• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their players as well were shocking that day. Celebrated like they had won the World Cup at full time in what was a nothing game for them. Absolutely no sympathy from me whatsoever. 

So Stevenage stay up, having amassed three victories all season. Surely this is some sort of record for a league which normally relegates two teams?

I reckon that could be Macclesfield finished as a Football Club and I haven’t forgotten the day they sent us down so no love lost from they can go under for me.

Imagine Macclesfield will probably appeal that. 

Wonder if Stevenage are regretting some of there transfer business and what league they actually signed players for. 

Effiong in particular has never looked like he's capable of the step up in the games I have seen him. 

However time will tell. Dont think Macclesfield will just lie down with that decision though. 

1 minute ago, Alright Andy said:

Couldn't wait to relegate another northern team could they. 

They’re a basket case and chances are they may not have completed the season

1 minute ago, Forever a Shayman said:

I reckon that could be Macclesfield finished as a Football Club and I haven’t forgotten the day they sent us down so no love lost from they can go under for me.

As a football club that's been through the torture of going out of business and having to start up a lot lower down. To wish that on a club for simply sending us down is a little in bad taste for me. 

• Like 4
50 minutes ago, Greggs said:

As a football club that's been through the torture of going out of business and having to start up a lot lower down. To wish that on a club for simply sending us down is a little in bad taste for me. 

Little bit more than that for me there fans baiting us and laughing at us Sorry no sympathy from me you reap what you sow.

• Like 4

The EFL said an independent panel's decision was "final and binding". As others have said, it`s easier to get to Macc. I remember a few years ago on a Tuesday evening it was absolutely p***ing it down and they wouldn`t let us go under cover. Still would rather set off for there than Stevenage.

• Like 1

Not condoning what Macclesfield have done, but the authorities again favouring southern clubs. I wonder if they’d have done the same if it were Stevenage, not Macclesfield in that position.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, andrich said:

Not condoning what Macclesfield have done, but the authorities again favouring southern clubs. I wonder if they’d have done the same if it were Stevenage, not Macclesfield in that position.

You mean like Sheffield weds 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jmc said:

You mean like Sheffield weds 

That was a different situation relating to an accounting situation a couple of years ago. Macc’s related to failure to pay players.

1 minute ago, andrich said:

That was a different situation relating to an accounting situation a couple of years ago. Macc’s related to failure to pay players.

But there still going to get points deducted , next season which prob meant Charlton went down ,  

I have said all along that both should have been relegated. Macc for financial ineptitude and Stevenage for just being plain crap at football. Neither deserve a place in the EFL.

5 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

I have said all along that both should have been relegated. Macc for financial ineptitude and Stevenage for just being plain crap at football. Neither deserve a place in the EFL.

but that would the EFL one club short, this could only be resolved by promoting a club that plays at The Wembley of the North?

42 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

but that would the EFL one club short, this could only be resolved by promoting a club that plays at The Wembley of the North?

I agree that this would be the sensible solution to the need to balance up the number of teams in EFL2 if both of the culprits were to be relegated, however, we all know that the NL and the EFL would never allow this to happen, as this would undermine and threaten the precarious balance in EFL2 if such a strong club/team were to be "promoted" to where they should be automatically.:D

To return to the topic that we should be discussing....

On checking the number of fans that each club takes to away games the following jumps out:

• Stevenage take on average 100-120 fans to away games up North
  • Macclesfield take on average 520 fans to games at Crewe/Salford/Oldham/Port Vale

So if we have Macclesfield playing at the Shay rather than Stevenage we stand to gain by approx. £8,000. Add in the cheaper costs and less time it takes to get to Macclesfield it is quite likely we would take a large following to the Moss Rose Ground.