• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At a club like ours I don't get the 'I will only buy a season ticket if we sign....' Right now the club needs our support more than most other moments. To be honest, if you follow the Shay expecting t

Kit matters because without him who would do bucket collection at south stand turnstiles

of course it does, for the sponsor!! They pay us money so we advertise them and hype them up, why wouldn't we. They pay money for the publicity

Posted Images

8 hours ago, francisfirth said:

At a club like ours I don't get the 'I will only buy a season ticket if we sign....' Right now the club needs our support more than most other moments. To be honest, if you follow the Shay expecting to win something, and that's the only reason, you might need some professional help. 

Keep it simple, stand up and be counted when it matters. STID

Spot on post!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, steve lumb said:

of course it does, for the sponsor!! They pay us money so we advertise them and hype them up, why wouldn't we. They pay money for the publicity

Town fans: The club never does any marketing or engagement 

Also Town fans: it best not be any overhype, because I personally don’t care about x or y

Every club in the world this, it drives clicks, traffic and conversations about the club.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Are we still believing that attended football will make an uninterrupted return on 3rd October ? I'm not bothered who we sign but I'm not rushing to pay to not watch them

Same challenge for me WB re the need to get behind the club we love. There is a bit of me that expects cash we put in now through tickets is more like a donation. Covid restrictions are likely to come and go well into next spring. 

I almost wonder if we go into the Flea and ITman suggested route of a supporters subscription. 10 to 20 pound per month donation under the banner of 'STID - sticking together'. A thousand of us doing that for 7 or 8 months, funding behind closed doors games. Donations would be better than buying live streams from a tax perspective. All games could be free to air via youtube if the donation scheme grew legs.

We, and every other small club, need to get real around the possibility of live football just not being viable and find a way now to keep the engines running. 

Edited by francisfirth
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

My local club runs a Vice-Presidents’ Club in which members pay a monthly amount of their choice. They get access to the equivalent of the East Stand Lounge on match days, a twice-yearly lunch and chat with manager and/or players, club shop discounts, a badge, plus other small politesses. It’s a nice idea, makes members feel valued, costs the club very little, and costs the members not a lot more - from as little as a tenner a month. It’s good PR and a nice little earner.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, francisfirth said:

Same challenge for me WB re the need to get behind the club we love. There is a bit of me that expects cash we put in now through tickets is more like a donation. Covid restrictions are likely to come and go well into next spring. 

I almost wonder if we go into the Flea and ITman suggested route of a supporters subscription. 10 to 20 pound per month donation under the banner of 'STID - sticking together'. A thousand of us doing that for 7 or 8 months, funding behind closed doors games. Donations would be better than buying live streams from a tax perspective. All games could be free to air via youtube if the donation scheme grew legs.

We, and every other small club, need to get real around the possibility of live football just not being viable and find a way now to keep the engines running. 

So how many forum members, would be up for this type of subscription via the Supporters Club? 

28 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

That would be disappointing High wages better young players out there now. Time to retire.

Sorry dont agree, he can still play and his experience is invaluable imo. As for wages does anyone know what he earns? 

11 hours ago, francisfirth said:

At a club like ours I don't get the 'I will only buy a season ticket if we sign....' Right now the club needs our support more than most other moments. To be honest, if you follow the Shay expecting to win something, and that's the only reason, you might need some professional help. 

Keep it simple, stand up and be counted when it matters. STID

Great post 

there are some really odd ..being polite here...postings ..I really don’t get some supporters 

31 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

That would be disappointing High wages better young players out there now. Time to retire.

Isn't worth a big announcement but as he's been offered a contract I'd expect him to stay.

5 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Sorry dont agree, he can still play and his experience is invaluable imo. As for wages does anyone know what he earns? 

He is a very experienced footballer who I think was at Orient before us. He will definitely have been one of oir highest earners. It's a no brainer. Will he be on the sane money if he signs again? Not so sure, probably not. 

10 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

So was King greygoose.

True Steve but different circumsraces, at 37 i doubt Clarke will have many bettter options playing wise although maybe he does in coaching? Also a local lad so i think unless he's thinking of retiring he will sign.

4 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Nu away Kit. Interesting colour to say the least 

I don't mind it to be honest, it's one for the girls I'd say and if it helps shift a few more. 

I think it could go down as a cult kit.