Sign in to follow this  
Erik Everhard

Squad 20/21

5 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Have I missed anyone? 

Jamie Allen is signed on for next year isn't he? 

8 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Jamie Allen is signed on for next year isn't he? 

No, but been offered a new deal

• Thanks 1

With Allen, he could be one of those that may be weighing up if being Northern based next season under the current climate is wise. My understanding is he is currently in a house share with 3 other players who were all southern based prior to joining Town. It could be a case of looking at how that little group works out. 

I'd be very happy to have Allen on board for next season. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Jamie wanted to come back up north so i can't see him wanting to go back down south 

I could see a team like Alty offering him something. 

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

I could see a team like Alty offering him something. 

If we cant offer him more than a team like them then I will really start to worry.

Sure there still part time

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flea said:

With Allen, he could be one of those that may be weighing up if being Northern based next season under the current climate is wise. My understanding is he is currently in a house share with 3 other players who were all southern based prior to joining Town. It could be a case of looking at how that little group works out. 

Not sure about the house share with southern players? Before lockdown plenty of Instagram vids of a car school involving Danny Williams, Earing, Maher and Allen who are from Bolton/Wigan/Blackburn area.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flea said:

Unless we're basing all of our southern signed players somewhere in the north west, your understanding would be wrong

Edited by Lewis

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Closer to home. See his family more etc. 

Unless the hour's drive from Preston has become too much for him any move he'd make won't be made with being closer to home in mind

Edited by Lewis

10 hours ago, Flea said:

I thing Allen’s from Manchester isn’t he ?? Thought he moved back up here to be closer to home think he car shares in with earring redshaw an maher that’s just from what I remember seeing on social media last season I thought it was silva king and binnot who house shared , hopefully Allen signs on unfortunately for him he’s a great impact player to bring on with his pace but then when starts games never seems to do so well 

Wild has got some work to do now, ensuring we have a viable squad for the start of next season! This is going to be a real test for him.

41 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Wild has got some work to do now, ensuring we have a viable squad for the start of next season! This is going to be a real test for him.

Well he wanted his own squad.

15 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Well he wanted his own squad.

A little worrying, some managers get the best out of someone else's squad but are useless at creating their own. Hope PW is good at both.

12 hours ago, Flea said:

Didnt Hanson "allegedly" chin on of the fellow housemates which is why we never hardly seen him again? Seem to recall something along those lines.

3 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Didnt Hanson "allegedly" chin on of the fellow housemates which is why we never hardly seen him again? Seem to recall something along those lines.

I’m pretty sure Wild came out and said it was utter nonsense. Something along those lines 

10 minutes ago, AJS said:

I’m pretty sure Wild came out and said it was utter nonsense. Something along those lines 

And doesnt that sound like PR? No smoke without fire I'm sure.

1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

And doesnt that sound like PR? No smoke without fire I'm sure.

From what i've heard regarding Hanson he's one of the nicest lads you'll meet. Can't see it.

Duckworth is just the better player, it's one of those things. Did seem strange that Jeff King played over Hanson though when Duckworth got injured admiteddly.

32 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Must be true then eh :rolleyes:

I hope so (tongue in cheek). But in truth, think about it, 4 or 5 young 20 something men sharing a place. Don't try telling me that there isn't the slightest possibility that they all lived like it was a Disney film. But the club aren't going to admit it. And I've known some really nice guys who will only be pushed so far and then turn into Mike Tyson. And by the very nature of what they do for a living, they are fit, aggressive & competitive. All the hallmarks of a good old dust up between mates.

Edited by TommyH72