Current Town Squad

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Maybe he had to hold back quite a lot because none of the back three were able to cover the left side, thus leaving Williams often stuck in no mans land . Williams staying deep allows Jeff King more freedom to push forward, it all comes down to keeping your defence balanced and not having both wing backs stuck at the wrong end of the pitch

Bradshaw and Thackeray used to cross it to one another

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was a young teenager back in the 60's.  At that time both football & rugby league were played on a Saturday afternoon.  The fixture planners worked well and it was rare that both clubs were at h

Before football stopped he was one of our best players for a good few weeks. Looked the part at right back

What about a 3 - 5 - 2  ? Maher  Clarke  Bradbury King  Wood  Green Summerfield Senior Hyde  Stenson

33 minutes ago, townmad said:

Town always had Jon Brown to watch their backs when they went forward. I would love a Jon Brown in this seasons team.

Biography: Jon joined Exeter City in 1990 until 1995 playing over 200 first team games scoring 4 goals. Leaving to help Halifax Town win back promotion to the Football League in 1998. Jon's final league appearance was back at St James for Halifax in May 1999. Since leaving the professional game Jon has become an Chartered Architectural Technologist working in a Wakefield based Architectural practice.

1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

So thats 17 players now on board, but Browny & Hanson still remain on the transfer list. Would be good to know what the situation is regarding these players, whether any offers have come in etc.

16 by my count if we are including Brown and Hanson

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AJS said:

16 by my count if we are including Brown and Hanson

Sorry, my mistake!! I havent got the No 13 on my list?? I gostraight from 12 to 14.

Sam Johnson
Nathan Clarke
Matty Brown
Jay Benn
Jamie Allen 
Jack Earing
Jacob Hanson
Jeff King
Danny Williams
Nial Maher
Matt Stenson
Jake Hyde
Martin Woods
Kieran Green
Ruben Nobel Lazarus
Luke Summerfield
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Sorry, my mistake!! I havent got the No 13 on my list?? I gostraight from 12 to 14.

Sam Johnson
Nathan Clarke
Matty Brown
Jay Benn
Jamie Allen 
Jack Earing
Jacob Hanson
Jeff King
Danny Williams
Nial Maher
Matt Stenson
Jake Hyde
Martin Woods
Kieran Green
Ruben Nobel Lazarus
Luke Summerfield

On paper thats a great squad already!

• Like 1
On 8/19/2020 at 3:53 PM, Wilder Bollox said:

Maybe he had to hold back quite a lot because none of the back three were able to cover the left side, thus leaving Williams often stuck in no mans land . Williams staying deep allows Jeff King more freedom to push forward, it all comes down to keeping your defence balanced and not having both wing backs stuck at the wrong end of the pitch

I think this is it. With no pace to cover, he couldn’t leave it exposed.

Most clubs tend to have one wing back that kicks on whilst the other shuffles across and creates almost a back 4

3 hours ago, shaymandownsouff said:

I think this is it. With no pace to cover, he couldn’t leave it exposed.

Most clubs tend to have one wing back that kicks on whilst the other shuffles across and creates almost a back 4

Have we given up on a Brown compromise deal.

On 8/19/2020 at 6:51 PM, ITMAN said:

Biography: Jon joined Exeter City in 1990 until 1995 playing over 200 first team games scoring 4 goals. Leaving to help Halifax Town win back promotion to the Football League in 1998. Jon's final league appearance was back at St James for Halifax in May 1999. Since leaving the professional game Jon has become an Chartered Architectural Technologist working in a Wakefield based Architectural practice.

Ah good old Browny. Designed us a bus depot in Leeds which was all very well until it came to my office and he put all the electrical sockets and computer whatsits at one end of the office. I had to threaten coming in one Sunday and ripping it out before it got put right. Never trust a footballer. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Ah good old Browny. Designed us a bus depot in Leeds which was all very well until it came to my office and he put all the electrical sockets and computer whatsits at one end of the office. I had to threaten coming in one Sunday and ripping it out before it got put right. Never trust a footballer. 

Sounds about right. I once worked on a set of brand new medical centres across what was then known as North Kirklees (Dewsbury, Batley, Cleckheaton, Ravensthorpe and Heckmondwike) and spent most of my time walking around buildings with architects drawings telling the Site Manager where the electrics and network points needed to be moved as they were at the wrong end of the room or would be at the wrong side of the desk. I even had one site where the network connections where on the wrong side of the wall, in effect outside of the office they were supposed to serve. 

• Like 2