Sign in to follow this  
Shaymen2008

Welcome to Weymouth

Just now, Shaymen2008 said:

Just beaten Dartford 3-0 on penalties to join the National league. 

Seem to remember they have been at this level before. Or was that someone else? 

No. We played them a couple of times in the middle/late 2000's. I remember a trip down there early season, possibily first match, when we battered them for 80 odd minutes and lost 1-0. We could of still been playing and wouldn't of scored as they had a magic goal that match.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Opening game of the season, and also part of infamous afc Halifax coach trip. Lost 2-1 I think, was the season we went bust.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly it was a hot sunny day and we took a fair few fans. I think the away end had three portaloos for use and they stunk by half time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

We lost to Stevenage on the last day of the season when we went bust. We would have been relegated however stayed up mathematically because Weymouth beat Altrincham (I think) on the same day. 

We then got demoted 3 divisions for going bust, so it was a bit moot, but potentially we could have started even lower down the pyramid if we had been relegated that season. 

• Like 1

Nice part of the country. Mostly known for sailing is Weymouth and it was used for exactly that during the London Olympics. 

i remember Weymouth having a decent side when we played against them in the 2000's. Lee Elam played for Town and then played for Weymouth after his stint at The Shay. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

If I remember correctly it was a hot sunny day and we took a fair few fans. I think the away end had three portaloos for use and they stunk by half time.

2008 I think.

2 minutes ago, Caygillwashere said:

2008 I think.

We lost 1-0 on 16/09/2006 and 2-1 on 11/08/2007. The 2007 match was the first match of the season so that must be the match I was thinking of as I was sure it was ythe first match of the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caygillwashere said:

2008 I think.

First day of 2007-08 season. Tom Kearney scored a cracker, the first of many thunderbolts he got for Town...oh wait.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shaymus said:

First day of 2007-08 season. Tom Kearney scored a cracker, the first of many thunderbolts he got for Town...oh wait.

Poor player and was made captain aswel. I remember him telling a few of us to F off at gravesend

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

Poor player and was made captain aswel. I remember him telling a few of us to F off at gravesend

I can remember talkibg to Lee Butler about him and he rated him highly and said we were lucky to have him. I totally disagreed and said he offered very little, especially with his experience. 

On 8/1/2020 at 10:50 PM, Shaymus said:

Me and my cousin very much appreciated your hospitality at the camp site that evening :D 

• Like 1