3 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Absolutely no idea.

Lockdown must have made some folk crazy - on this thread and the 'Retained List' one we have a heady mix of people saying Fullarton was great, and built super defensive foundations and would have cracked on this year, others having a go at the club because two players they've slated all season didn't choose to re-sign, others making definitive comments about players' wages when they have absolutely no idea what they get paid, and to top it off, why don't we ground share with Brighouse at a ground that doesn't meet any of the criteria for playing in the league we are in.

Anyone for anymore? Welcome to the Town messageboard folks.

You need to calm down Greg45, you'll give yourself a thrombie!!. So Brighouse isn't in the equation, there's plenty more grounds in the mix. And if you are saying that Town as a business doesnt need to cut costs then I think you need to really sit down and think it out.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or maybe multiple people did? The most bargain basement pissing contest of all time

Fullartons  football wasn't  pretty to watch but he did move the club forward. It was him who badgered our chairman in to getting the training facilities  it was him who then brought them up to t

Heath knows what works and gets results on a consistent basis. His record, like it or not, stands with the best of them at Non League level.

Just now, greg45 said:

Do they? It harms us that we can't make money off food and drink sales etc., but I'm not sure the rent we pay is actually overly high.

And we are already ground sharing to reduce the rent.

Agreed. Until someone comes up with some comparisons about what other clubs pay in terms of their stadiums then its just a pointless argument.

Ive said it before, our rent covers:

Groundstaff
Pitch maintenance
Electric
Water
Gas
Telephones (possibly)
Cleaning
H&S
Office space and club shop

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Absolutely no idea.

Lockdown must have made some folk crazy - on this thread and the 'Retained List' one we have a heady mix of people saying Fullarton was great, and built super defensive foundations and would have cracked on this year, others having a go at the club because two players they've slated all season didn't choose to re-sign, others making definitive comments about players' wages when they have absolutely no idea what they get paid, and to top it off, why don't we ground share with Brighouse at a ground that doesn't meet any of the criteria for playing in the league we are in.

Actually I thought the reaction to the players leaving besides Ducky was all generally on the same page of delighted 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

We've managed to always have a team and use the ground for how many decades? Yes its strange times at the minute. But I can bet you it wont go down well with people and it wont with me either. Just the sheer thought of Halifax playing home games in Bradford is giving me shivers. 

You'll find a lot of people will stop going out of principle 

It doesn't sit overly well with me either Greggs, but if two clubs are struggling, which undoubtedly BPA will be doing, then does it not make sense to join forces in order that both clubs might survive. Other clubs have done it, Charlton & Coventry spring to mind, cant remember who they doubled up with but I know their fans had to travel, but ultimately they survived. You call these strange times and they surely are, we have no idea how long this situation will last, so since we are already sailing very close to the wind why not consider avenues that may help out.

17 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

It doesn't sit overly well with me either Greggs, but if two clubs are struggling, which undoubtedly BPA will be doing, then does it not make sense to join forces in order that both clubs might survive. Other clubs have done it, Charlton & Coventry spring to mind, cant remember who they doubled up with but I know their fans had to travel, but ultimately they survived. You call these strange times and they surely are, we have no idea how long this situation will last, so since we are already sailing very close to the wind why not consider avenues that may help out.

Poss the most bizarre post on this forum ever, how would sharing with bpa at the worst ground in the world benefit us, we’d have to pay rent to use the ground, we’d make nothing from the sales of food etc and we’d halve our support at a minimum 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
20 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Agreed. Until someone comes up with some comparisons about what other clubs pay in terms of their stadiums then its just a pointless argument.

Ive said it before, our rent covers:

Groundstaff
Pitch maintenance
Electric
Water
Gas
Telephones (possibly)
Cleaning
H&S
Office space and club shop

Yes, exactly. All I'm getting at is maybe it's time to go out there and see what's on offer. I don't consider we ground share with the rugby, Calderdale just rent the place out to them as well, I might be wrong cos I don't know. But we have to look at things from the business point of view. We all know that Calderdale charge top dollar for office & shop space, parking etc, the list goes on. Nobodies mentioning how much the training facilities are costing us in Leeds?

4 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

We all know that Calderdale charge top dollar for office & shop space, parking etc, the list goes on.

Compared to what? Again, I dont know, but is Calderdale worse than any other area

4 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Poss the most bizarre post on this forum ever, how would sharing with bpa at the worst ground in the world benefit us, we’d have to pay rent to use the ground, we’d make nothing from the sales of food etc and we’d halve our support at a minimum 

You obviously dont read 99% of the posts on here then Jmc. Look, I'm throwing things out there, there is a very real possibility that clubs might not survive this very serious situation, and Ok, BPA might not be the best choice, nobodies poo pooed Hudds or Oldham or Brad City. But we may need to open our options, it's not to say we would never return to the Shay, we, along with probably every other club in Leagues 1 & 2 & us and below are going to be lucky to survive. If that means taking evasive action then whats the big deal. 

3 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Compared to what? Again, I dont know, but is Calderdale worse than any other area

Why do you think there are so many shops closed in Halifax, mountains of office space stood vacant? I've had lots of dealings with our glorious leaders over the years and its not pleasant. 

14 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Yes, exactly. All I'm getting at is maybe it's time to go out there and see what's on offer. I don't consider we ground share with the rugby, Calderdale just rent the place out to them as well, I might be wrong cos I don't know. But we have to look at things from the business point of view. We all know that Calderdale charge top dollar for office & shop space, parking etc, the list goes on. Nobodies mentioning how much the training facilities are costing us in Leeds?

We literally share the ground with them.

22 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Whereas I'm not great on ground sharing away from Halifax (I would love our own stadium) I don´t believe we make anything on food sales etc now.

1 hour ago, greg45 said:

Absolutely no idea.

The reality of all this is no money coming in no League games we cannot afford to start up the Shay is closed nobody knows when all this is going to end many business are going to collapse that make Halifax Town look like the size of a pea we might not even get a proper season yet .As for Fullarton he brought over the change to a Full Time model for this club his Football might have been awful to watch but he helped to stabilise this club back in the National League getting us training facilities that are fit for a full time club.Like someone said he would make the perfect director of Football if we could have afforded it.

32 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

You obviously dont read 99% of the posts on here then Jmc. Look, I'm throwing things out there, there is a very real possibility that clubs might not survive this very serious situation, and Ok, BPA might not be the best choice, nobodies poo pooed Hudds or Oldham or Brad City. But we may need to open our options, it's not to say we would never return to the Shay, we, along with probably every other club in Leagues 1 & 2 & us and below are going to be lucky to survive. If that means taking evasive action then whats the big deal. 

Maybe consider a poll of how many supporters would consider attending if not at the Shay. I wouldn’t go for one. The thought of watching town at somewhere like the Horsfall stadium is depressing beyond belief.

The main tie with the Old and new club has always been the Shay.

If we half or quarter our fan base then they won’t be a club to support.

6 minutes ago, Jmc said:

We don’t make anything on food sales and if we went to another ground we wouldn’t make any there either ! 

The way rock concerts work these days is that the artist rents the arena, they pay a set fee which can include whatever riders you consider necessary. Thereafter, all monies taken on the day for food, parking, advertising etc etc belong to the artist. The games could all be ticket only events, bought in advance. It may or may not work, but it's options thats all.

3 minutes ago, Grayski said:

Maybe consider a poll of how many supporters would consider attending if not at the Shay. I wouldn’t go for one. The thought of watching town at somewhere like the Horsfall stadium is depressing beyond belief.

The main tie with the Old and new club has always been the Shay.

If we half or quarter our fan base then they won’t be a club to support.

This is just an idea to maybe safeguard the future of the club Grayski. It wouldn't have to be a life long commitment. It's all spitting into the wind anyway, but if it became necessary to find real cost cuttings measures it could be a life saver. None of us would be best chuffed if we had to play a few games somewhere else, but we have to think long term.

“We’re working hard to make sure that we’re offering a training programme that replicates a full-time model as best as we can."

Based on the Q&A with Pete and Milly, lets hope that next season we have less training practice on throw ins and more on enjoyable elements like scoring from set pieces.

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

We've managed to always have a team and use the ground for how many decades? Yes its strange times at the minute. But I can bet you it wont go down well with people and it wont with me either. Just the sheer thought of Halifax playing home games in Bradford is giving me shivers. 

You'll find a lot of people will stop going out of principle 

We played home games in Rochdale not that long ago. Some Spanish clubs, including Madrid, ,were playing on their training grounds when La Liga restarted. In straitened times, safeguarding the club is all that matters.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, rdj said:

“We’re working hard to make sure that we’re offering a training programme that replicates a full-time model as best as we can."

Based on the Q&A with Pete and Milly, lets hope that next season we have less training practice on throw ins and more on enjoyable elements like scoring from set pieces.

Is a throw in not a set piece? 

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Isn't it an exchange of possession ?

It is in the Shaymens case. According the the questionner in the Q&A who asked why we give the ball away 85% of the time at throw ins !