Bubba

Retained list

4 minutes ago, SHAY man 2 said:

Cameron King left !!!!

Great start. :doh: 

I can sense the players we want to stay are going to leave and the ones we'd rather leave are going to stay. 

Either way theres a lot of work and some good recruitment needed if we are going to stay at the right end of the table. 

Edited by Greggs
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SHAY man 2 said:

Cameron King left !!!!

Kings Lynn seems the obvious destination 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, SHAY man 2 said:

Cameron King left !!!!

I'm not too shocked and if last season is anything to go by, bothered. 10 games a season just isn't enough. 

But, on his day he's a real talent and I wish him all the best for the future. 

• Like 1

In full flow entertaining & a quality player. Not sure a 60min man is what we need with a small squad. Enjoyed watching when at his best,  no real suprise, good luck to him in the future as long as he doesn't come back to haunt us.

This sounds harsh but I'm not fussed. He's a great talent but we can't be carrying bit part players who struggle to do 60 mins a match and struggle with 2 games in a week. It makes us predictable to other teams and upsets the rythrm of the team too with chopping and changing. 

I wish him all the best and it's a real shame for him personally as he should be playing in the football league but for whatever it is. I don't wish to speculate. 

• Like 2

I assume he’s off to Kings Lynn now they are in the NL, as he’s from down that way. 

If he goes, I would hope Hanson is at least played in some pre-season friendlies and hopefully taken off the transfer list.

C King leaving could give Earing the opportunity to get some minutes under his belt. 

Based on our budget, and with no crowds for the foreseeable, I’d like to see some young players given playing time and blend them with some experience. 

• Like 2

Not too bothered could only play every now and again , still doubt we’ll get anyone of equal ability however 

3 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Not too bothered could only play every now and again , still doubt we’ll get anyone of equal ability however 

That’s my worry. Feel we may have to take a risk on a lower league player. 

King a class player on his day but them days are few and far between. However id much rather have king on for 60 minutes than have earing on the pitch, young lad but for me nowhere near ready for a starting spot

50 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

This sounds harsh but I'm not fussed. He's a great talent but we can't be carrying bit part players who struggle to do 60 mins a match and struggle with 2 games in a week. It makes us predictable to other teams and upsets the rythrm of the team too with chopping and changing. 

I wish him all the best and it's a real shame for him personally as he should be playing in the football league but for whatever it is. I don't wish to speculate. 

Especially if there will be a lot of midweek games because of a shortened season.

• Like 1

Quality footballer, I'd have played him every game until he fell over. Very sad he's leaving.

Edited by born to moan
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

On the evidence of last season. He is not good enough for the Football League. 

On the evidence of last season.  He is not good enough for the glue league.

Good luck to Cameron, I hope he does well (apart from when against us), however, as others have said, he struggles to do 90 mins and at times that was a liability for us.

If he could sort his fitness issues out however he would easily be one of the best players in this division and probably playing in the FL. Its a shame really that he has these fitness issues as he is a proper talent. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

King a class player on his day but them days are few and far between. However id much rather have king on for 60 minutes than have earing on the pitch, young lad but for me nowhere near ready for a starting spot

He might not be good enough. 

But what are you basing that opinion on? Has he ever had a consistent run with us? 

Earing has looked alright in glimpses, Ebbsfleet away when he came on and away at a Chesterfield. He will need a run of games at this level I think but there is talent in there

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Greggs said:

He might not be good enough. 

But what are you basing that opinion on? Has he ever had a consistent run with us? 

When you perform on the pitch you get a consistent run in the team. I think there is potential there but he isnt ready at all yet. I think 99% of people see that and wouldn't be too positive if he was a starter in our team. I would loan him out to someone in the conf north to get some game time and experience 

4 hours ago, SHAY man 2 said:

Dukcy just posted on Twitter "decisions to be made"... suspecting he may be a player that could go ...

From reading Niall Maher’s reply to his tweet, the decision was whether or not to fly away on holiday

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

When you perform on the pitch you get a consistent run in the team. I think there is potential there but he isnt ready at all yet. I think 99% of people see that and wouldn't be too positive if he was a starter in our team. I would loan him out to someone in the conf north to get some game time and experience 

Theres plenty of players in the retained list that 99% of people can see shouldn't be here but they have been offered new deals. Perhaps he will get a chance perhaps not. 

Re Duckworth, correct me if I'm wrong, but I am sure he (or someone from the club) recently made a statement saying that in the past few years its always been up in the air or late on when an agreement was made and that he was looking forward to settling early this time.

The impression I got was that Ducky was happy here and was wanting to get the deal signed and done with ASAP, rather than wait and see what else was out there. It may well be that he actually signed the contract a while ago for another season. 

• Like 1