30 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Just browsed on Facebook and Scott McManus was tagged in a post by his missus in which she says he is hanging up his boots and retiring. 

Thought you was going tell us he was signing for us

Would take him back as a left back now :D not had a better one since he left. Cracking player for us,rarely had a bad game and gave us that goal in our big day out at Wembley which none of us will ever forget. Hope he can make it to the shay again one day. Legend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He wasn’t any worse than Macca, Macca was here longer, scored at Wembley and was a cult hero because he went for a pint with fans but in terms of on the pitch alone, Wilde was no worse.

18 minutes ago, Ash said:

He wasn’t any worse than Macca, Macca was here longer, scored at Wembley and was a cult hero because he went for a pint with fans but in terms of on the pitch alone, Wilde was no worse.

Nobody has said that Wilde  was poor, and best left back I saw was Geoff Hutt , but nothing will beat Macca's goal at Wembley 

34 minutes ago, Ash said:

What's your problem with mcmanus? Seems your getting very defensive because people rated scott as a player... wilde was decent,steady player, i preferred macca. And this is an appreciation thread towards him so lets leave it that way

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Flea said:

Macca was a cracking player for us. What we needed, when we needed it. It was good watching him mature and settle with us and for him to bag that goal at Wembley just sort of capped off his legacy for us. 

He'd easily make it into a FCHT "HEROS" XI

Agree, and not just because of that goal at wembley but because of his ability aswel. Cracking player, loved to bomb forward and good in defence aswel. Real shame he got injured.

• Like 1

Haha yes fantastic, didn’t even get booked for that one either!

Don’t get me wrong, a superb player but I feel Wilde filled that gap very well. When good players go, the replacement is automatically compared (Gregory, Vardy, Maynard etc) left back wasn’t really mentioned when Wilde was here because he filled in so well.

3 hours ago, shaykehands said:

His 'tackle' of Beautyman at Welling was memorable.  Just turned to him and told him to get up.  Then handed the baton back to Pearson to continue the close marking.

When he got transferred to Peterborough one of the local hacks was quick to slag Macca off for that tackle, pretty much calling him a thug and saying Beautyman was now away from such hatchet job players and will be onto bigger and better things. 

Perfect tackle in my opinion :D 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Flea said:

When he got transferred to Peterborough one of the local hacks was quick to slag Macca off for that tackle, pretty much calling him a thug and saying Beautyman was now away from such hatchet job players and will be onto bigger and better things. 

Perfect tackle in my opinion :D 

Didn't that rent-a-gob Adrian Durham from talksport have a hissy fit about it? 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Shay said:

Macca. Mr Halifax Town. Enjoy your retirement even if I think it’s a bit too early 

Surprised he dropped as low as Coalville in the first instance but understood his reasons about location.  All the best Macca. A major part of our roller coaster ride in Towns recent history.

I can remember the fallout on here when he signed. Many fans saying he shouldn't have been signed and others like myself saying he should be given a chance both on and off the field. 

Well he certainly did that. He played in promotion winning teams and his goal at Wembley has even surpassed Paul Hendries goal against Man City. 

I hope he enjoys his life away from football. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

Remember the day we got relegated..he wandered in the Courtyard pub that evening to say thanks to the supporters..I even bought him a pint..

Is that the reason he scored at Wembley 

• Like 1