Duckworth signs for York?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hardly surprising when we’re shouting from the rooftops that we have the lowest budget in the division 

I have fat kids

We have one in Hanson. Yet Wild thinks differently. 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Hardly surprising when we’re shouting from the rooftops that we have the lowest budget in the division 

He lives in York. They are probably paying the same wages as us or there abouts and it'll save him travelling to training and the costs involved. 

23 minutes ago, Nick said:

Can only have been about money ..certainly not ambition if true 

1A3D782D-6192-47E6-A5E9-111A1B3E1236.jpeg

Nick, If it is about about money then so what. Football may be his only source of income with a short career he is looking after himself and his family to maximising his earnings whilst he can. 

Regarding the ambition, i think York will be back in the football league before we are...but its all opinion. 

People who think footballers should and do have the same loyalty to their employer as the fans do blow my mind.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

Nick, If it is about about money then so what. Football may be his only source of income with a short career he is looking after himself and his family to maximising his earnings whilst he can. 

Regarding the ambition, i think York will be back in the football league before we are...but its all opinion. 

People who think footballers should and do have the same loyalty to their employer as the fans do blow my mind.  

It has been mentioned on another thread that Ducky lives near York and has a big mortgage, but I can't confirm.

3 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

Many people leave jobs and go to another company for more money and a easier ,less stressful  job

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, eddie said:

Many people leave jobs and go to another company for more money and a easier ,less stressful  job

There will be no less stress on the Football Pitch York are expecting to win Promotion and they are a massive fish in that League and everyone wants to turn them over if the club wants to stay Full time they have to get promoted my guess is there budget is probably bigger than ours in a league below.

If York recruit the same calibre of player as Ducky throughout their team then they should walk the league.

sure it will be an exciting move for Ducky and as has been said if he lives in York and the money is right then who can blame him. 

I’m sure we will find an able replacement.

21 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

We have one in Hanson. Yet Wild thinks differently. 

Got to agree

The lad deserves/deserved a proper chance in the team. Guess it’s a case of would Wild swallow his pride after transfer listing him.....

I would personally 

2 minutes ago, Grayski said:

Got to agree

The lad deserves/deserved a proper chance in the team. Guess it’s a case of would Wild swallow his pride after transfer listing him.....

I would personally 

I would not have to, I would not have transfer listed him.

5 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

They are a bigger club than us. 

BUT perhaps not as passionate as us !

3.8.20 - "The Vice Presidents acted by announcing that they were launching a Crowdfunding Appeal to raise money to assist Steve Watson with the building of a squad and development of the young players at the club. The cost of the pandemic to the club has been significant with no income being generated therefore any money raised would be appreciated.

The appeal raised just over £15,000, with a very generous donation of £1,000 from the Supporters Trust – from the outset the Vice Presidents agreed to match the figure raised, providing they had the funds to meet the final figure. "

5 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

They are a bigger club than us. 

Yes they are. The new stadium at Monks Cross boasts the following, I go there on a regular basis to shop:

When complete, York Stadium Leisure Complex will include:

• an 8,000 seater stadium for York City FC and York City Knights RLFC
  • a new IMAX cinema with 13 screens
  • a community hub, including a library and community offices for York's sports clubs
  • York Against Cancer shop and offices
  • NHS outpatient services
  • new swimming facilities, gym, dance studio and sports hall with spectator seating
  • retail and restaurant outlets
  • catering and hospitality areas

The only downside for York is that they will be then like us, not owning the ground and having no tangible assets. On the upside it is more likely to pull in punters who want to go to the match while the other family members can go shopping or to the cinema etc. With the NHS involvement it will be used all week round.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, rdj said:

BUT perhaps not as passionate as us !

3.8.20 - "The Vice Presidents acted by announcing that they were launching a Crowdfunding Appeal to raise money to assist Steve Watson with the building of a squad and development of the young players at the club. The cost of the pandemic to the club has been significant with no income being generated therefore any money raised would be appreciated.

The appeal raised just over £15,000, with a very generous donation of £1,000 from the Supporters Trust – from the outset the Vice Presidents agreed to match the figure raised, providing they had the funds to meet the final figure. "

They are part owned (25%) by the Yorks City Supporters Society Ltd, so presume they have other fundraising methods apart from the Crowdfunding appeal. Also, what did they get for selling Kit Kat Stadium (Bootham Crescent)?

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

Yes they are. The new stadium at Monks Cross boasts the following, I go there on a regular basis to shop:

When complete, York Stadium Leisure Complex will include:

• an 8,000 seater stadium for York City FC and York City Knights RLFC
  • a new IMAX cinema with 13 screens
  • a community hub, including a library and community offices for York's sports clubs
  • York Against Cancer shop and offices
  • NHS outpatient services
  • new swimming facilities, gym, dance studio and sports hall with spectator seating
  • retail and restaurant outlets
  • catering and hospitality areas

The only downside for York is that they will be then like us, not owning the ground and having no tangible assets. On the upside it is more likely to pull in punters who want to go to the match while the other family members can go shopping or to the cinema etc. With the NHS involvement it will be used all week round.

Just goes to show what can be achieved.