• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Signed for Hartlepool, good luck lad...cracking signing for them 

Cracking player that many said wasnt good enough for us but i cant see us signing a better winger.  The only player in our side that could directly run at a full back and take him on, never had a chan

No thank you. Clarke and McNulty would be the oldest and slowest pairing in the league by some way.

I wish him well. He is a player who I think if he can get a run of games he could easily make the grade. If he was able to get half a season in playing week in week out then I think he is more than good enough for this level. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Flea said:

I wish him well. He is a player who I think if he can get a run of games he could easily make the grade. If he was able to get half a season in playing week in week out then I think he is more than good enough for this level. 

Like Hanson who we all know can play, not been given a chance by Wild.

• Haha 1

Thought he might have dropped down to the Conference North tbh, but I can get why it's happened seeing as their manager's been after him before. Best of luck to him

Hartlepool’s twitter feed is very good. They have made 5 signings today. There are pictures and info about them all and video interviews with some, including Josh. Excellent coverage, that our media team could learn from.

11 minutes ago, andrich said:

Hartlepool’s twitter feed is very good. They have made 5 signings today. There are pictures and info about them all and video interviews with some, including Josh. Excellent coverage, that our media team could learn from.

believe they have several full time employees doing this. Am sure that when we actually sign somebody we will do something similar. So not really sure what our "team" are supposed to be learning;)

• Like 1

Good player that never quite reached his full potential with us, but always put in 100% effort. Good luck to him, hope it goes well. Much less of a commute for him too, if I recall correctly - doesn’t be live somewhere up that way?

• Like 1

Cracking player that many said wasnt good enough for us but i cant see us signing a better winger.  The only player in our side that could directly run at a full back and take him on, never had a chance under wild and even when he did he had nobody in the box to cross it to. He will be happy wild didnt want him though as he's just bagged himself a cracking move to a big club who get decent crowds aswel

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

believe they have several full time employees doing this. Am sure that when we actually sign somebody we will do something similar. So not really sure what our "team" are supposed to be learning;)

I wasn’t criticising our media team, but I’ve never seen such good coverage on our feed as theirs. However, if they have full time staff, that explains a lot. 

27 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

The bad news is I have not seen or heard anything up to press that will make be splash for two season tickets. Plenty time I know but still have little doubts of where we are going.

You and me both, we’ve lost our better players , we’ve the lowest budget in the division and a you g bloke from Oldham in charge with 1 seasons management experience , have absolutely no expectations for next season 

24 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Why 

Yeah, I know what your thinking. But I think PW is wrong with Josh. He's better than what we've been left with, (just my opinion). I don't think that having come back from such a serious injury he was given any kind of chance to show what we know he can do. Everyone is talking about PW's way of playing, but what's gonna change, from 20 players he's retained 11 (I think), of the 7 or so he's let go, at least 4 were our better players. Is Allen better than Josh (a match fit Josh). As you can probably tell I'm a Josh fan, so my comment was a bit tongue in cheek, but when he turns up at the Shay in Hartlepool colours I hope he turns Allen & King & Williams inside out, and scores their consolation goal in a 3 - 1 defeat.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Yeah, I know what your thinking. But I think PW is wrong with Josh. He's better than what we've been left with, (just my opinion). I don't think that having come back from such a serious injury he was given any kind of chance to show what we know he can do. Everyone is talking about PW's way of playing, but what's gonna change, from 20 players he's retained 11 (I think), of the 7 or so he's let go, at least 4 were our better players. Is Allen better than Josh (a match fit Josh). As you can probably tell I'm a Josh fan, so my comment was a bit tongue in cheek, but when he turns up at the Shay in Hartlepool colours I hope he turns Allen & King & Williams inside out, and scores their consolation goal in a 3 - 1 defeat.

I agree to an extent but Allen is more skillful than Josh. However Allen was rarely utilised as a winger. In my opinion he is better than J King and Williams though. 

4 hours ago, steve lumb said:

Actually,we haven't.

Our media guy was made redundant with just about everyone else behind the scenes.

The media stuff is now done by a young kid.

Sad the way it has turned out for the lad. Was certainly on the upward curve before his injury. Had the potential at one stage to go on to much better things and you wonder how much the injury has hindered that and if he will ever be the same player. Probably more a victim of us having a small squad and the way that PW wants to play than a statement of PW not rating Josh. Good luck to the lad. 

I'm not convinced anybody ever recovers fully from an ACL injury.

A bit of a one dimensional player and injury prone.

PW doesn't seem to use conventional wingers so doesn't fit into his master plan.

Here's hoping PW is able to sign some fast, fit players who can play a bit of football for a change.

• Like 1