Notts County v Harrogate

County for me. They will have potentially the biggest budget in the league so it's in our best interest for them to go up. Harrogate a decent local trip for us and would be a bit embarrasing them being in the football league. No brainer for me.

Gotta be Harrogate for me. 

Notts County belong there but we want the 500+ fans they bring for an away game. 

Over the course of the season Harrogate finished 2nd so maybe they deserve it aswell. However much money they splashed on the team 

I hope Harrogate go up. It never feels like a proper occasion or game against them, its a plastic nothing club with no support, awful ground, awful view. Parking is often a pain, its an arse to get to for such a local game and we run the risk of being paired with them over the Xmas period which would be naff. 

County are a much better club to play next year. A proper club. On a selfish POV, I'd rather we had the better clubs to play than plastic nothings.

For the exact same reason, I'm disappointed York won't be coming up next season. That too would have been a decent set of games . 

On the basis of the 2 games on the box today, Notts County looked the better of the two. Harrogate are unlikely to have Diamond next season on loan and as was seen today they only have a small squad.

In terms of our prospects for next season then there are 2 trains of thought:

1. County to go up so we don't have to compete against a team with a huge budget and a huge squad.

2. Harrogate go up so we make more money from the County fans who would come to the Shay, especially if they are at or near the top of table at the time.

If I was a betting man then I would have to go with Notts County to win the Play Off final.

1 hour ago, Jmc said:

Harrogate for me , it’s not as though we’re skint enough without wishing the 2nd biggest following at the shay next year to get promoted 

Checked the numbers for this season and surprisingly we took 646 fans to Meadow Lane and they only brought 546 to the Shay. Also, Hartlepool brought more fans than Notts county.

Edited by ITMAN

for such a big club I didnt rate notts fans at all..should be bringing at least a thousand ...we average just over 2 thousand and took a third of that to theres..our support there was awesome and a great away day apart from the result...I hate harrogate think there punching against there weight...would rather harrogate go up..notts better away day for me

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

we would of still took more than them away

Our average away support last season was 241 per game compared to away support at the shay of 205. On that basis we are one of the "big hitters" in terms of what we add to a clubs gate.

• Like 1

Notts county was everyone’s cup final course everyone took their biggest following there , they still managed over 500 ok the worst day of the season whilst still being shite 

21 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Notts county was everyone’s cup final course everyone took their biggest following there , they still managed over 500 ok the worst day of the season whilst still being shite 

Compared to Stockport, it falls quite short. We still have the perennial problem of tiny handfuls of away fans from clubs such as BHW, and Stevenage replacing Barrow will not help. Even the clubs coming up from the NL North will not add much to the income from away supporters as I m not expecting them to bring more than Chorley and Fylde did.

image.png.2e97ff2d4a1b7b82faab28bada076487.png 

18 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

A good turn out from Torquay considering.

Yes, and not too bad from Yeovil considering the distances. Harrogate was poor, but it was a midweek game.

Edited by ITMAN
3 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Checked the numbers for this season and surprisingly we took 646 fans to Meadow Lane and they only brought 546 to the Shay. Also, Hartlepool brought more fans than Notts county.

We were top of the league at the time certain that would have also had an impact 

3 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

We were top of the league at the time certain that would have also had an impact 

Agreed

If that game had been reversed and notts had been top and playing at the shay they would have bought double the amount we did. We played them the weekend before Xmas with both teams having shocking runs at the time.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, scampyharris said:

Harrogate need to go up .

1 Nottingham is too good a supping oyl.

2 I want to see if ripping an artificial surface up and relaying a grass one can be done in a month.

Enough furloughed workers out there to help them and after your performance last week watching the game I think you and your mates better stick to shandy bass 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Jmc said:

We’ve missed out on potentially 4000 away fans with the season being ended early , min £60 .000 down the Swanee 

Wrexham would be expected to bring around 1,000 based on last seasons numbers, although that was a BH. Barrow, playing on a BH and still being in a dogfight with Harrogate would maybe have brought another 1,000. Aldershot end of season game nothing to play for, probably 200. So probably nearer the £44k mark.

However, the Barrow game may have sparked a bit more local interest, but hey ho we will never know, but it no doubt put a big dent in Mr B's budget forecast/cashflow