Bubba

Retained list

1 minute ago, chrisbo61 said:

A what?

A natural athlete. Think Spartan warrior body, but with golden flowing locks, the face of an angel and the mind of a Greek philosopher. 

All these qualities have stood me in good stead during my career as a male model, life guard and part time Spanish Flamenco dancer. 

Ole. 

1 hour ago, ashy1966 said:

Remind me how many times has he played centre back for us? I said it was an option not a permanent thing. 

Couldn’t tell you - but based on his one showing at Bromley in that position that I had the misfortune of seeing, it should never be repeated.

• Like 1

I think Brown is a great lad and a proper passionate player who gives his all. I love players like that. 

Maybe Wild wants to play more possession based football and higher up the pitch which let's be honest Brown isn't the best at and isn't the fastest. I know Clarke is knocking on but he's a lot cleverer and can use his experience and brain to get himself out of a pickle. 

It'll be sad to see Browny go but that's football I suppose. 

Regarding Redshaw. I don't think he would score so many goals as some people are making out. The good scoring strikers in this league tend to be big men bullies and Redshaw isn't that. 

I would have hot rid of TSS if I'm honest because he hasn't got it in him to stick his backside out, stick an elbow in and be a pain in the neck for centre halves. I hope they can drill it into him over the summer and I'll respect Wild'side decision. 

I'm looking forward to Earing getting some time and maybe we will see Staunton or Maher back at centre halves.  

It's interesting times and I just wish this virus would sod off so we can witness these changes in person. 

I've got faith in a good footballing side next year. I just hope we can add more bite and aggression up the top half of the pitch.  

P.S. Thanks to Josh MacDonald. He's been unlucky with injuries but 2 goals in 132 appearances for a forward isn't great, hes not good enough im afraid. The right decision but I wish him all the best. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Just don’t think Redshaw was ever committed  to playing for us .. we were a stepping stone for him to move on somewhere else 

I want someone who really wants to play ., will 100 percent every game 

Redshaw was good when he could be bothered he usually was just not bothered 

The vast majority of our squad will be aiming to use us as a stepping stone. No one's ambition in football is to play for Halifax Town

• Like 3

On 7/26/2020 at 11:11 AM, Erik Everhard said:

I am extremely lucky because I was born a natutal athlete. Ok, I still like to go for a 10 mile run, 30 mile bike ride,  do a slalom kayak course and then a 100 press ups before breakfast, just for the fun of it. 

I'm not sure but I have a feeling that's why people call me Adonis? 

Adonis!! With your unfortunate suffering from dyslexia I On Sad more appropriate for you 

• Haha 1

And it seems we have the lowest budget. Why? Our attendances are average and the town size to attract sponsors is larger than average.

18 minutes ago, Redcard said:

And it seems we have the lowest budget. Why? Our attendances are average and the town size to attract sponsors is larger than average.

Depends on rent and the amount of stewards and security  staff we have and all other overheads

So where's the project playoffs excess gone then. If the budgets the same

I think we as fans deserve to know. Sure there will be a valid reason. 

Edited by Greggs

17 minutes ago, Greggs said:

On paying for that existing budget I imagine.

I dont really care if we have a low or the lowest budget..money doesnt mean your going to win owt just look at other teams in all the other leagues with money and without..it puts alot more pressure on you if you have spent loads..I also believe in pete and chris and I'm excited who we will sign..if we got to playoffs this season then I believe we have a chance next season..stid..

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Greggs said:

It'll be used to prop up our budget. 

On 7/27/2020 at 6:38 PM, chadders said:

Adonis!! With your unfortunate suffering from dyslexia I On Sad more appropriate for you 

Jealousy is a terrible thing. But don't worry, I'll still talk to you. 

I'll always go out of my way to help the afflicted. 

On 7/26/2020 at 1:41 PM, Erik Everhard said:

A natural athlete. Think Spartan warrior body, but with golden flowing locks, the face of an angel and the mind of a Greek philosopher. 

All these qualities have stood me in good stead during my career as a male model, life guard and part time Spanish Flamenco dancer. 

Ole. 

Kept that one quiet :D

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Greggs said:

The first payment from the EFL (the £2m shared between the 3 NL leagues) was an advance on this years money, so it will replace that. 

I notice Barnet are losing all their best players. Looks like a big rebuild job for them 

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I notice Barnet are losing all their best players. Looks like a big rebuild job for them 

The commentator on the Notts game said that the last of their parachute payments had been paid this season, so maybe they’re back to running a ‘normal’ budget.

49 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

The commentator on the Notts game said that the last of their parachute payments had been paid this season, so maybe they’re back to running a ‘normal’ budget.

Who else will lose payment