The unfortunate facts are that viral pneumonias don't go away once they've arrived . If the vaccine works you're only talking about 50 to 80% success rate . These viral pneumonias are random beasts that just keep recurring without explanation

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure those celebrating Eid tomorrow will be heading to the pub. Just a wild hunch. 

I go to pub to get away from wife

Not sure KFC do chicken.

Posted Images

Just listened the news. 

You cant go to other peoples houses or have people in your garden but you can go sit in a beer garden with every Tom dick and Harry. That's absolutely fine. 

As usual clear as mud and as usual will be roundly ignored because as usual it wont be enforced. 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

I live in Halifax  and it's Eid tomorrow, think that's why they've  announced it. Doesn't say you can't go to pub to meet family or go out for a meal as long as you keep to social distancing rules. Can we all come to yours in Leeds

Well, Happy Eid to you and all your fellow Muslims for tomorrow. 

Shame for the drinkers too who worship ale. 

11 hours ago, Greggs said:

Just listened the news. 

You cant go to other peoples houses or have people in your garden but you can go sit in a beer garden with every Tom dick and Harry. That's absolutely fine. 

As usual clear as mud and as usual will be roundly ignored because as usual it wont be enforced. 

Bars, Pubs and Restaurants should be abiding by the 2m rule. If they aren’t they should be shut and licenses taken away.

1 hour ago, Ash said:

Bars, Pubs and Restaurants should be abiding by the 2m rule. If they aren’t they should be shut and licenses taken away.

How do you police it ? Seems this latest lockdown is racist in everything but name and those it's aimed at won't take any notice of it

• Like 2
5 hours ago, hunsworthhound said:

This lock down annouced 3 hrs before largest muslim festival of the year. Only applys to the 3 west yks councils with large muslim populations draw your own conclusions. 

And Burnley, Blackburn, Greater Manchester and Leicester. 250 people turning up at funerals. Ten tines the recommended limit and more. 

Here in Leeds you've hundreds going to mosques and shaking hands and hugging each other without wearing any PPE. 

I know the mayor of Blackburn who is an asian muslim has talked about being one of the biggest problems in their community since radicalisition and he has urged the muslin population of Blackburn to follow the correct procedure. 

I think the government have been next useless throughout this crisis but I agree with them on this issue. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
8 hours ago, Ash said:

2m rule? Keep up its 1m plus now but if you can stick to 2m :unsure: ..and they wounder why people arnt abiding. :doh:

• Like 1

This is a quote from an Asian Gentleman on Look North tonight. He was standing outside a mosque. 

"It won`t affect the celebrations cos very few people are going to abide by this now because the government should have looked at this more closely and they should have done it earlier or should have done it after Eid." 

I suspect that we will be going back 3 or 4 months on a proper lockdown if that is their attitude. 

Craig Whittaker MP for Calder Valley has blamed the BAME people and he is now being villified. 

I have seen 6 Asian men cross roads to shake hands with each other in the last 3 days. 

Young people are not immune from blame either.

If everybody just abided by the rules we`d be able to watch our team in a couple of months. I can`t see it happening now before xmas which could be the death of a few clubs

The more people get told what they have to do. 

The more people go against it. Just the way people are. It's a "it won't effect me" attitude that is just going to have us going round in circles over and over. 

Unless of course they lock down again and this time they actually enforce it. 

As for the football. I cant understand why you wouldn't just make masks mandatory to attend and let the usual crowd in. The pitfalls of this would be toilets I guess as you can get sachets of sauces for the burger Vans as opposed to the bottles. 

Have an attendant or 2 in the toilets cleaning the taps and such after use. Yes its time consuming but I'm sure we'd all rather wait to use the facilities than not watch football for who knows how long. 

Thinking all that through though it would be difficult to implement with no risk.

Edited by Greggs
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, arryarry said:

This is a quote from an Asian Gentleman on Look North tonight. He was standing outside a mosque. 

"It won`t affect the celebrations cos very few people are going to abide by this now because the government should have looked at this more closely and they should have done it earlier or should have done it after Eid." 

I suspect that we will be going back 3 or 4 months on a proper lockdown if that is their attitude. 

Craig Whittaker MP for Calder Valley has blamed the BAME people and he is now being villified. 

I have seen 6 Asian men cross roads to shake hands with each other in the last 3 days. 

If everybody just abided by the rules we`d be able to watch our team in a couple of months. I can`t see it happening now before xmas which could be the death of a few clubs

Sorry to say it but I agree.

with everything that’s going on if I was in charge of town I would not be spending money on new signings at the moment 

36 minutes ago, arryarry said:

Had to evict two car load of young Asians this afternoon

3 hours ago, arryarry said:

I note one of the Fax players has made a tweet that has since been deleted that seemed to mention the "areas" that were causing problems.

The problem we have is that people know not wearing a mask isn't being enforced, so many simply won't do it.

Businesses need to grow a spine and say "No mask, no service", or the government need to actually grow a pair and treat it the same way as alcohol sales - say any shop found serving someone not wearing a mask will face a fine - and then actually back that up. 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, Ash said:

Can still go to pubs restaurants etc just sit with people in your household.

The half price meals start on Monday night. Every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night throughout August. Half price to the value of no more than £10.