Congratulations Harrogate. Good luck to both you and Barrow, Deserved in my book as the 2 top sides in the league. An absolute fortune could have been saved if they'd just promoted you in the first place. Money the clubs just dont have!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really enjoyed that game. End to end stuff and Harrogate richly deserved it. I can see where Mr Wild is coming from in terms of our fitness, just can’t see our team running for 90 minutes against

Time to have a talk with Chris Wilder.2/3 season long loans.

Harrogate played way above the level I expected and in the games I’ve seen in the past year we couldn’t have lived with them . good luck to them next year but more importantly I do hope that all

1 minute ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Really enjoyed that game. End to end stuff and Harrogate richly deserved it.

I can see where Mr Wild is coming from in terms of our fitness, just can’t see our team running for 90 minutes against either of those two teams. But Harrogate did.

Both teams had players on loan from League clubs, and that’s another area we need to look at.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I think the extra “full time training” is a key factor in securing long term loans. No club is going to loan out a player with development potential only to get him back in worse condition than he went out.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

I think the extra “full time training” is a key factor in securing long term loans. No club is going to loan out a player with development potential only to get him back in worse condition than he went out.

Yes, they will be sending them out wanting them back better, fitter players than when they left, after all a loan is not a "holiday".

I seem to remember PW saying in one of his interviews that he would be looking to bring loan players in having seen the quality they bring to other teams in our division.

A couple of decent loan players does make all the difference when the vast majority of players in our division are no more than bog standard players eking out a living.

28 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

I can see where Mr Wild is coming from in terms of our fitness, just can’t see our team running for 90 minutes against either of those two teams. But Harrogate did.

Both teams had players on loan from League clubs, and that’s another area we need to look at.

Agree R of R, a really good game & Harrogate thoroughly deserved the win.

Nice to see a team attack with 4 men in or around the penalty area attacking the ball. Hope we see similar next season.

11 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

We need a higher skill level but also more physicality to compete.

Along with using the loan system all things PW said in his interview. He is aware of what is needed and we have to trust him to find those players. His main experience is with FL youth football so I would expect him to have plenty contacts at U23 development squad, but as he said you have to make sure the player is up to it physically and has maybe had a loan spell previously at this level. We have seen to our cost what happens if you bring in U23 pplayerson loan who aren't up to it physically 

Edited by Papa Lazarou
3 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

I thought Harrogate play well and deserved their win, good luck to them , ( not sure I mean that ) , anyway have we signed anybody yet ? .

We need to keep hold of some players for starters! Would be nice though wouldn’t it 

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Loan players train with parent club on free days so not a factor.

Well done Harrogate, sticking with Weaver has really paid off for them, a lesson for all maybe?

Edited by greygoose
5 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Loan players train with parent club on free days so not a factor.

Well done Harrogate, sticking with Weaver has really paid off for them, a lesson for all maybe?

As his father bankrolls the club is it not a bit difficult to "release" the manager?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

If they dont want to stay at the club then happy to let them go

I personally feel Wild offered certain players he wasn’t that bothered about new deals knowing other ones would probably leave to prevent a complete rebuild 

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Bizarrely Harrogate have to play Notts Co in the FA Trophy semi final as a FL club! How does that work now they will no doubt sign players and maybe start to let some go they put on short term deals

And will their best player, Diamond, be in the ranks, or back with Sunderland? Based on what he has shown while on loan they will either want him back to do a job for them or look to cash in while he is "hot property" 

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

Well hopefully fans will be aloud back in next year so we can make the best of Notts Countys away support. 

Good also that we have removed Harrogate as a rather mediocre Christmas double header and hopefully have Stockport penciled in again. 

So want fans to be back 

Alty will play Stockport ,? We may have Hartlepool 

1 hour ago, Riders of Rohan said:

I agree. 

21 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Yes but sticking with him has worked hasn't it? Thats the point I'm making..

I agree, as this is the point I have made in the past about allowing PW time to build his own team in his way. It does help though if you have a special relationship with your chairman.... 

Weavers father has spent a fortune over the years, he would not have kept anyone else as manager all this time. It will be interesting to see how much more he will spend trying to help him keep them in the league.

• Like 1