just wondered if anyone knew what our capacity is at the shay at moment with the skircoat been shut?..I reckon around 10000 ish but unsure..just trying to work out what crowds we could potentially have through coronavirus. ..I read that they was a cricket friendly at the oval and think 2500 can attend..the oval has a capacity of just over 25000 so it 10%...which would give us around 1000 supporters which isn't that bad..just dont know how the away support would be calculated?

Edited by Sparrow
8 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I would imagine we're one of the few clubs that could accommodate their regular crowd while enforcing social distancing. And they said we'd never fill the stadium. The fools! 

might give us a bit of an advantage having more supports in for games having one of the bigger grounds in the league?

20 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I would imagine we're one of the few clubs that could accommodate their regular crowd while enforcing social distancing. And they said we'd never fill the stadium. The fools! 

Part of the problem would be the additional cost of opening the full stadium i.e. stewards, gate staff, the extra cleaning up and preparation, etc.

42 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Part of the problem would be the additional cost of opening the full stadium i.e. stewards, gate staff, the extra cleaning up and preparation, etc.

Yes there would be a cost, but you have to imagine it's not as costly as turning away half your crowd.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bubba said:

doesnt stewarding go on size of crowd gav?..think 1 steward to 250 supporters?

33 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Wouldn't tape off half the south if that was the case.

I would imagine it's a mixture of both. One for every identified access point, subject to a minimum of 1 every x spectators. 

Every fan that wants to attend will probably be OK in the Shay.

Every steward that normally attends however probably won't fit in the ground as we'd hit capacity on them. 

• Like 1

Or we set up an online portal and have to buy our tickets online like at some other NL clubs with allocated seats. If you don’t adhere to the rules you get sent home

If you want to sit with a household member how will the stewards know that you are not breaking social distancing requirements?

Presumably the club will have to start taking staff off furlough soon to be able to get everything sorted out.