believe the Dog Botherers did it for season ticket holders recently. Trouble is geeks find ways round it. We could have guest commentators who pay for the privilege. I'd love to be a football commentator. 

Edited by born to moan
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, born to moan said:

I can see clubs streaming games, you pay a fee equivalent to what you would pay on the gate get a code and watch the game at home or in the pub. I believe the Dog Botherers did it for season ticket holders recently. Trouble is geeks find ways round it.

So you've just pointed out at least two reasons why it wouldnt be worth clubs like Town investing in the scheme. The main one being, a landlord is going to pay "£20"? and then reap all the financial reward, great for him but of no value to the club. Sadly I have to admit that I probably wouldn't pay to log in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

So you've just pointed out at least two reasons why it wouldnt be worth clubs like Town investing in the scheme. The main one being, a landlord is going to pay "£20"? and then reap all the financial reward, great for him but of no value to the club. Sadly I have to admit that I probably wouldn't pay to log in.

Believe it´s not allowed in the National league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

So you've just pointed out at least two reasons why it wouldnt be worth clubs like Town investing in the scheme. The main one being, a landlord is going to pay "£20"? and then reap all the financial reward, great for him but of no value to the club. Sadly I have to admit that I probably wouldn't pay to log in.

Tommy it would have to work like Sky. Our local sports club pays in the region of £400 per month for Sky Sports. For a pub to stream games it would obviously pay more than an individual household. Steve has pointed out its against the rules, surely the authorities would change the rules if enough clubs wanted to do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...