Jordan Sinnott Verdict

41 minutes ago, greygoose said:

By the looks of it he did walk away only to be persued. Never quite understood why alchol makes some people so aggressive, its meant to aid agood time not a bad one.

Yeah, Walk away if you can! I've seen some awful stuff associated with alcohol over the years as we all probably have, but I've always thought that it just makes aggressive people even more aggressive. I'm the same as you, I've never understood the drink to oblivion mentality of some. But the simple fact is, when you go out, always keep one eye on the idiots, their easy to spot and move away.

On 7/29/2020 at 5:56 PM, TommyH72 said:

Yeah, Walk away if you can! I've seen some awful stuff associated with alcohol over the years as we all probably have, but I've always thought that it just makes aggressive people even more aggressive. I'm the same as you, I've never understood the drink to oblivion mentality of some. But the simple fact is, when you go out, always keep one eye on the idiots, their easy to spot and move away.

Alcohol kills far more people than illegal drugs do. 

I've never known anyone try and start a fight when they were stoned from smoking cannabis. But alcohol is legal and the other isn't. A big own goal not legalising cannabis when many States in America have and it's also legal in Canada now too. 

I don't smoke cannabis but it should be legalised. 

4 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Alcohol kills far more people than illegal drugs do. 

I've never known anyone try and start a fight when they were stoned from smoking cannabis. But alcohol is legal and the other isn't. A big own goal not legalising cannabis when many States in America have and it's also legal in Canada now too. 

I don't smoke cannabis but it should be legalised. 

Alcohol is probably the most abused "substance" known to man. As I say Erik, I'vn seen some horrific stuff when Alcohol has been involved. I've never been down the drugs route and I'm glad and fortunate. The circles I used to hang in and still do on occasion, it's widely available. But your right, the laws need looking at, bringing them into the modern era and to do more to sort out the massive issues that accompany Alcohol.

• Like 1

Learn the facts before advocating for making it legal.

Alcohol, in moderation, is perfectly fine. Cannabis, even in moderation, can result in serious psychological disorders. That some people abuse alcohol is not a reason to ban it; some people abuse driving, should we ban that, too?

• Like 3

Sadly alcohol can bring out the best and worst in people. For some it can make them more social and warm and others it brings out their shadow side and demons. Too true on reflecting back at our own lives regarding this though. I can hand on heart say that I have experienced both sides of the coin. Life is not easy for some, and sadly alcohol can bring it all to the fore. RIP Jordan.....so very, very unnecessary. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Strangely as a youth I have been in many an altercation purely and simply because I am TT with drinkers taking an exemption to it.

Too bloody right.  Cant believe Hoddie hasnt turfed you off shaymen.net knowing that admission.  And before you say anything it is big and clever ;)

11 years for manslaughter for the lad who pleaded not guilty.

8 years for manslaughter for the lad who admitted to it.

14 months for affray for the third lad.

Just read that Jordan’s missus found out she was pregnant a week after his funeral too. Terribly sad.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
16 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Learn the facts before advocating for making it legal.

Alcohol, in moderation, is perfectly fine. Cannabis, even in moderation, can result in serious psychological disorders. That some people abuse alcohol is not a reason to ban it; some people abuse driving, should we ban that, too?

You'd better wip off an e-mail to America and Canada. 

1 hour ago, mj85 said:

Just read that Jordan’s missus found out she was pregnant a week after his funeral too. Terribly sad.

I didn't know the last bit. FFS. 

1 hour ago, mj85 said:

It hardly feels like "justice" really. The chances of all three of these lads actually serving all of those terms will probably be slim too, they will probably all be out and free to go on with their life before 2025. 

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Flea said:

It can also massively improve the lifestyle of those in pain, so its not a black and white "Its good/bad" debate. To have a blanket ban on something that naturally grows and can help those in crippling pain to me just feels wrong. 

I personally feel having cannabis legalised, with controlled distribution and done where the THC content can be safely worked out is the way forward. The current system is, in my opinion, too rigid and is ruining the quality of life for a lot of seriously ill people. 

Spot on. 

8 hours ago, Flea said:

It can also massively improve the lifestyle of those in pain, so its not a black and white "Its good/bad" debate. To have a blanket ban on something that naturally grows and can help those in crippling pain to me just feels wrong. 

I personally feel having cannabis legalised, with controlled distribution and done where the THC content can be safely worked out is the way forward. The current system is, in my opinion, too rigid and is ruining the quality of life for a lot of seriously ill people. 

Where it can be a "massive help" it can be prescribed by a professional, after a thorough risk assessment of the person's mental health.

9 hours ago, mj85 said:

that's is terribly sad...in another way she will get to see jorden in the childs eyes so it might be a little happiness aswell..

• Like 1
On 8/1/2020 at 7:43 AM, Hoddie said:

Where it can be a "massive help" it can be prescribed by a professional, after a thorough risk assessment of the person's mental health.

This is the honest truth.i know of 2 people who have different mental health problems and who are both very different in age and life experience. Both people smoke pot to help them with their problem. 

There are so many different variables with pot but the thing is pot is still being grown, bought and sold, and smoked whether it's legal or not. 

Make it legal and you can control the strength and where people smoke it.