On 8/20/2020 at 11:29 AM, TommyH72 said:

So thats 17 players now on board, but Browny & Hanson still remain on the transfer list. Would be good to know what the situation is regarding these players, whether any offers have come in etc.

Am i the only one who thinks remove Browny and Hanson from the transfer list and the back four of Hanson-Brown-Clarke-Senior looks pretty good.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was a young teenager back in the 60's.  At that time both football & rugby league were played on a Saturday afternoon.  The fixture planners worked well and it was rare that both clubs were at h

What about a 3 - 5 - 2  ? Maher  Clarke  Bradbury King  Wood  Green Summerfield Senior Hyde  Stenson

Before football stopped he was one of our best players for a good few weeks. Looked the part at right back

1 minute ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Am i the only one who thinks remove Browny and Hanson from the transfer list and the back four of Hanson-Brown-Clarke-Senior looks pretty good.

Let’s wait and see who Wild brings in, in those two positions first. Brown out of our control anyway if he can’t/won’t be attend training.

Wild clearly doesn’t rate Hanson for whatever reason. 3rd choice right back last season which says a lot when we only had 2 natural right backs at the club. 

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Let’s wait and see who Wild brings in, in those two positions first. Brown out of our control anyway if he can’t/won’t be attend training.

Wild clearly doesn’t rate Hanson for whatever reason. 3rd choice right back last season which says a lot when we only had 2 natural right backs at the club. 

Still think he punched someone for not doing the washing up, vacing and dusting and wont say sorry!! But now that player has left maybe things might be different.

Here's a question about the squad numbers. At the minute we have 17 with Brown and Hanson but as they are both transfer listed that would make it 15. Which number are we going with at this moment in time are we minusing off Brown or Hanson or do we have to hold back on some players until they are departed

2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Here's a question about the squad numbers. At the minute we have 17 with Brown and Hanson but as they are both transfer listed that would make it 15. Which number are we going with at this moment in time are we minusing off Brown or Hanson or do we have to hold back on some players until they are departed

I think we can bring in other players, but if no one comes in for Brown or Hanson they stay!

I think.

1 minute ago, chrisbo61 said:

I think we can bring in other players, but if no one comes in for Brown or Hanson they stay!

I think.

I think Greggs means from a money point of view. If Browny & Hanson stay then they have to be paid contractually which lessens our budget to bring others in. If no-one comes in for them and they are picked to play then so be it, They are FCHT players as things stand

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, chrisbo61 said:

I think.

But are they part of the budget for players. Have there wages been written off the numbers of players needed or do we have to assume we can only bring 1 more in till they have gone. 

1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

I think Greggs means from a money point of view. If Browny & Hanson stay then they have to be paid contractually which lessens our budget to bring others in. If no-one comes in for them and they are picked to play then so be it, They are FCHT players as things stand

Yeah that's what I meant I just couldnt get the words out :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Greggs said:

The impression I got from the Wild interview with Scargill the other day before Senior was announced, was 18 by Friday. Brown and Hanson being 20. Get rid of them two and sign two trialists to get us back up to 20. But maybe I misinterpreted it

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

The impression I got from the Wild interview with Scargill the other day before Senior was announced, was 18 by Friday. Brown and Hanson being 20. Get rid of them two and sign two trialists to get us back up to 20. But maybe I misinterpreted it

We can safely assume that both Brown & Hanson will be actively looking for moves, it will of course be about "terms". Of the two, I think Browny will be the more sought after as to be fair we (the fans) don't want to lose him. But there will be loads of clubs who would fancy him in their back line. I cant work out what the issue is that Browny has a problem with, I know it says he cant commit to the extra training, but I thought we were a fully pro team who trained everyday. So I don't get it? I wonder if Browny has a further job away from the club?

If any Halifax player is "Full-time" i would expect them to train when they are told to. If Browny fails to attend for training when hes told to then he could be fined a maximum of two weeks wages, i thought this is how clubs get around paying players who don't want to be there but can't get a move. there's always been stories of managers telling unpopular or transfer listed players to come in for training at 6, then when they don't turn up or turn in late fine them.

2 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

If any Halifax player is "Full-time" i would expect them to train when they are told to. If Browny fails to attend for training when hes told to then he could be fined a maximum of two weeks wages, i thought this is how clubs get around paying players who don't want to be there but can't get a move. there's always been stories of managers telling unpopular or transfer listed players to come in for training at 6, then when they don't turn up or turn in late fine them.

This isn't just any old player who's been there a year and thrown there toys out of the pram. This is the former club captain. Leader and quality centre half who's bled blue for 5 years. I'd hope we'd treat him with a little bit more respect than that 

7 minutes ago, Greggs said:

This isn't just any old player who's been there a year and thrown there toys out of the pram. This is the former club captain. Leader and quality centre half who's bled blue for 5 years. I'd hope we'd treat him with a little bit more respect than that 

Not one supporter would question anything you’ve said however if the manager decides he wants his players to train more, then is it to much to ask for them to train 4 days a week. Browny will always be remembered with affection by the fans, but ultimately the club comes first

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Not one supporter would question anything you’ve said however if the manager decides he wants his players to train more, then is it to much to ask for them to train 4 days a week. Browny will always be remembered with affection by the fans, but ultimately the club comes first

I don't think for one minute there's been a falling out between Browny and the club, but if he cant do what the club is asking of him then neither party has any choice but to part ways, but I'm damn sure if Browny was asked to wear the shirt again then he would do it no problem and would continue to give 100%, no question at all. I'm not sure of his age, but I think he probably has one eye on the end of his footballing career and this could bring into play any number of permutations! A job, collage course, university course, and to be fair that has to be taken seriously by everyone in these uncertain times.

I think the issue about Hanson is a very interesting one , I like many town supporters was very impressed by him imagining that one day he may have progressed to playing in midfield yet both Fullarton and Wild don’t appear to support that view.

I would like to understand, as professionals, what led them to this conclusion this is not a criticism of them it’s just a fan trying to understand.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, LeedsShaymen said:

If they wont commit to what the manager wants then why take them off the transfer list? 

I raised the point on another topic about the complete lack of transfers between NL clubs "officially". From what has been mentioned on here then it is usually a case of the player and the club agreeing to mutually part ways, thus the player becomes a free agent and is more attractive to new clubs, plus PW regains Browny's salary for use on another player who will train 4 days a week. The "official" part seems to be alluding to some other form of compensation that Halifax would get in turn fro releasing Browny from his contract.

Either way it is a win-win for player and club. He moves to something that better suits his circumstances and we get to bring in another player with a few more yards of pace and hopefully a few more years to play for the Shaymen. 

How many of the new players signed by PW attended the "trials" held earlier this year? I think I have seen mention that Jack Senior came to the trials, and I would imagine Reuben may have done.

That might be  good place to look to see who might be filling some of the remaining places on the squad.

Edited by ITMAN
5 hours ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

Hanson is rubbish but Brown is a club man.

Brown will get a club as he has the ability and a likability to him but I think we are stuck with Hanson.

"Hanson is rubbish". Really? 

1 hour ago, shaymen_x said:

"Hanson is rubbish". Really? 

2 Managers think so and I agree with them. 

We signed him on a stupidly long contract.

I have said multiple times can't control a ball can't defend he's just quick.......

This is the Mekki McLeod scenario all over again people get better when they don't play in halifax fans eyes

• Like 1

So what do we reckon we are getting this week then? My call would be a backup keeper, centre back and right back.

I’d really like a proper left winger to come in. Maybe another striker option also. Potential trialist options I suppose. 

9 minutes ago, AJS said:

So what do we reckon we are getting this week then? My call would be a backup keeper, centre back and right back.

I’d really like a proper left winger to come in. Maybe another striker option also. Potential trialist options I suppose. 

I'd personally go along with using the youth keeper,  less on wages. Over that 2 years we have gone with a reserve keeper in both years and it's been a massive waste of there time as well as ours. Means we can strengthen elsewhere. If having a reserve keeper means we can't have a 3rd striker option I'd rather forgo the keeper 

Edited by Greggs
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Greggs said:

I'd personally go along with using the youth keeper less on wages. Over that 2 years we have gone with a reserve keeper in both years and it's been a massive waste of there time as well as ours. Means we can strengthen elsewhere. If having a reserve keeper means we can't have a 3rd striker option I'd rather forgo the keeper 

It’s an option I suppose. Just means we will have to scramble for an emergency loan keeper should Johnson get injured/suspended. Which knowing our luck would happen 

1 hour ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

2 Managers think so and I agree with them. 

We signed him on a stupidly long contract.

I have said multiple times can't control a ball can't defend he's just quick.......

This is the Mekki McLeod scenario all over again people get better when they don't play in halifax fans eyes

I can't dispute the fact that two managers don't like Hanson, but pre-Fullarton he'd had some good performances for us but never really pushed on. We appear to have made him worse, or he's just not applied himself. It's a bit of an insult comparing him to Mekki whatever his name though. He was bona-fide rubbish. 

Anyway it's clear Brown and Hanson are surplus to requirements now. Browns been great but his numbers up. Shipping them out asap is the best solution for all parties. Why put your heart in on the pitch when you are surplus to requirements? 

Edited by shaymen_x