In a brief spell as the manager of this team, of 7 games played, he won 3, drew 3 & lost 1. And in doing so he won a Championship. Who was the Manager in question. Usual Rules Please. No Wikythingy or Goggles

5 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

In a brief spell as the manager of this team, of 7 games played, he won 3, drew 3 & lost 1. And in doing so he won a Championship. Who was the Manager in question. Usual Rules Please. No Wikythingy or Goggles

Neil Warnock

1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Having narrowed it down to ex Arsenal players.......

I can only think of George Graham

Or are we back to ex Everton players ?????

That would make it Howard Kendall

Failing that

Cliff Richard

Now I'm desperately trying to work out if this is one of your cryptic answers?? Either way, he played for both Arsenal & Everton and it's not Cliff

2 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Now I'm desperately trying to work out if this is one of your cryptic answers?? Either way, he played for both Arsenal & Everton and it's not Cliff

He also played for a team in a 4 - 1 win over Halifax Town

2 hours ago, Lammie said:

That doesn’t narrow it down much.

Sorry!!

1 hour ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Brian Clough.

1 hour ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Brian Clough.

Sorry themanwhowasntthere!!

5 minutes ago, Lammie said:

Alan Ball played for both clubs but I don’t remember him managing anyone.

Alan Ball did play for both teams & Blackpool, he managed Exeter & Manchester City and Southampton (I think), but sorry Lammie, not the answer I'm looking for.

3 hours ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Joe Mercer.

In 1972 I left Brighouse to live in London. My first job was a night porter at The Mayfair Hotel. Joe Mercer who was staying there, came up to the porters desk one night he wanted the London evening standard newspaper. We had sold out so I very kindly offered to go downstairs to the changing room and let him have mine which I had bought to read on tube journey to Hotel. I was expecting a nice tip for my gesture or at least him to offer to pay for the paper. Did he hell tight git just said thank you and walked away. 

Edited by born to moan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1